Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
2/23/2017 5:55:53 PM
Posted: 12/5/2001 12:16:05 PM EST
Is there a list of DCM or NRA Highpower Competition legal modifications or specs for rifles?

I got my AR-15 recently,and would like to compete, and there are just SO many goodies that you can add or change, but I want to keep mine legal for competition.

thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 12:24:23 PM EST
You can write to either of those organizations and for a modest fee they will send you a complete book of rules (which includes allowed modifications).
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 12:50:31 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 1:01:26 PM EST
This explanation may be too simple; if so, I apologize.

I assume you are speaking of AR-based "service rifle" competition, as opposed to "match rifle" competition. Broadly, a "service rifle" has to appear (emphasize appear) exactly like a US service rifle (there is one exception for Post-Ban rifles with no flash suppressors). Several armorers - Accuracy Speaks, Fulton Armory, Compass Lake Engineering - have web sites, and that will help you understand modifications. Also, the Bushmaster on-line catalog carries some kind of CMP / DCM weapon, so you can look to see what features it has.

My $.02, but the most common mod's (in order) probably are: trigger job; improved sights; steel tube around barrel; match barrel.

Again, broadly speaking, match rifle is much less restricted. "Space guns" are not uncommon.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 1:25:31 PM EST
Read the FAQs here, then print out the pdf
version of the rule book
at this link. It includes a section describing
legal modifications for the AR-15.

www.odcmp.com/Services/Competitions/rules.htm
Top Top