Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 11/1/2001 4:48:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2001 5:14:17 PM EDT by captainpooby]
Can I replace the bolt itself, without the carrier? If I replace it, what, if any headspace considerations?I am getting close to 5000 rounds thru my LEGP. I have replaced no parts at all. Should I expect to replace some soon? I clean every range trip-2-300 rnds a trip.
I am not having problems, just looking ahead.
BP
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:32:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2001 5:27:45 PM EDT by CIB]
About the only time I've ever seen bolts replaced is when the firing pin hole becomes elongated(oval), or it brakes in half.
I don't think headspace is a consideration if a "new" bolt goes in an old bbl. it's when used bolts go in used bbl's that it needs to be checked.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:40:36 PM EDT
Thanks. What about other parts? The firing pin ret. pin. The gas rings. Any parts in the fire control group. Is there a suggested TBO(time before overhaul) for certain parts? I want to know when to replace parts BEFORE they break.
BP
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 5:45:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2001 5:41:25 PM EDT by CIB]
Firing pin needs to be replaced when the tip becomes flattened out. Other than that get a service rifle spring kit from Wolff and replace all the springs when you feel they need it. The other parts are very durable and don't really know if there is a "schedule" for replacement. I'm sure there is for bolt parts like the ejector/extractor. Shit keep forgetting stuff, usually you'll start getting indications of impending failure, before total failure.
Top Top