Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2010 12:41:23 PM EDT
Just picked up a full-size M&P9 and have a Multimount sitting at my C3.

Tornado Tech doesn't list the M&P series on their website for threading (and I haven't called yet).

Any other places/ideas?
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Storm lake has an aftermarket barrel for the m&p if I'm not mistaken. Smith and Wesson also use to sell their own threaded barrel as they had a version of the gun that came with it. Might want to call them and ask.
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I called Gemtech and they recommended the factory barrel.... but they were out of stock.

I called S&W directly and ordered a factory spec ops barrel. They were out of stock also but I placed a order anyway. Mine shipped last week and I should be getting it today.

Cost $90 shipped.

EDIT: I placed my order last month when I bought my Multimount.... So YMMV
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I called Gemtech and they recommended the factory barrel.... but they were out of stock.

I called S&W directly and ordered a factory spec ops barrel. They were out of stock also but I placed a order anyway. Mine shipped last week and I should be getting it today.

Cost $90 shipped.

EDIT: I placed my order last month when I bought my Multimount.... So YMMV

Perfect!  Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/21/2010 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

order me one!

A Multimount or a threaded factory barrel?

Link Posted: 5/21/2010 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2010 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

barrel, i havent been able to find one

I'm calling S&W on Monday –– if they have factory, I can put in an order for 2.
 Just LMK if you're interested.

Link Posted: 5/21/2010 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought the SPEC-OPS M&P a few years back, and the barrel works great with my YHM Cobra and AAC EVO-9.  I've heard it has trouble indexing on some cans because the shoulder was made for Gemtech suppressors, though, so YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/22/2010 2:54:54 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/shop_.cfm?code=1

ADCO will thread an extension on for $150.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I was looking at getting a storm lake barrel for $225.  Now I'm glad I didn't...just got off the phone w/ smith, they have 9 well now 8 9mm spec ops factory threaded barrels in stock. Total w/s&h was a whopping $85.70. Kind of silly I'm buying a barrel for a gun I don't have yet..,but I'm picking it up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I was looking at getting a storm lake barrel for $225.  Now I'm glad I didn't...just got off the phone w/ smith, they have 9 well now 8 9mm spec ops factory threaded barrels in stock. Total w/s&h was a whopping $85.70. Kind of silly I'm buying a barrel for a gun I don't have yet..,but I'm picking it up tomorrow.

Yep - I ordered mine on Monday.  $85.70 shipped to my door is MUCH better than $210 for a Storm lake!

Link Posted: 5/26/2010 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep - I ordered mine on Monday.  $85.70 shipped to my door is MUCH better than $210 for a Storm lake!

Yea I've been putting it off for a while but called and ordered one today along with a few extra springs for my m&p. Prob order a supressor for the gun as soon as my first stamp comes back in for my sbr(already have a halo on order for that said sbr but it's form 3 transfer hasn't cleared yet to even start the form 4). Just want to make sure I have everything right before I get too many things out.
Link Posted: 5/26/2010 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#13]
WTF why did I get charged $90.85?
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 2:40:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 4:19:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Because it costs more to ship MA to WA than WA to VA.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Why don't retailers use the flat rate shipping boxes? Do they have some deal with ups or fedex?
USPS isn't even that restricting, the only thing you can't mail are pistols. I was able to mail my father a stripped lower in a flat rate box(via his cfl of course).
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it costs more to ship MA to WA than WA to VA.

Right... that makes sense...

They did some weird two carrier shipping with mine though.

They sent is out via Fedex, then Fedex dropped it off to USPS on the other side of my state, then USPS dropped it off to my mail box....

They should have just sent it USPS..... at least I would have gotten it a week earlier.....
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

what was the item # at S&W for that barrel?

I just called the 1-800 customer service number and pressed through to get to the retail sales rep.  I asked about the threaded M&P9 barrel and he knew just what I was talking about.

Link Posted: 5/27/2010 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ordered mine but backordered! i can wait

When I ordered mine the other day they claimed it was in stock. Took the guy a few minutes to figure out what I was talking about. Anyway we will see what happens in the next week or so if I get it in.
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#22]
My CSR wasn't even able to tell me if the threads were 1/2-28.

I ordered it anyways because I can always change the adapter on my MM

Link Posted: 5/27/2010 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#24]
The factory Spec Ops barrels are threaded 13.5x1 LH
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I would also think should anything ever happen with a factory barrel, you would still be "under warranty".  so...will the barrel i am getting have SAE or metric threads?
Link Posted: 5/27/2010 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I called Brownells, they can get a Storm lake threaded for a pretty fair price.  It is a special order but they can do it.

Now I wish someone would make a threaded barrel for the M&P45 Midsize.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I ordered mine the other day they claimed it was in stock. Took the guy a few minutes to figure out what I was talking about. Anyway we will see what happens in the next week or so if I get it in.

