Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2017 3:17:33 AM EDT
I took a brand new SUB2000 out to test fire the other day. I had difficulty with the height of the iron sights. I had to really press my face down on the tube to get any sight picture at all and it was definitely not consistent.

I love the gun other than that and it worked perfect and was fairly accurate given the sight issues. I am willing to spend money on replacement iron sights but it MUST have iron sights and be able to fold.

Do any of the aftermarket iron sight replacements come in higher/taller than stock.factory models?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope. That's a common complaint, and I have the same issue as well with my gen II. Most of the buffer tube covers I've seen are too thick and just make it worse.

There's a few homemade solutions but no one's making an aftermarket option. I've seen pics of someone notching the top edge of the rear peep sight but not sure what they're doing for a taller front sight.

I found a pistol sized reflex sight on a tall riser with a QD mount to be the best solution for me. I can still use irons in a pinch but no fun for range use. It sits quite a bit higher than the irons so they're blocked. I did replace my front post with a KNS crosshair sight, for me it speeds up target acquisition which means less time looking thru the irons. I also just added a Blitzkrieg chevron front post on one of my ARs, also a good option for speed.

BTW I read on another forum someone else tried adding a KNS crosshair and they couldn't lower theirs enough to zero @ 25. Mine does but it's bottomed out, and it's the flat (not hooded) version, which is thinner.

Midwest Industries has a swingaway side mount for a red dot but so far I'm not impressed with the reviews, doesn't sound like it's as solid a mount as it should be. I've also seen 45 deg offset sights used but unless they're flush on top your Sub won't lock up when folded.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
When I had mine I would just use the bottom toe of the stock for shouldering.  And I cut the peep in half to make a big U.

I don't remember why I cut it into a U but I had no prob rolling bowling pins at 100yds offhand  

If I ever get out of CT I'd buy another sub2k. One of the handiest guns out there
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
As stated previously it is a common complaint. I just stuck a higher mounted reflex sight on mine and good to go. Sucks it can't fold all the way now but oh well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:42:55 AM EDT
[#4]
What a bummer. I mean so close yet so far. If they were just a bit higher, just a bit.

TSH77769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top