Site Notices
Page / 138
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jnutz19:
WOW! Listen to this. Just got the call from my dealer. Stamp is in on my YHM Integral Suppressed 10/22 Barrel. Check was chased on 2/24 and my stamp is already in. I still have one pending as of yesterday that the check was cashed on 2/19. I haven't even called about the barrel cause I wanted my 30 cal can so bad. I have officially given up on understanding the ATF! lol..... Well now I have to overnight the rest of my parts so I can put it together tomorrow lol

Not sure when it was approved but I will update when I pick it up.
View Quote

Individual or trust?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MikeDeltaFoxtrot:

Individual or trust?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
WOW! Listen to this. Just got the call from my dealer. Stamp is in on my YHM Integral Suppressed 10/22 Barrel. Check was chased on 2/24 and my stamp is already in. I still have one pending as of yesterday that the check was cashed on 2/19. I haven't even called about the barrel cause I wanted my 30 cal can so bad. I have officially given up on understanding the ATF! lol..... Well now I have to overnight the rest of my parts so I can put it together tomorrow lol

Individual or trust?

Trust
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

YHM 10/22 Integral
Trust Form 4
Pruchased: 1/12
Check Cashed/Pending: 2/24
Approved: 9/14
Stamp Received: 9/20
Approved by Carrie Fishel
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Form 4 (Individual)
Check Cashed April 14th
Approved Sept 1st
Picked up from dealer Sept 20th
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rlltd42:
Form 4 (Individual)
Check Cashed April 14th
Approved Sept 1st
View Quote

Who the hell did you have to pay off for that???
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:56:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By corym468:

View All Quotes
Form 4 (Individual)
Check Cashed April 14th
Approved Sept 1st

It was 159 days so on par with other individual form 4s

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]

http://i68.tinypic.com/ve2jjl.png
View All Quotes
Form 4 (Individual)
Check Cashed April 14th
Approved Sept 1st

http://i68.tinypic.com/ve2jjl.png

Now I'm glad I did individual form 4. How do some get approved so quickly. Some look like they were thirty days or less!
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#9]
SS has gotten back submissions from 2/17-2/18.

That's good news since CA sibmitted mine around that date. Wish CA would update their wait times a bit more often though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:35:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By unseenSNIPER:
SS has gotten back submissions from 2/17-2/18.

That's good news since CA sibmitted mine around that date. Wish CA would update their wait times a bit more often though.
View Quote

Serious question: why?
This tool, NFA tracker, isn't there a Reddit tracker too?

I would want to see the whole picture, not just what CA is doing...
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Cause I have orders in process at CA
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:04:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Just called after 210 days since check was cashed: I'm approved!

Form 4 Trust
Purchase: Jan 5
Form 3 approval: Feb 16
Form 4 sent: Feb 17
Form 4 Check Cashed: Feb 23
Form 4 approval: Sept. 13
Stamp arrives: ???

I'm hoping this week or next.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TacticalR:
Trust Form 4
Pending Feb 26
Approved Sept  14
Stamp Sept 21
View Quote

Pretty fast for the stamp to arrive!
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Let's see whose stamp arrives first, mine was approved 9/15.

Originally Posted By Lennyo3034:

Form 4 Trust

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#15]
GRIFFIN ARMAMENT M4SD-II
Trust Form 4
Pruchased: 4/25/16
Check Cashed: 6/13/16
Pending: 9/21/16 - just shy of 3 months!
Approved: Summer of 2017 - maybe  
Stamp Received:  
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Trust Form 4
Pending Feb 26
Approved Sept  14
Stamp Sept 21

Mine was approved on 9/14 and I got my stamp on 9/20. I couldn't believe I got it so fast!
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar15eric] [#17]
SiCo Specwar 762 from Riflegear
Sent: March 17ish
Pending: July 13

SiCo Osprey 45K from CA
F4 sent - May 10th
Pending - May 24

GA Recce 5 from SS
F3 sent - Jun 3ish
F3 approved - Jul 27ish
F4 sent - ???
Pending - ???
ETA: I found out that the dealer for this suppressor allows conjugal visits.

