Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/22/2010 11:56:53 AM EDT
I was looking at the AAC website checking out the .556 suppressors yesterday and saw these two suppressors. What is the difference between the M41000 and M42000?
I noticed the 1000 had 95% noise reduction, and the 2000 had 98%. How much difference is there between the two? What makes the 2000 better? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The biggest difference to me is the full Inconel core of the M4-2000.  If you are going to put any rounds from an MG, SBR or and high-cycle rate firing through the suppressor I strongly encourage you to get the M42K.  The SS baffles of the M41K will erode at a more accelerated rate than Inconel.  The M41K uses an Inconel blast baffle only; all other baffles are SS.

The M42K is also a little shorter, lighter weight, uses the ratchet mount (which I prefer to the M41K dual spring) and a bit quieter.  

Hope this helps.

Mark
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Or get the YHM 556 SS Phantom for less than $500, it too is full auto rated and comes with a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Or get the YHM 556 SS Phantom for less than $500, it too is full auto rated and comes with a lifetime warranty.

It also weighs 15% more than the M4-2000 and does NOT equal it in sound reduction.

Link Posted: 3/22/2010 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"Full-auto rating" doesn't mean the suppressor will last the same firing schedule as an M42K.    So, what is your point?

What kills these suppressor is erosion.  What causes erosion is heat.  Some materials withstand heat better than others.  The 718 heat-treated Inconel inside the M42K will outlast the Inconel blast baffle and SS core of the M41K, and the YHM product for that matter.

The YHM product is more comparable to the M41K.  

Mark
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Full-auto rating" doesn't mean the suppressor will last the same firing schedule as an M42K.    So, what is your point?

What kills these suppressor is erosion.  What causes erosion is heat.  Some materials withstand heat better than others.  The 718 heat-treated Inconel inside the M42K will outlast the Inconel blast baffle and SS core of the M41K, and the YHM product for that matter.

Mark

What proof do you have that the M42K suppressor will last longer than the phantom? Also for half the price the phantom is only 1 to 3 dBs louder depending on the host weapon. I know most of the people on here are profesional operators but not everyone here wants to pay double for only 3 dBs. Its not worth it to some people who just enjoy shooting and aren't kicking in doors and storming crack houses.

Link Posted: 3/22/2010 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

What proof do you have that the M42K suppressor will last longer than the phantom? Also for half the price the phantom is only 1 to 3 dBs louder depending on the host weapon. I know most of the people on here are profesional operators but not everyone here wants to pay double for only 3 dBs. Its not worth it to some people who just enjoy shooting and aren't kicking in doors and storming crack houses.

What proof?  LOL.    I have an M4-2000 we used as a demo can with 20K (yes, that is 20,000) plus rounds through it.  I have an M4-1000 with less than 2000 rounds through it.  The erosion in the M42K doesn't look as bad as what is seen in the M41K core.  The M41K was run mostly on 16" barrel ARs but some use on an 11.5" gun while the M42K has been shot on an M249 and 11.5" MGs.  Yeah, I've got some proof if you'd care to drive over and take a look.  

But you really don't need to question me about proof.  If you want further proof, you can research the erosion properties of the materials used in these suppressors.  It isn't rocket science.  The Inconel has been erosion resistance than the SS.

I agree that the dB difference isn't the big selling point here.  In fact, I thought I made it clear in my first post that I believe the M42K is worth the extra because of the materials difference.  Sorry if I wasn't absolutely clear on that point.  

Why are we discussing YHM products anyway when the OP clearly wanted a comparison of the two AAC products?  My guess is the guys championing the YHM bought YHM suppressors.  Am I correct in that assumption?  Is it also a safe assumption that it sucks being told that the suppressor product you purchased uses inferior materials than a more expensive competing product and that the product will not last as long?  Come on, am I getting warm?    

But since we're dragging other products into the discussion, the Ops Inc 16th Model is one of my favorite suppressors and it has no Inconel in it.  However, the brake they use acts a bit like a blast baffle in absorbing a huge amount of the blast.  Add to it the greater expansion area in the back of the suppressor (it is a reflex design) and you get a product that can actually take a lot of abuse and look no worse for the wear.  I own a 16th Model and frequently run it on a select-fire M4.  The inside of the suppressor looks great too.    It is available for anyone who doesn't believe me.  

