BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

I do. It's what's loaded on our company laptops.

I've done several that way. Also done most of the work on my iPhone and then used the work laptop to add the attachment and pay.

Most people here tell you the same thing about the 5330.20, but I'm glad the ATF employee confirmed it. That's the first time I've seen them admit the 90 day timeframe as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlindBomber:
Thank you for the write-up. I wish I could actually use it though. Who the hell still uses IE8!?

I do. It's what's loaded on our company laptops.

I've done several that way. Also done most of the work on my iPhone and then used the work laptop to add the attachment and pay.

Originally Posted By machinegunseabee:

I just fired off a thank you and a question about ensuring my attached documents were still in the computer system and got in reply a confirmation that my documents were indeed there and the wait was about 90 days. I was also told that I really didn't need the 5330.20.

Most people here tell you the same thing about the 5330.20, but I'm glad the ATF employee confirmed it. That's the first time I've seen them admit the 90 day timeframe as well.

I've done both of mine thus far using Chrome, no issues whatsoever...

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you efile from home or does it have to be with ffl?
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 8:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By poisontree:
View Quote

Anywhere with a solid Internet connection.

I've done one at the office and one in my recliner.

Gonna do my next one on the shitter.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HellBent:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HellBent:

Awesome, trust should be finished this week,  im excited and worried
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 9:00:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: governmentman] [#5]
Thanks for the guide, I finally filled out my first two today. PTR 91 PDW SBR and a Yugo M92 PAP SBR

It was nice to be able to play with the puppy while working on these.
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn it!!!!! They have now made this way toooo easy...I did my first SBR last night in 30 minutes......I see myself going broke this year...drowning in SBR's and SBS's...
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#7]
When you're filling in your address and info, to the right of the zip code, what is the '+4'?  Is it just part of your zip code, as in 12345-1234?  It is blank in the visual guide in the OP.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FIELD_MP:
When you're filling in your address and info, to the right of the zip code, what is the '+4'?  Is it just part of your zip code, as in 12345-1234?  It is blank in the visual guide in the OP.
View Quote

Yes, it's the standard ZIP + 4.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 11:26:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey I've got several lowers in my trust but just want to register one of them as SBR. Will this cause a problem?
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By xtreme762:
Hey I've got several lowers in my trust but just want to register one of them as SBR. Will this cause a problem?
View Quote

Only if you want to shoot two of them at the same time with <16" uppers.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally had the chance to submit my first (of many) form 1. Kudos OP and for all the info in here the process was painless.
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BlindBomber:
Thank you for the write-up. I wish I could actually use it though. Who the hell still uses IE8!?
View Quote

Figured this one out and it might help someone else:

-Go to the atfonline.gov website
-After it loads click F12 to bring up the developer options
-At the bottom of your screen a window will pop-up
-At the top there are drop-down bars, click the one that has you current version of IE, and select IE8
-You should now be operating in IE8
-??????
-Profit
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Really frustrated, everyone here seems to not be having problems, but every single time I go to the website "https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/"     I get the following:

eForms Outage

Due to daily maintenance, the e-Forms system is temporarily unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.
ASSISTANCE:
Please direct questions to the OST Customer Support Help Desk at 1-877-875-3723 or [email protected].

Really????  I have tried in IE 8, Chrome, IE 10

Isn't anyone having this problem?
Link Posted: 2/7/2014 10:24:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m411b30] [#14]
Originally Posted By kerighost:
Really frustrated, everyone here seems to not be having problems, but every single time I go to the website "https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/"     I get the following:

eForms Outage

Due to daily maintenance, the e-Forms system is temporarily unavailable.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience.
ASSISTANCE:
Please direct questions to the OST Customer Support Help Desk at 1-877-875-3723 or [email protected].

