Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2001 9:04:52 AM EDT
Has anyone had experience with new S&B ammo in .223 cal?I've used it in pistol calibers and it was fine.Seems like a great price for new brass cased ammo.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used it but I like the new stuff from PMP in South Africa. I seems to shoot very good and is of better quality.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Good stuff, as long as it has a brass case.
GG
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the ammo forums. Do a search on s/b.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have used about 2000 rounds of this stuff, it is very nice, I got them from Claflin ammo, it costed me 160 dollars a case.  I also buy ammo from Maine cartridge company, it is reload ammo, but the quality is good and the velocity is right up there.  the case cost about 120 shipped.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Has anyone had experience with new S&B ammo in .223 cal?I've used it in pistol calibers and it was fine.Seems like a great price for new brass cased ammo.

Stuff is crap stay away from it.  Split necks, split cases, blown primers, case separations.  Had all of the above in one (1) case of S&B.  PMP South African, PMC, South African surplus, Winchester Q-whatever, UMC, American Eagle, and British surplus (if it's still available) are all great and very cheap (especially the South African battle pack surplus stuff).
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Stuff is crap stay away from it. Split necks, split cases, blown primers, case separations. Had all of the above in one (1) case of S&B. PMP South African, PMC, South African surplus, Winchester Q-whatever, UMC, American Eagle, and British surplus (if it's still available) are all great and very cheap (especially the South African battle pack surplus stuff).

I gotta agree with the above statement, this week end , fired off 250 rounds of the S&B, SS109, and wouldn't waste my money on it again.

To be honest with you, i had better luck with the wolf russian ammo, and i am sure a lot a people will disagree with that.
South african Battlepacs are great stuff and cheap but like the russian they have Berdan primers and nobody wants the work of reloading them

Link Posted: 12/17/2001 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Stuff is crap stay away from it. Split necks, split cases, blown primers, case separations. Had all of the above in one (1) case of S&B. PMP South African, PMC, South African surplus, Winchester Q-whatever, UMC, American Eagle, and British surplus (if it's still available) are all great and very cheap (especially the South African battle pack surplus stuff).

I gotta agree with the above statement, this week end , fired off 250 rounds of the S&B, SS109, and wouldn't waste my money on it again.

To be honest with you, i had better luck with the wolf russian ammo, and i am sure a lot a people will disagree with that.
South african Battlepacs are great stuff and cheap but like the russian they have Berdan primers and nobody wants the work of reloading them

I've never tried the S&B SS109 and I guess I won't, but I've always had good luck with the 55gr. S&B .223. 2000 rounds later and no problems from all three of my AR's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top