Mark

Link Posted: 3/22/2010 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

What proof?  LOL.    I have an M4-2000 we used as a demo can with 20K (yes, that is 20,000) plus rounds through it.  I have an M4-1000 with less than 2000 rounds through it.  The erosion in the M42K doesn't look as bad as what is seen in the M41K core.  The M41K was run mostly on 16" barrel ARs but some use on an 11.5" gun while the M42K has been shot on an M249 and 11.5" MGs.  Yeah, I've got some proof if you'd care to drive over and take a look.  

But you really don't need to question me about proof.  If you want further proof, you can research the erosion properties of the materials used in these suppressors.  It isn't rocket science.  The Inconel has been erosion resistance than the SS.

I agree that the dB difference isn't the big selling point here.  In fact, I thought I made it clear in my first post that I believe the M42K is worth the extra because of the materials difference.  Sorry if I wasn't absolutely clear on that point.  

Why are we discussing YHM products anyway when the OP clearly wanted a comparison of the two AAC products?  My guess is the guys championing the YHM bought YHM suppressors.  Am I correct in that assumption?  Is it also a safe assumption that it sucks being told that the suppressor product you purchased uses inferior materials than a more expensive competing product and that the product will not last as long?  Come on, am I getting warm?    

But since we're dragging other products into the discussion, the Ops Inc 16th Model is one of my favorite suppressors and it has no Inconel in it.  However, the brake they use acts a bit like a blast baffle in absorbing a huge amount of the blast.  Add to it the greater expansion area in the back of the suppressor (it is a reflex design) and you get a product that can actually take a lot of abuse and look no worse for the wear.  I own a 16th Model and frequently run it on a select-fire M4.  The inside of the suppressor looks great too.    It is available for anyone who doesn't believe me.  

Mark

Not worth the drive but you can post some pics, I'd like to see the difference as I'm sure others would as well. I know this is an internet forum where nobody would tell a lie but I find it hard to believe that the M42K with 20,000 rds fired through it would have less wear than the M41K with less than 2,000 rds through it. Sounds totally believable to me.

I'm sure you're a high speed low drag tac-t-cool special ops navy seal who puts 20K rds through your suppressor every weekend but for most shooters they wouldn't wear out a stainless can and don't see paying twice the price for a solution to a problem thats non existent.

I'm not saying that YHM is superior to AAC, I'm only saying that YHM is a good quality can that works perfect for most average shooters. As far as being told that YHM is made from inferior materials, well its made from stainless and inconel same as the AAC can. Same materials just the AAC uses inconel for their baffles also where YHM only uses it in their blast baffles. Sounds to me like the guys who spend twice as much for a can made from the same materials have to try and justify the extra money they spent over the guys who payed half as much for a can that will last a lifetime for us.
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Yeah maybe, or maybe not.. key is: LIFETIME WARRANTY
Link Posted: 3/22/2010 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 2:08:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not worth the drive but you can post some pics, I'd like to see the difference as I'm sure others would as well. I know this is an internet forum where nobody would tell a lie but I find it hard to believe that the M42K with 20,000 rds fired through it would have less wear than the M41K with less than 2,000 rds through it. Sounds totally believable to me.

I'm sure you're a high speed low drag tac-t-cool special ops navy seal who puts 20K rds through your suppressor every weekend but for most shooters they wouldn't wear out a stainless can and don't see paying twice the price for a solution to a problem thats non existent.

I'm not saying that YHM is superior to AAC, I'm only saying that YHM is a good quality can that works perfect for most average shooters. As far as being told that YHM is made from inferior materials, well its made from stainless and inconel same as the AAC can. Same materials just the AAC uses inconel for their baffles also where YHM only uses it in their blast baffles. Sounds to me like the guys who spend twice as much for a can made from the same materials have to try and justify the extra money they spent over the guys who payed half as much for a can that will last a lifetime for us.

You are basically calling me a liar or at a minimum saying, "I don't believe it unless I see it."  Whatever, that's cool.  The M42K has been used for stress testing, a rental at local MG shoots and mostly for letting local LE guys play with it at demos.  The vast majority of ammo through this was not on my dime.    I used the suppressor in at least four training classes with round counts over 1K per.  We used it to test one of the first Blackout flash suppressors after destroying a Phantom-style mount.  Hey, I even have that on video somewhere.  

The M41K simply wasn't use as often.  Sorry if you have a hard time believing that.  