Really????  I have tried in IE 8, Chrome, IE 10

Isn't anyone having this problem?
View Quote

Working fine for me right now. Using Firefox 27.0

BTW, thanks so much for the guide. I was kinda nervous with the system, and found this thread. Not nervous anymore.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 12:06:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: khadafy] [#15]
Keep trying. I was going nuts with the website until I got lucky today and I was trying for 2 days in a row.
I use Chrome and Safari, both worked good
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Excellent write up! Wish I could do a F4 this way. Asked my local dealer yesterday if they were using the new e-file system, and unfortunately they were not
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By terrance250:
Excellent write up! Wish I could do a F4 this way. Asked my local dealer yesterday if they were using the new e-file system, and unfortunately they were not
View Quote

Then find another dealer!!

There are enough around, and the EForms turnaround time would be worth me driving an hour or more each direction if needed. Lots of dealers will ship in state, so you may be able to buy one somewhere else and handle everything by phone and email.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 2:28:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By chriss1069:
Damn it!!!!! They have now made this way toooo easy...I did my first SBR last night in 30 minutes......I see myself going broke this year...drowning in SBR's and SBS's...
View Quote

I didn't look for the SBS on the drop down menu while doing my SBR tonight.  Was it there and I missed it?
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 2:44:59 AM EDT
[#19]
and why do they give the Machine Gun option?

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sh1fty:

I didn't look for the SBS on the drop down menu while doing my SBR tonight.  Was it there and I missed it?
View Quote

Yep....unless the drop down options are different depending on manufacturer chosen the way that model and caliber change.

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I added a little more to the end of the OP, addressing Sections 10&11 on the back of the Form 1, as well as the 5330.20 Certification of Compliance.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 4:07:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m411b30] [#22]
I'm so fed up with the site going down for "Maintenance" RIGHT in the middle of uploading my Trust file. This is the 5th time I've tried to upload, and this shit has happened! It's really starting to piss me straight the fuck off.....

ETA: My gosh, man! Finally got this thing to upload. All are in the "Submitted" status now. Thankfully.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By xtreme762:
I'm so fed up with the site going down for "Maintenance" RIGHT in the middle of uploading my Trust file. This is the 5th time I've tried to upload, and this shit has happened! It's really starting to piss me straight the fuck off.....

ETA: My gosh, man! Finally got this thing to upload. All are in the "Submitted" status now. Thankfully.
View Quote

I feel your pain ... did the same to me right after I gave them my credit card ... now I have two charges on it.  Well, wait until Tuesday to call them to cancel the one payment.  But I did finally get it to go through.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#24]
What do I do when it comes up asking for manufacture. I tried typing in Bravo Company Manufacturing as well as BCM and neither are verified. Do I just type it in anyway or use the FMI generic code?
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 9:03:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#25]
Originally Posted By Moses_J:
What do I do when it comes up asking for manufacture. I tried typing in Bravo Company Manufacturing as well as BCM and neither are verified. Do I just type it in anyway or use the FMI generic code?
View Quote

I would type it exactly as it's engraved. Does it not pop up options when you start typing Bravo? I've tried to log in a couple times tonight to test it but keep getting an error. I can't remember if it lets you continue if it doesn't verify. If it will, type it exactly as it's engraved and include a pic as one of your attachments.

You're definitely not in an FMI situation.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#26]

I would type it exactly as it's engraved. Does it not pop up options when you start typing Bravo? I've tried to log in a couple times tonight to rest it but keep getting an error. I can't remember if it lets you continue if it doesn't verify. If it will, type it exactly as it's engraved and include a pic as one of your attachments.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Moses_J:

I would type it exactly as it's engraved. Does it not pop up options when you start typing Bravo? I've tried to log in a couple times tonight to rest it but keep getting an error. I can't remember if it lets you continue if it doesn't verify. If it will, type it exactly as it's engraved and include a pic as one of your attachments.

Yes it let's you continue but it just says it doesn't recognize the manufacture. That's a good idea to just take a picture of the lower and add it when adding the Trust. Is there a limit to how many attachments you can add? I've got my Trust broken down into three parts. Thanks, and a big thanks for making this thread!
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Here's what you need:

I just typed "bravo" and then let the blue circle spin until it gave me those possibilities.  You can either do that, or type it EXACTLY as you see it in my pic. Hopefully one of those matches the lower.

