Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
2/23/2017 5:55:53 PM
Posted: 12/2/2001 4:43:55 AM EST
I love my Benelli for IPSC 3 gun , but my gun does not have interchangeable choke tubes. This is a real problem. I have tried to make up for this with ammo shot size selection but this is not a proper fix. I NEED interchangeable tubes! Several good smiths have told me that the barrel walls are to thin to install tubes so I just need a new barrel. Question is : Are M1 Super 90 barrels a simple swap interchange? Or do they have to be "fitted". Are there "generation models" ie: 1st , 2nd , etc. guns and if yes , do the barrels all interchange across generations ? Thanks in advance for all help.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 4:51:12 AM EST
Para069,

I own two M1S90s and as far as I've experienced (a couple of different barrels over the years) they are completely interchangeable - no generation issues.

The gunsmith guidance you received isn't exactly correct, you could have choke tubes installed, but the benelli barrels are chrome lined and makes the job a bit more difficult - I would recommend getting a 21" vent rib or the 18" rifle sight both are available with choke tubes.

Ryan
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:04:36 AM EST
Ryan , First Class Info !! Thanks !
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 6:50:59 PM EST
I got a 18" rifle sight bbl, it is really 19.5" and came with three choke tubes, fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:51:35 AM EST
i've got an m1 super 90 with a 28" barrel for the winged stuff...i'd like to get an 18" for camping/deer but haven't been able to find one around. any suggestions? where is the best (least expensive) place to find one? thanks, sloth
Top Top