I never said the YHM wasn't a good product.  I did say it and the AAC M41K are made from inferior materials compared to the M42K.  That doesn't mean the YHM and M41K aren't well made from good materials and good products.  Are you really not understanding the point being made here?

Let me try to be really clear for you and any other people who have a hard time understanding.  The YHM is a good product.  It will last a long time.  It is made with similar materials to the M41K.  However, the SS baffles in its core will not withstand heat as well as something that uses Inconel for the entire core.  If you ware someone who will ever use the product on a short barrel rifle, an MG or any rifle that will get used at a high cycle rate, you should seriously consider the M42K as the suppressor to best suit your needs.  The M42K's core will last longer under those harsh conditions.

I hope that cleared things up a bit.

Mark
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 3:47:25 AM EDT
[#11]
All else fails, get the one that looks the coolest
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 4:21:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All else fails, get the one that looks the coolest

Can't lose there!
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 6:33:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
snip/
I have an M4-2000 we used as a demo can with 20K (yes, that is 20,000) plus rounds through it.  I have an M4-1000 with less than 2000 rounds through it.  The erosion in the M42K doesn't look as bad as what is seen in the M41K core.  The M41K was run mostly on 16" barrel ARs but some use on an 11.5" gun while the M42K has been shot on an M249 and 11.5" MGs.
Mark
/snip

Mark,
Is there any way possible to get pics of the blast baffle of the high round count M4-2000 and the M4-1000?
I would really like to see them, compared to my M4-2000 with >1000 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip/

I have an M4-2000 we used as a demo can with 20K (yes, that is 20,000) plus rounds through it. I have an M4-1000 with less than 2000 rounds through it. The erosion in the M42K doesn't look as bad as what is seen in the M41K core. The M41K was run mostly on 16" barrel ARs but some use on an 11.5" gun while the M42K has been shot on an M249 and 11.5" MGs.

Mark

/snip

Mark,

Is there any way possible to get pics of the blast baffle of the high round count M4-2000 and the M4-1000?

I would really like to see them, compared to my M4-2000 with >1000 rounds through it.

I have personally held the described M4-2K he has beat 20k rounds though. Still in perfect shape (with a little character of course).

Link Posted: 3/23/2010 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I love to watch people who appear to just be in the fight to fight try to win against other people that actually deal with _____ (whatever material is being debated) daily, much less manufactures.  I've had both and no longer have one of them.  I'll let you guess what I no longer have.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I love to watch people who appear to just be in the fight to fight try to win against other people that actually deal with _____ (whatever material is being debated) daily, much less manufactures.  I've had both and no longer have one of them.  I'll let you guess what I no longer have.

I do not have to extensively test every model for 5 years to understand "Lifetime Warranty"

Bad part about YHM Lifetime Warranty is that it is only for one lifetime,  from the sounds of things, it sounds like AAC offers a double lifetime warranty?  A double lifetime warranty is not needed for me because my Silencers do not intend to live more than one life.

YHM says they use 718 inconel and 304 SS for construction materials in the SS models.. but let me guess?  AAC 718 inconel is better because it has kryptonite koting?
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 2:19:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not have to extensively test every model for 5 years to understand "Lifetime Warranty"

Bad part about YHM Lifetime Warranty is that it is only for one lifetime,  from the sounds of things, it sounds like AAC offers a double lifetime warranty?  A double lifetime warranty is not needed for me because my Silencers do not intend to live more than one life.

YHM says they use 718 inconel and 304 SS for construction materials in the SS models.. but let me guess?  AAC 718 inconel is better because it has kryptonite koting?

No, AAC's 718 Inconel is the same as YHM's, but in the M4-2000 the entire baffle stack is made of 718. The stainless in the AAC can is 316L which is a better stainless than the 304 that's used in the YHM baffle stack. Not a good comparison.

The appropriate comparison would be to an M4-1000 since that utilizes a 718 Inconel blast baffle and 300 series stainless (as per AAC's website) for other components. To try and compare the YHM to the M4-2000 isn't even a comparison. At the very least you're talking different materials, hardly an even comparison, not to mention the weight savings, db reduction, etc.