If one of those two doesn't match, I'd probably enter it exactly as engraved and attach a pic. You can have a max of 10 attachments at 3MB each.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's what you need:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/60B39664-3044-4A00-A97D-36999D214023_zpskbw830ky.jpg

I just typed "bravo" and then let the blue circle spin until it gave me those possibilities.  You can either do that, or type it EXACTLY as you see it in my pic. Hopefully one of those matches the lower.

If one of those two doesn't match, I'd probably enter it exactly as engraved and attach a pic. You can have a max of 10 attachments at 3MB each.
View Quote

Yeah it didn't do that at all when I tried. It was being really slow so that may be why. I'll go back in after midnight and try again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess I have more of a computer question.  
My scanner only allows me to scan single pages, so I have 13 files (pages of my Trust).
The ATF site only allows 10 items.  How do I go about getting all 13 pages on their upload page?
I've already tried placing them in one folder, but their site won't take a complete folder...only it's contents.

Please help :-(
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By H-D:
My scanner only allows me to scan single pages, so I have 13 files (pages of my Trust).
The ATF site only allows 10 items.  How do I go about getting all 13 pages on their upload page?
I've already tried placing them in one folder, but their site won't take a complete folder...only it's contents.

View Quote

you're going to have to find another solution...take it somewhere to scan it into a file?

when I scan on my printer, it asks if I have another page...that way I get all of mine in one file.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#31]

you're going to have to find another solution...take it somewhere to scan it into a file?

when I scan on my printer, it asks if I have another page...that way I get all of mine in one file.
View All Quotes

There are some free solutions, such as http://www.pdfmerge.com/ that will let you merge them online for free.  I haven't used this particular site but I've used similar in the past.

If you have a place to upload your pages (dropbox, for example) I have the full adobe suite and can merge them for you as well.

Link Posted: 2/19/2014 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Tried the "free" download mentioned above "pdfmerge", but it wasn't free at all.
They give you a sample of what they do then want $29.95 to purchase their license agreement.
Well so much for that.

Thanks for the help thus far guys.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Tried the "free" download mentioned above "pdfmerge", but it wasn't free at all.
They give you a sample of what they do then want $29.95 to purchase their license agreement.
Well so much for that.

Thanks for the help thus far guys.
View Quote

My scanner is the same way. I opened a word document and I would insert the scans into the word document as a picture and do one per page. Then I used one of the free converter websites to change it from word to PDF.
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm not so sure I would trust an online resource with my Trust. It's a pretty important document with pretty important information in it. Sure wouldn't want that to end up in the wrong hands, and in today's world, there's no telling what could happen.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 3:55:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar556223] [#35]
A bit of info that may help someone:
My OCD kicked in and I wanted to remove a eForm1 from the DRAFT folder on their site, because it was also shown in the SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS status folder.
When I removed it from the DRAFT, it disappeared from the SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS folder. Much panic ensued, because the site had an "Are you SURE you want do this, it is NOT reversible" button that of course I clicked.
I emailed the "Experts", no response for a few days. I was on the road for a few hrs today and called them. No problem, it is still pending, they are aware that this happens when you remove a draft, the site removes it from both folders on the site, but not from their system.

Just thought this might keep a few folks from wasting their time with emails or calls, she said it "everybody does it, happens all the time".
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#36]
So has anyone had a form approved using this step by step?
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 9:14:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#37]
So has anyone had a form approved using this step by step?
View Quote

As the OP, I'll say no. Because I made this as I was filling one out, and it hasn't been approved, yet...so nobody could've filled one out any earlier than I did using the guide. I filled two out just like it several weeks earlier and hit the 60 day mark on those today.

I used feedback from others here, answers I got from ATF, as well as my experience to make it...and I don't think there's anything in it that causes a problem. There very well may be many other ways to do it that will also get approved, but I don't see anything in it that will cause a problem.
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks Big W, this helped a lot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#39]
I have been trying to pull up the eforms for several days. Has anybody had the issues below???  

I keep getting the following message:

I am using IE version 11. So this message makes no sense to me. Then when I click ok and move to the next form where I select register. Then the next form comes out in a way that it cant be completely filled out. Not all the fields display. The city and user id don't allow me to enter info. So, I cant move on from this point.

