Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2001 11:19:14 AM EDT
one of the locals has an optima on his duty pistol...how rugged are thes things it is small and it is a red dot but in a scuffel Id be worried about breaking it even if the sidearm was still holstered ./...what do you thnk
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard good things about them. I had intended to try one on my 9mm, since the Optima 2000 is now actually cheaper than the replacement sights I was considering.

But.

My stepson asked me to mount one on his Ruger Super Blackhawk.  It failed before we could finish sighting it in. I have heard that there were problems with early failure, and that, if it survives the first 100 rounds or so it ought to be fine. Call me a sceptic.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
To me they're a toy--they work--but i wouldn't bet my life on one for a minute.  i've got two of them one with each size dot but right now neither one is mounted on anything.......Dick
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I seen a cop in LA area with one mounted to his Glock 21.  He seems to like it alot.  He attached a small chain to the cover, when he rock forward and draw his pistol, the cover comes off with the motion. or if he is going into something hot, he would have the cover removed already. he is a partol sarg. at night, he told me it reaaly help his aim, especially he is getting older, and his eye sight is not as good as it use to be.  he had it for about a year, he really likes it, and he have not had to change battery yet.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top