As far as the original OP is concerned, listen to Bookhound, he's got a lot of knowledge and a ton of experience. He won't steer you wrong.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Mark

When Mark speaks, I listen.  He is a man of incredible integrity and knows more about firearms and suppressors than you ever will in your lifetime.  You can sit down and listen to the man's wisdom, or you can look like a fool and continue your feeble (and unsuccessful) attacks at his credibility.  I know which choice I would make, but that's just me.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 4:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When Mark speaks, I listen.  He is a man of incredible integrity and knows more about firearms and suppressors than you ever will in your lifetime.  You can sit down and listen to the man's wisdom, or you can look like a fool and continue your feeble (and unsuccessful) attacks at his credibility.  I know which choice I would make, but that's just me.  

I don't doubt Mark's knowledge and wisdom, and I am sure Mark is a good guy.   Still though he seems to push what he sells, AAC and Ops.  There is really no reason for him to speak good of YHM.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Mark

Well you obviously know him very well then since you hold him in such high regard speaking of him that way. Then again you assume I have little to no knowledge about firearms and suppressors and here you know nothing about me. So if you rattle off about my lack of knowledge and you don't even know me, why would I believe a word you had to say about anyone else? You really should learn to keep your mouth shut when you're talking about things you have no clue about.

As far as I can tell he's just pushing the products he sells. Or maybe its just coincidence that he sells AAC and Ops suppressors. Personally I'm a huge fan of SWR suppressors but that doesn't mean I don't think there are other quality suppressor companies out there.

Link Posted: 3/23/2010 4:45:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't doubt Mark's knowledge and wisdom, and I am sure Mark is a good guy.   Still though he seems to push what he sells, AAC and Ops.  There is really no reason for him to speak good of YHM.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Mark is about as honest a man you'll ever meet.  Did you even read his posts?  I swear some people are fucking functionally retarded, Mark has offered unbiased info based on his usage of the M41k and M42K, someone else brought up the YHM and Mark said that it is made of the same materials as the M41K and thus will suffer the same drawbacks of the M41K.....................how the fuck is this biased?

Link Posted: 3/23/2010 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Full-auto rating" doesn't mean the suppressor will last the same firing schedule as an M42K.  

So, what is your point?
Mark

What proof?  LOL.  

I have an M4-2000 we used as a demo can with 20K (yes, that is 20,000) plus rounds through it.  I have an M4-1000 with less than 2000 rounds through it.  The erosion in the M42K doesn't look as bad as what is seen in the M41K core.  The M41K was run mostly on 16" barrel ARs but some use on an 11.5" gun while the M42K has been shot on an M249 and 11.5" MGs.  Yeah, I've got some proof if you'd care to drive over and take a look.  

But since we're dragging other products into the discussion, the Ops Inc 16th Model is one of my favorite suppressors and it has no Inconel in it.  However, the brake they use acts a bit like a blast baffle in absorbing a huge amount of the blast.  Add to it the greater expansion area in the back of the suppressor (it is a reflex design) and you get a product that can actually take a lot of abuse and look no worse for the wear.  I own a 16th Model and frequently run it on a select-fire M4.  The inside of the suppressor looks great too.  

It is available for anyone who doesn't believe me.  

Mark

Well you obviously know him very well then since you hold him in such high regard speaking of him that way. Then again you assume I have little to no knowledge about firearms and suppressors and here you know nothing about me. So if you rattle off about my lack of knowledge and you don't even know me, why would I believe a word you had to say about anyone else? You really should learn to keep your mouth shut when you're talking about things you have no clue about.
As far as I can tell he's just pushing the products he sells. Or maybe its just coincidence that he sells AAC and Ops suppressors. Personally I'm a huge fan of SWR suppressors but that doesn't mean I don't think there are other quality suppressor companies out there.

Mark sells SWR as well, in fact when I bought my .22 can from him we discussed various advantages and disadvantages of the cans he sells.  Now riddle me this, if he's such an AAC whore why did he basically sway me away from buying an AAC Element?  And instead recommended the Sparrow?

Link Posted: 3/23/2010 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No, AAC's 718 Inconel is the same as YHM's, but in the M4-2000 the entire baffle stack is made of 718. The stainless in the AAC can is 316L which is a better stainless than the 304 that's used in the YHM baffle stack. Not a good comparison.

The appropriate comparison would be to an M4-1000 since that utilizes a 718 Inconel blast baffle and 300 series stainless (as per AAC's website) for other components. To try and compare the YHM to the M4-2000 isn't even a comparison. At the very least you're talking different materials, hardly an even comparison, not to mention the weight savings, db reduction, etc.