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 11:52:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cruciantime] [#40]
I finally got in on chrome. Whew! That took a long time.

I am now registered. Crossing my fingers on the rest of this experience.

ETA: AND after reading the directions and going back and rereading this post, I find out that I can't efile because I want to do it as an individual!

Who's the dummy, I'm the dummy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#41]
So, has anyone heard anything about the applicant section??  I wanted to ask to those who listed their own name on the "licensee/permittee" section on the Eform.

I see that it should be your Trust name now.  I spent a week trying to fill out the form.  I finally submitted it today and I see that I put my name instead of the Trust name.  Now, in the Trade name box, I put my trust name.

Does anyone know for certain is this is automatic grounds for denial of an application?

Any advice/info is appreciated...

Link Posted: 2/23/2014 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By just_me_mongo:
So, has anyone heard anything about the applicant section??  I wanted to ask to those who listed their own name on the "licensee/permittee" section on the Eform.

I see that it should be your Trust name now.  I spent a week trying to fill out the form.  I finally submitted it today and I see that I put my name instead of the Trust name.  Now, in the Trade name box, I put my trust name.

Does anyone know for certain is this is automatic grounds for denial of an application?

Any advice/info is appreciated...

View Quote

All I can tell you is what the ATF said in their EForms bulletin:

When entering the applicant’s name on an eForm 1, just put down your trust name:

When an eForm 1 is submitted by a legal entity on an eForm 4 or 5, only the trust or LLC name should be entered as the applicant (Licensee/Permittee Name field on eForm 1) or as the transferee (Business Name field on eForms 4 or 5).
Do not list the identification of the trustee (for example, John Doe, trustee) as part of the applicant or transferee name. The identification of the entity members will be available in the information attached, to document the entity.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#43]
This is a great tutorial! Going to the bank to set up the trust account today, then I will be using this thing to get efiled!

Thanks for spending your time to do this.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#44]
great write up.........I just cant seem to save the files.......will let me load them  but once I finalize them  it never fully saves them.   Ive tried on about 4 computers now.    I dont know what to do at this point.
Link Posted: 2/26/2014 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Continuing to add clarifying information as needed. Added snippets from EForms bulletins to address:
1. What name to use as applicant
2. How to choose manufacturer
3. Details about attachments
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#46]
I just got off the phone with Dana Pickles which is the examiner for NC and he told me the only thing that needs to be uploaded for a Form 1 is the Trust with Schedule A. He said you do not need to upload the Certification of Trust or Form 5330.20. Not sure how other examiners do stuff but since he is my examiner I'm going to do what he said.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Jack_Bauer24:
I just got off the phone with Dana Pickles which is the examiner for NC and he told me the only thing that needs to be uploaded for a Form 1 is the Trust with Schedule A. He said you do not need to upload the Certification of Trust or Form 5330.20. Not sure how other examiners do stuff but since he is my examiner I'm going to do what he said.
View Quote

That's not specific to NC or Pickles. It's clearly stated in at least one EForms bulletin. There's a paragraph and a screen shot at the bottom of the OP that covers the 5330.20.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Awesome post.  Thanks for the help.  I just did my first SBR Form.

Link Posted: 3/2/2014 8:09:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xmission] [#49]
Anyone else having trouble getting through this thing? I don't think I've ever seen so many crashes, and exceptions.

Twice in about 4 hours of trying, I've made it to the pay button finally, and I get:

" system error has occurred: javax.el.ELException: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException: oracle.wsm.common.sdk.WSMException: WSM-00015 : The user name is missing. Please press OK to try and recover from this error."

that is a far as it'll go.

ETA: I should have mentioned that I've made it to this point on Firefox. IE8 only gets me a couple of screens in, and winds up back on the page where you shoose your form, like nothing ever happened.

Oh, and the Save button has never worked for me yet. I always have to start from scratch, usually at the login screen.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#50]
I am getting the same error.  I filled out the form about 2 weeks ago and saved it.  I just got my trust into a PDF.  I want to edit to attach the file and submit.  I can't do it...  I thought I was doing something wrong.  I was going to try to and redo the F1 and see if I can go any further.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top