Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2014 5:13:43 PM EDT
I have heard conflicting reports and no one has answered my email to SF yet. I have a Surefire 556-212 suppressor and just bought a 14.5" upper with pinned SOCOM FH. Will the two work together? I was told no by one guy and yes by another. The guy who said yeah, said it will attach and work fine, but the 212 can will be able to spin around the FH as there is no index pin on the SOCOM mounts. If so, is this a problem or not? IF it locks up tight but just spins I would think it should still stay in line with the bore... am I thinking right?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Legacy can, and a new SOCOM can in queue.

While I have not tried it, from all I read and see I understand it as SOCOM cans can go on Legacy mounts(not recommended) but not the other way round.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I understand the Socom suppressors work on legacy mounts but they don't index which means they can spin depending on how tight you lock them up. You can get them tight so that they don't spin without giving it a good twist. Legacy suppressors  will not work on socom mounts because of the nipple inside.  I would still be nervous when risking such an expensive investment. ..
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#3]
You can not put a legacy suppressor on a SOCOM series adapter. On the new mounts there is not the slot in the front for the index pin that is in the suppressor back section. You can put a SOCOM series suppressor on a legacy adapter and it will work just fine but you do not have a indexing system.

Garin Lee
Surefire Suppressor Division
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can not put a legacy suppressor on a SOCOM series adapter. On the new mounts there is not the slot in the front for the index pin that is in the suppressor back section. You can put a SOCOM series suppressor on a legacy adapter and it will work just fine but you do not have a indexing system.

Garin Lee
Surefire Suppressor Division
View Quote

Thanks Garin for the clarification.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Garin for the info. That being said, do you still sell the 212 flash hiders?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top