As far as the original OP is concerned, listen to Bookhound, he's got a lot of knowledge and a ton of experience. He won't steer you wrong.

YHM less than $500 (mount included)
AAC M4-2000 $1000 (mount not included)
Both are full auto rated
Both come with lifetime warranty.
Both sound the same 10 ft behind shooter, 100ft away, and while shooting (to my ears, which is the most important gauge to me).

How is that for a comparison?

Link Posted: 3/23/2010 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Both are full auto rated

Both sound the same 10 ft behind shooter, 100ft away, and while shooting (to my ears, which is the most important gauge to me).

Are you really this dense?

Link Posted: 3/23/2010 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hate to burst your bubble, but Mark is about as honest a man you'll ever meet.  Did you even read his posts?  I swear some people are fucking functionally retarded, Mark has offered unbiased info based on his usage of the M41k and M42K, someone else brought up the YHM and Mark said that it is made of the same materials as the M41K and thus will suffer the same drawbacks of the M41K.....................how the fuck is this biased?

Salesmen will always push the one that cost more.  Not saying Mark is doing that, but I don't really know Mark so I have to go with the trend, and that is the salesman trying to push the higher price item on me.  

I find it cool that a $500 can is almost as good as an $1100 can.  The $1100 can being only slightly quieter (though to my ears they both sound the same) and slightly lighter (3oz).

Also despite the AAC using metals from middle earth and Elves to forge their cans, that the YHM will last just as long.  I have seen posting from guys who claim 40k rounds out of their YHM and its still ticking.

Link Posted: 3/23/2010 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Both are full auto rated

Are you really this dense?

Do you want me to be?
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Mark

Mark sells SWR as well, in fact when I bought my .22 can from him we discussed various advantages and disadvantages of the cans he sells.  Now riddle me this, if he's such an AAC whore why did he basically sway me away from buying an AAC Element?  And instead recommended the Sparrow?

Cause he sells the sparrow too and probably makes a larger profit on it. Wow you really don't have a clue as to what you're talking about huh? I mean thats obvious since you over paid for the sparrow and could have gotten it cheaper from major malfunction.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get the whole point wrong.  I don't sell YHM suppressors because I don't think they are a "best of breed" product.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Salesmen will always push the one that cost more.  Not saying Mark is doing that, but I don't really know Mark so I have to go with the trend, and that is the salesman trying to push the higher price item on me.  

I find it cool that a $500 can is almost as good as an $1100 can.  The $1100 can being only slightly quieter (though to my ears they both sound the same) and slightly lighter (3oz).

Also despite the AAC using metals from middle earth and Elves to forge their cans, that the YHM will last just as long.  I have seen posting from guys who claim 40k rounds out of their YHM and its still ticking.

LOL.  You haven't dealt with me then.  I constantly talk people out of more expensive products.  If you had ever contacted me about suppressors you'd know that.  If I only pushed the most expensive product I'd push SureFire on everyone.  I AM a SureFire dealer and do NOT stock their suppressor products.  I'm a KAC dealer and don't push their products.  So, riddle me that one.  

Again, you don't understand what you are saying regarding metallurgy and it is making you sound pretty dense.  There IS NO WAY the YHM product could last as long as the M4-2000 under the same firing schedule.  It is simply not possible.    Continuing to argue the point is like arguing that the sky is really yellow and water is dry.

Give it a rest and go enjoy your suppressor.  

Mark
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get the whole point wrong.  I don't sell YHM suppressors because I don't think they are a "best of breed" product.  

I haven't met a saleman yet who didn't believe their product was better than the rest. The only difference between you and other suppressor dealers are, they have better prices on the same cans you sell.

Link Posted: 3/23/2010 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.  You haven't dealt with me then.  I constantly talk people out of more expensive products.  If you had ever contacted me about suppressors you'd know that.  If I only pushed the most expensive product I'd push SureFire on everyone.  I AM a SureFire dealer and do NOT stock their suppressor products.  I'm a KAC dealer and don't push their products.  So, riddle me that one.  

Again, you don't understand what you are saying regarding metallurgy and it is making you sound pretty dense.  There IS NO WAY the YHM product could last as long as the M4-2000 under the same firing schedule.  It is simply not possible.    Continuing to argue the point is like arguing that the sky is really yellow and water is dry.

Give it a rest and go enjoy your suppressor.  

