Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2017 11:41:00 AM EDT
I need you guys to buy this thing and test for me to see if it is any good.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WD2DL5C?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It's pretty cheap for a red dot. Might be interesting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#2]
You should just take $90 and burn it rather than buy a cheap optic like that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Holoson, Primary Arms or Vortex are as cheap as I'll go on red dots.
Anything cheaper tends to be very poorly manufactured.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
in on both last 2 post's.   red dots are the costliest  thing u will put on it if u do it right.   if its in any way a defense weapon don't even think about it.   u get EXACTLY what u pay for in a red dot

cheers

1texan
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Holosun HS503c, I think? It works great and I love the reticle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I think we have all spent 90 of various gear that turned out to shit the bed. This dot probably has the most promise of alot that gear. That $20 red/green t1 knock off has been burning up the web with it lasting and hold zero through alot of torture test! Of course there will be lots of brand snobs saying "if its not aimpoint its trash". Well not everyone has 500-700 for a dot to put on top of your $2000 AR. Sometimes a working fella needs something for his $400 garage gun that goes bang when he pulls the trigger. While I do sing the praises of PA and for $150 you can get a proven dot with advanced features sometimes I get guys need a sub $100 dot. Personally I would wait for more reviews to pop up if you dont have the $90 to spend on something that might not be what you need. But if you can quickly replace it should it not play out the way you hoped then I say give it a try.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I did a quick google. Looks like it's a NCStar product. The closest thing I've seen to a solar powered dot sight is the battery assisted Trijicon SRS. It's powered by a solar cell in daylight and a battery if you go inside a building or if it gets dark.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did a quick google. Looks like it's a NCStar product. The closest thing I've seen to a solar powered dot sight is the battery assisted Trijicon SRS. It's powered by a solar cell in daylight and a battery if you go inside a building or if it gets dark.
View Quote
Holosun has several solar/battery powered red dots and they're light years ahead of NCStar in quality.

Link Posted: 6/5/2017 2:07:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should just take $90 and burn it rather than buy a cheap optic like that.
View Quote
or go to the titty bar
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The Zeiss ZPoint is also a solar/battery hybrid.

I didn't like it at first because of the field of view and unique placement of the diode, but it's grown on me and will be staying on my Omega OMF-9.

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#11]
It boggles my mind when people spend $1000 on a gun then go out a put a cheap ass Chinese POS scope/RDS and expect results. Whats even move funny is when people bitch when it doesn't work or fail. What did you expect?

Got to pay if you want to play.

Cheap is never good and good is never cheap.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Sig Romeo 4s is $399 minus 30% off at gander mountain right now if anyone lives near one. I picked one up the other day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top