It is interesting that the silencer I bought in May goes pending a month and a half before the silencer I bought in mid March.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I am a little worried I am going to be the guy with a F4 beating a F3.

4/28 - Purchased Obsidian from SS
5/12 - F3 Submitted
6/xx - F4 Submitted
6/15 - F4 Check Cashed (Trust)

6/28 - F3 RESUBMITTED!!!  WTF!?!  I suppose the original was lost when that huge stack of paperwork was sent in.  No biggie.

8/31 - F3 RESUBMITTED!!! OMG!!!

So I am 4 months and change and the suppressor is still at SS.  I hope the 8/31 submission goes through shortly so I can at least get the can to my SOT.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By arocho:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By arocho:

Originally Posted By Lennyo3034:

Form 4 Trust

Just got the text from dealer. My stamp is in!
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
Form 4 (Individual)
Check Cashed April 14th
Approved Sept 1st

Seems the trusts are really getting screwed on the wait times. I have a form4 submitted back in mid Feb I am still waiting on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
Silencerco SparrowPurchased 4/10
Form 4 was received 4/27
I called today and it's pending
View Quote

Individual or Trust?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Do they get pissed if you call multiple times on the same Form 4? I called at the 6 month mark and they said it was still pending. It's been 7 months now and still no word from my dealer. Should I call again or just keep waiting?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By motown_steve:
Do they get pissed if you call multiple times on the same Form 4? I called at the 6 month mark and they said it was still pending. It's been 7 months now and still no word from my dealer. Should I call again or just keep waiting?
View Quote

I would call once a week on it if I was at the 6 month mark.

Seems like the women that have answered have all been helpful. The men though have been jack ass's though...
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By M4Tank:

Seems like the women that have answered have all been helpful. The men though have been jack ass's though...
View All Quotes

My experience as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SLAPPYROOTZ:

My experience as well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SLAPPYROOTZ:

My experience as well.

Similar experiences.just called and my sandman from 3-1 is still pending
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#26]
So I just called, they said the transfers are going about a month and a half past the 6 months. She said probably November some time for a Form 4 that was received on 3/2.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:14:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jnutz19] [#28]
I am more confused now then ever. I just called and my form 4 for my Rugged Surge was approved on the 9/13. It went pending on 2/19. I called on Monday 9/19 and they said it was still pending. I picked up my integral barrel on 9/20 that went pending on 2/24 and got approved on 9/14 and the stamp took only 6 days to get to my dealer but my stamp that got approved on 9/13 one day before my other stamp hasn't gotten to my dealer yet. Hopefully all can follow that lol. Good news is that my Surge FINALLY got approved now to wait on the stamp.

Rugged Surge 30 Cal
Trust Form 4
Pruchased: 1/11
Check Cashed/Pending: 2/19
Approved: 9/13
Stamp Received: ??
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
I just can't imagine calling more than once a month. Nothing you're going to say will speed it up. And they're not processed in order, so seeing somebody that submitted after you get approved before you means absolutely nothing.
View Quote

I too wonder what the point of calling is.  Does it increase the speed in which a person's form is processed?  If not, then it serves no purpose than providing some outlet for impatience.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Thunderbeast Ultra 5
Trust Form 4
Purchase 2/19
Pending 2/29
Approved 9/22
Stamp ???
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#32]

It doesn't speed it up, or slow it down. There's only one valid reason I know of...and it's if you have a sorry dealer. A situation where an error letter is sent and the dealer has 30 days to respond. Some don't stay on top of things, so if you call and find out it's in problem status, you can proactively contact the dealer. However, the ATF often sends a courtesy copy of the letter to the transferee, so even in this particular situation it's not always useful.