Mark

And can I ask what schedule is that?  If a YHM SS can go 40k+ rounds that is good enough for me.  40k rounds is $12,000.  

Don't worry, I'll enjoy my suppressor while thinking of this thread.  I am not worried if my YHM can fails either because it has a lifetime warranty to back it up.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And can I ask what schedule is that?  If a YHM SS can go 40k+ rounds that is good enough for me.  40k rounds is $12,000.  

Don't worry, I'll enjoy my suppressor while thinking of this thread.  I am not worried if my YHM can fails either because it has a lifetime warranty to back it up.

Sigh.  

Okay, I'll give this ONE final try even though it is against my better judgment.

The "schedule" is any amount of firing.  Call it 5K rounds or call it a million.  The Inconel material WILL last longer than the SS material.  The SS material WILL erode at a more accelerated rate.  I don't understand WHY you can't grasp this simple concept.  

I'm done with the thread.  If the OP hasn't gotten the information he was seeking from this post perhaps NightHawk can point the guy to a dealer with all the answers and plenty of YHM product in stock in case he decides to go that way.

You guys take care.

Mark
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh.  

Okay, I'll give this ONE final try even though it is against my better judgment.

The "schedule" is any amount of firing.  Call it 5K rounds or call it a million.  The Inconel material WILL last longer than the SS material.  The SS material WILL erode at a more accelerated rate.  I don't understand WHY you can't grasp this simple concept.  

I'm done with the thread.  If the OP hasn't gotten the information he was seeking from this post perhaps NightHawk can point the guy to a dealer with all the answers and plenty of YHM product in stock in case he decides to go that way.

You guys take care.

Mark

Wow to be such an expert on suppressors you really are thick huh? Nobody was saying that stainless will out last inconel. The point is, for most shooters they will never shoot out a stainless suppressor and has no need to spend twice as much for inconel baffles. And even if they did it comes with a lifetime warranty so it would be rebuilt.

Keep up with whats being said. Reading really is fundamental.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh.  

You guys take care.

Mark

Don't go!  I have so many questions.

There are YHM out there that have seen 40k rounds without losing sound reduction.   What happens when a can erodes too much?  It no longer becomes a silencer?  Are you saying if a YHM can does erode to nothing that YHM will not honor their lifetime warranty?
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't met a saleman yet who didn't believe their product was better than the rest. The only difference between you and other suppressor dealers are, they have better prices on the same cans you sell.

Maybe they do.  Maybe not in all cases.  But I bet they also meet customers at ranges to let them actually try products.  I bet they actually USE the products they sell and know the products and all competing products VERY well because they have actually USED all the products available.  I am sure they never called ME for information pretending to be a customer just to get "the sales pitch" for certain products.  I bet they are willing to spend an hour or more helping to educate customers on various products so the customers can make educated decisions.  I bet all their information is based on first-hand experience.

Yeah, I just bet you are right.  Glad you have a dealer you like.  

Wow with all the other dealers calling you to get your sales pitches and your vast opinion on suppressors since you are a world renowned suppressor connoisseur, how do you find the time to even make a sale? Then again after seeing your prices I wouldn't bet you would sell a whole hell of alot. I mean when people ask where to buy a suppressor I never see your name come up, its always major malfunction. Thats why I bought 4 from him, best prices in the business.

But good luck to you pal.
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#37]
out of

OP sorry your thread got jacked
Link Posted: 3/23/2010 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
out of

+1
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 5:12:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
out of

Over people fighting dick size......

Jell-o and computers don't compare just like the 556 YHM and AAC M42K dont compare.  They just in different classes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 7:26:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I like the Ops Inc cans the best, AAC second, and YHM has never been on my radar at all. If I was going to run a SBR use the Ops Inc or AAC M42K.The YHM mounts are ugly

I think some people get butt hurt too much on the internet
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#41]
I always love it when a third party comes in and appears to "breaks up the fight" when it is already over, and there was not really a fight, just a discussion.  Then they will say something like this:

"OP sorry about how this turned into a shitfest",

when what they mean to say is:

"look at me, I am the good guy, the peacemaker, I can't have my own opinion, but I like tea and I don't like to get involved in controversial discussions, so I'll just stand fast and drop in when the discussion is about to end, that way I can drop in and appear to break up the fight and look like the good guy.. look at me"
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I like the Ops Inc cans the best, AAC second, and YHM has never been on my radar at all. If I was going to run a SBR use the Ops Inc or AAC M42K.The YHM mounts are ugly

I think some people get butt hurt too much on the internet

Thats the problem I have with the YHM cans too, their mounts are extremely ugly, but they work and you always get a tight fit, unlike AAC.

