Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 8:16:29 PM EDT
I just bought a Ruger American that has standard hunting rifle style sling studs at 6:00.  I'd like to use a Vickers Sling to carry it in front of me, muzzle down.  Is there any quick and easy way to do this short of drilling the stock for flush cups at 9:00?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I recall seeing a QD to Uncle Mike's type adapter a couple of months ago. No idea where I saw it though. It was online though.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Found the adapters!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D65DDEU?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Hope this works for you.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found the adapters!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D65DDEU?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Hope this works for you.
View Quote
I think that this will work. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I still don't think it's going to get your rifle to hang the way you want it to. May have to install the cups or go with the velcro type sling attachments that put your anchor point at 9:00. But installing the cups is relatively easy, just drill and use some jb weld.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I still don't think it's going to get your rifle to hang the way you want it to. May have to install the cups or go with the velcro type sling attachments that put your anchor point at 9:00. But installing the cups is relatively easy, just drill and use some jb weld.
View Quote
I have no issue with installing cups. I've done it several times.  The American forearm is very thin, however.   I'd rather not butcher the stocks before I decide if I'm keeping it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#7]
The easiest was is to pick up the Frank Proctor WOTG sling. It has loops on the ends that will allow you to loop the front through the swivel and around the entire handguard then the back can go around the pistol grip(yes that's what it's called on a standard stock) When you carry, it will hang well. And when you carry, yes the front will have barrel tension, however when shooting, it won't be present as the sling will have slack unless you add tension. So-no barrel influence-but without seeing, Ruger may have a barrel pad up there and it would be a moot point huh?
Plus the WOTG sling allows for quick adjust and you can use it on your AR as well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The easiest was is to pick up the Frank Proctor WOTG sling. It has loops on the ends that will allow you to loop the front through the swivel and around the entire handguard then the back can go around the pistol grip(yes that's what it's called on a standard stock) When you carry, it will hang well. And when you carry, yes the front will have barrel tension, however when shooting, it won't be present as the sling will have slack unless you add tension. So-no barrel influence-but without seeing, Ruger may have a barrel pad up there and it would be a moot point huh?
Plus the WOTG sling allows for quick adjust and you can use it on your AR as well.
View Quote
Thanks, but I already have several extra Vickers slings that I bought on sale.

I'm thinking of trying a BFG UWL for the front attachment and and M16 buttstock adapter for the rear.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I just make a paracord loop and attach the sling to that
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
We used to do that for the shotgun, single point paracord around the grip area, worked great  verses a knuckle buster plate between the stock/receiver.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Another good idea.  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top