Bumping to say my barrel came in today. Looks good and went right in my m&p9 without issue. For under 90 bucks it looks really good. Right now I'm waiting for my first stamp to come in for my sbr which went pending on 5/14 so I have some time. Once I get it in to make sure everything was good with my trust I'll order a supressor for this gun. Have a halo on order for said sbr already. Just don't want to get too far ahead of myself.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bumping to say my barrel came in today. Looks good and went right in my m&p9 without issue. For under 90 bucks it looks really good. Right now I'm waiting for my first stamp to come in for my sbr which went pending on 5/14 so I have some time. Once I get it in to make sure everything was good with my trust I'll order a supressor for this gun. Have a halo on order for said sbr already. Just don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

Mine came in today too.  Looks great and, like you said, went in without a hitch.  Can't wait to get my 13.5 LID back end from Gemtech.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Item # anybody?

I'd like not to have to go round and round with the CS person trying to order this

This may sway my future host plans

Which model M&P does it fit?

Thank you
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Item # anybody?

I'd like not to have to go round and round with the CS person trying to order this

Thank you

Fits the full sized m&p9 with the 4.25 inch barrel.

Pulled my packing list and it lists the sku as 392560000 with the description "9mm m&p barrel supp. detail r"

CSR that I spoke to found the sku in a few minutes for me. Guess I got lucky. Need to order a thread cap for it still since it doesn't come with one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Item # anybody?

Thank you

Pulled my packing list and it lists the sku as 392560000 with the description "9mm m&p barrel supp. detail r"

CSR that I spoke to found the sku in a few minutes for me. Guess I got lucky. Need to order a thread cap for it still since it doesn't come with one.

The CSR I spoke with today said they didn't have them anymore...
I wonder if he was blowing smoke up my ass?

Link Posted: 6/8/2010 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Got mine a few days ago.  Very nice fit and just adds to the look of the gun.  Now once my YHM phantom comes in for my SBR I have to get to ordering an osprey 9!
The CS guy I talked to didn't know what i was talking about right away, i had to explain to him that they made a spec-ops model with the barrel.  Once he searched through his computer a bit he found it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Item # anybody?

Thank you

I wonder if he just meant that they were sold out?  My CSR had to do a bit of searching to pull it up but eventually did so.

Link Posted: 6/8/2010 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Item # anybody?

Thank you

The CSR I spoke with today said they didn't have them anymore... I wonder if he was blowing smoke up my ass?

I'd call back and recheck on that. Might just be out of stock. If they are not offering them anymore then I'm glad I got mine when I did.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Item # anybody?
Thank you

I'd call back and recheck on that. Might just be out of stock. If they are not offering them anymore then I'm glad I got mine when I did.

So I called back today on your suggestion and the guy said they weren't "obsoleted" as a
part and they should be getting more in the like any other part. A
bit of a different tale compared to the one I was told yesterday. So he
took my order and said they had half a dozen on order and it should be
3-4 weeks till they get them in and shipped them out.

Sounds similar to what somebody else in the thread was told and they still got their barrel just fine, so here's hoping...

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Patience gentleman, patience.....

Took me a month on back order, just make sure you call them after a month to check on your order, I did and they said that they had them in stock but my order wasn't filled .... good thing I called them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Took me a month on back order, just make sure you call them after a month to check on your order, I did and they said that they had them in stock but my order wasn't filled
.... good thing I called them.

Yeah I asked if I should call back in a couple of weeks to check on the my order and he said yeah call back in 2-3 weeks and inquire about it if I haven't received it.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Took me a month on back order, just make sure you call them after a month to check on your order, I did and they said that they had them in stock but my order wasn't filled .... good thing I called them.

Yeah I asked if I should call back in a couple of weeks to check on the my order and he said yeah call back in 2-3 weeks and inquire about it if I haven't received it.

Yea it can take a few weeks. Have some springs and other stuff from them on backorder(my barrel came in right away though).
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#41]
I had mine done at Adco as well
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Item # anybody?

Thank you

I used this info today and ordered one.  Guy said there are 14 on backorder right now.  He did not give an ETA
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Item # anybody?

Thank you

I used this info today and ordered one.  Guy said there are 14 on backorder right now.  He did not give an ETA

Glad I could help. Figured I'd order one while they had them. Decided I'm going to buy a new m&p9 for the barrel once my first nfa stamp clears(don't want to get ahead of my self and have 2 out right now). My current M&P was the first handgun I bought myself and I don't want to put the extra stress on it. Thing already has over 6k rounds through it. Figure a new one with the crimson trace grips would fit the bill nice.
Link Posted: 8/10/2010 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
just talked to S&W, the barrels are on backorder for a few more months, Gemtech is OUT.

somebody trade/sell me a freaking barrel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Place a backorder. I just did. $93.03 shipped. Can't beat the price.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top