My next can is going to be an OPs 16th, I might even get it from Mark if his price is right
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I always love it when a third party comes in and appears to "breaks up the fight" when it is already over, and there was not really a fight, just a discussion.  Then they will say something like this:

"look at me, I am the good guy, the peacemaker, I can't have my own opinion, but I like tea and I don't like to get involved in controversial discussions, so I'll just stand fast and drop in when the discussion is about to end, that way I can drop in and appear to break up the fight and look like the good guy.. look at me"

Here I'll give you:

out of

That make you feel better?
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here I'll give you:

out of

That make you feel better?

If you give me anything less than that I would be disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#45]
between m4-1k and m4-2k, i went with the m4-2k, so i can get the cool 51t mounts before the 18t mount people... i was lucky to get my can when they still shipped the mounts, so i paid 1000 out the door, 800 for the can and 200 for the stamp
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#46]
To the OP, I had the same dillema you did about a year ago, but I ironically was thinking about the YHM as well. I ended up purchasing the m4-2000 and have been really happy with it. It is very quiet, doesn't have that bad of impact shift, and I believe the construction is top notch. My largest frustration has been gas blowback, even when using a basbusting CH. I think if you're getting an m4-2000 and not considering a m4-SPR think hard about a piston or switchblock upper. That's the direction I'm taking anyway. AAC has been great with customer service btw. They're moving to a new shop currently and still answer emails (today) in an hour or two. Also, for what it's worth, I have read Mark's posts on several forums, and believe him to be highly reliable - I would listen to his comments closely. Pic of last range session:
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was looking at the AAC website checking out the .556 suppressors yesterday and saw these two suppressors. What is the difference between the M41000 and M42000?
I noticed the 1000 had 95% noise reduction, and the 2000 had 98%. How much difference is there between the two? What makes the 2000 better? Thanks!

I read most of these posts and sat wondering why. It seems it looks and reads like others I've seen...OP asks a question about a suppressor and instead of getting what he needs...he gets a debate about a suppressor he prob wanted nothing to do with to begin with. It seems its almost always the same one or two guys starting something when it comes to YHM suppressors. I DONT see anything in the OP about YHM suppressors. I thought this thread was about why I should buy a AAC 2000 over the 1000.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I read most of these posts and sat wondering why. It seems it looks and reads like others I've seen...OP asks a question about a suppressor and instead of getting what he needs...he gets a debate about a suppressor he prob wanted nothing to do with to begin with. It seems its almost always the same one or two guys starting something when it comes to YHM suppressors. I DONT see anything in the OP about YHM suppressors. I thought this thread was about why I should buy a AAC 2000 over the 1000.

Just trying to inform him of a third and better option is all.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's because GerogeCostanza is a troll who has some emotional connection to buying a product and somehow has to justify his purchase of said inferior product by running his mouth at every opportunity. He has some bias against AAC so he uses every opportunity available to throw in his unwanted $0.02. He's very much like a liberal in that manner, disregarding any data that doesn't suit his purpose. It's like saying X car is as good as Y car because they both have 4 wheels and a 100k mile warranty. Well gosh, there's a little more to the story but it's ok, we'll disregard it so he can feel good about his purchase.

I don't know about him, but I sure do know about Mark, and I'd trust Mark's word over his every day of the week that ends in a y.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's because GerogeCostanza is a troll who has some emotional connection to buying a product and somehow has to justify his purchase of said inferior product by running his mouth at every opportunity. He has some bias against AAC so he uses every opportunity available to throw in his unwanted $0.02. He's very much like a liberal in that manner, disregarding any data that doesn't suit his purpose. It's like saying X car is as good as Y car because they both have 4 wheels and a 100k mile warranty. Well gosh, there's a little more to the story but it's ok, we'll disregard it so he can feel good about his purchase.

I don't know about him, but I sure do know about Mark, and I'd trust Mark's word over his every day of the week that ends in a y.

Wow you figured me out.  I thought libs like to follow the herd?  What herd am I following?  Also no one said you have to agree with me, this is America where it's ok to disagree, well at least for now it's OK

Yes I do come attached to my toys if I like them.  Is that a crime?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top