The ones that are calling every couple days, or even every week or two...just boggle my mind.

And anybody calling about an eForm, just to check status, is wasting everybody's time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Doc_Lane:
I too wonder what the point of calling is.  Does it increase the speed in which a person's form is processed?  If not, then it serves no purpose than providing some outlet for impatience.

It doesn't speed it up, or slow it down. There's only one valid reason I know of...and it's if you have a sorry dealer. A situation where an error letter is sent and the dealer has 30 days to respond. Some don't stay on top of things, so if you call and find out it's in problem status, you can proactively contact the dealer. However, the ATF often sends a courtesy copy of the letter to the transferee, so even in this particular situation it's not always useful.

The ones that are calling every couple days, or even every week or two...just boggle my mind.

And anybody calling about an eForm, just to check status, is wasting everybody's time.

If its after the 6 month mark, it could be approved at at any time. It's common sense it doesn't speed it up, but to me at least it's piece of mind knowing what the status is. If I had multiple form 4's approved already, I probably wouldn't even bother.

But once mine gets past the 6 month time frame I plan to call once a week... Once they tell me it's approved, I will know to be ready for it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
I just can't imagine calling more than once a month. Nothing you're going to say will speed it up. And they're not processed in order, so seeing somebody that submitted after you get approved before you means absolutely nothing.

Serves a purpose to me.
Although I don't call constantly, I call around the time everyone else is going pending based on when I sent mine in.....to verify that my form goes pending(so that I'm sure I'm in the system)
Then around the time everyone is being approved based on when I sent mine in I call because my dealer has forgotten to notify me in a timely manner once they have the approved form.  They couldn't find my number on one of my last ones, so eventually they sent me a letter in the mail saying that my Form was approved.  Pretty good service, but if I had called and known the form had been approved I would have known to call my dealer.

Honestly your the only person that cares about your form being approved and delivered.  It's personal to you, to everyone else; your just a peice of paper, and when they go home for dinner, you and your item mean nothing to them.  

So check on yours or don't, doesn't bother me or anyone at the BATFE, or your dealer.  The above is why I do, not to excess, but just to know the ball is rolling and I'm not lost in the thousands/maybe millions of forms now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Would the reason be valid if your pending form 4 is approaching 8 months, which mine will be tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

BigWaylon is right. I called at 6 months mark (3/2016) to find out that my form 4 was "Return without Action", I called dealer and he dig thru all his paperwork to confirm ATF did in fact issue a letter for "Return without action"
Now, I am back in the line again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By optimator:
My Recce 7 went pending on 2/19. Purchased from Silencer Shop on 1/13. I called today and it was approved on 9/4. Weird that it was approved on a Sunday, but I'll take it!!!
View Quote

Got it! I finally received my stamp on 9/21.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Picked up my sandman s today. 227 days from purchase to stamp in hand. Form 4 trust
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Day 221. This is displeasing.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#39]
I had a 2/2 (mailed) Form 4 approved on 7/6...and they are still in February 2.5 months later.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Hater:
I had a 2/2 (mailed) Form 4 approved on 7/6...and they are still in February 2.5 months later.  
View Quote

Individual or trust?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:46:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hater] [#41]

Originally Posted By Aby001:
Individual or trust?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aby001:

Originally Posted By Hater:

Individual or trust?
Trust - but I think my dealer must have known somebody up there for it to get approved in 5 months.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Rugged Surge 7.62
Trust Form 4
Pruchased: 1/11
Check Cashed/Pending: 2/19
Approved: 9/13
Stamp Received: 9/23
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:59:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: moose-hunter] [#43]
Thunderbeast 6.5 Ultra 7
Trust Form 4

Forms Mailed: 2-23-2016
Check cashed: 2-29-2016 (four days after delivery to agent)
Pending: (Called at 209 days but never found out.)
Approved: 9/20/2016
Stamp: Just got "the call" and will have the beasty in hand this afternoon.

From door to door....  214 days!  

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Day 110
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#45]
The disparity between Form 4's to trusts, and other transfer is becoming extreme.  I guess elections have consequences.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#46]
my dream of seeing my mid march Sandman L before deer season is slowly turning into a dream of seeing it before next deer season..... THANKS O'BUMMER
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I mailed the 4's on my SilencerCo Harvester on 2/28.  At the time I was congratulating myself on buying it well in advance of deer season, so I could hunt suppressed this year.  Of course, I need to get it enough in advance to work out my POI shift and related dope.  Oh well, I guess ear plugs are cheap.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#48]
The disparity between Form 4's to trusts, and other transfer is becoming extreme.  I guess elections have consequences.
View Quote

You are right, there is a HUGE disparity between the forms being approved. I put mine on a trust because my company moves me to different states. By having them on a trust with family members, they can be stored in a safe and legal place, in case  I'm sent to NY or some such hell to work, not because I'm trying to duck any laws.  I'm not expecting the three I purchased in April and early May until next June at the earliest.....wish I'd never spent the money, as if Hillary gets in, we have a good chance of being screwed.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:48:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#49]
All on Trusts

Dear Air Armament Sandman - S
Purchased: 12-10-2015 from Jake @ Quiet Riot Firearms
F3 Filed: 12-10-2015
F3 approved: 1-21-2016
F4 mailed: 02-25-2016
check cashed: ?
Pending: 03-01-2016
Approved: still pending as of 09-25-2016

Received from SOT: ?

Dear Air Armament Sandman - S (my buddy's can)
Purchased: 12-14-2015 from Jake @ Quiet Riot Firearms
F3 Filed: 12-14-2015
F3 approved: 1-22-2016
F4 mailed: 2-17-2016
check cashed: 2-23-2016
Pending: ?
Approved: ?
Received from SOT: 9-25-2016

AAC Ti-rant 9mm (my buddy's) Quiet Riot Firearms. Allegedly the LAST one they had for $349
Purchased: 4-15-2015
F3 filed: ?
F3 mailed to local dealer: 6-8-2015
F4 mailed: ?
Check cashed: 01-26-2016 ?
Pending: 01-25-2016
Approved: 07-08-2016
Received from SOT: 9-25-2016

Surefire SOCOM 556 Mini FDE
Purchased: 12-23-2015 from Lanbo's Armory for $694.95 delivered
F3 filed:12-30-2015
F3 Approved: 02-2-2016
F4 mailed: 03-19-2016
Check cashed: ?
Pending: 03-24-2016
Approved: still pending as of 10-04-0216
Receive from SOT: ?

Griffin Armament Recce 7
Tar Heel State Firearms
Purchased: 04-15-2016
F3 filed: 04-16-2016
F3 Approved: 06-05-2016
F4 Mailed: 06-10-2016
F4 Approved: ?

Thompson Machine SG-2 9mm, no mount
Purchased: 04-11-2016 directly from Thompson Machine
F3 Filed: 04-20-2016
F3 Approved: 06-03-2016
F4 mailed: 07-11-2016
Check Cashed: ?
Received from SOT: ?

Thompson Machine ISIS 9mm 13.5x1 left hand
Purchased: 03-15-2016 on gunbroker from Auto Weapons for $211.75 + S&H
F3 filed: 03-22-2016
F3 approved: 05-19-2016.
F4 mailed: ?
Check cashed: ?

Also pending:
Noveske N4 lower Pending April 05. Still pending as of 10/04
M85 PAP Pending April 11
CZ Evo Scorpion mailed April 21
Wasr 63 mailed May 23
Remington 870 12g mailed May 23
Nodak Spud retro lower mailed June 7
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#50]
So I am still waiting on a form4 (trust) submitted 2/17 and received 2/20. So now going on over 7 months. I never received any letter from ATF stating something was wrong.  Do I call or give it another month?
Page / 138
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top