Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 10:22:54 AM EDT
What is the difference, other than color, between the TR and the Patrol version? Either caliber.

Mossberg's home page doesn't say anything.

I know the Patrol comes with a flash hider, but other than that what?

Are the stocks different in any way?

Is the bolt knob bigger?

Will I be paying more for the TR logo?

And as a aside: What has your experience been with either model?

Well made? Bolts work okay? Anything to watch out for in these rifles?

And does anyone know if the TR 5.56 still comes with sights on it. Mossberg website shows it, but I can't find one anywhere with it.

And I don't want a Ruger Scout.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking at specs looks like the Thunder Ranch has 18.5" barrel and a OD green stock. The Patrol has a 16.25" barrel and either a black or a tan stock.

I don't have either, my MVP is a Varmint with 24" barrel. I replaced the stock with a Boyds Classic, the trigger guard with an aluminum Tromix and mag well with an aluminum Tromix. The aluminum mag well works better with pmags than the original but they did work in original. The original mag well works best with metal magazines. The aluminum mag well works best with pmags but the metal mags work in it too, but with the metal mags all it takes is a twist and it will come out without touching mag release. If you look on the MVP forum there are a couple places selling upgrade parts and all kinds of info about the MVP.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried to join the MVP forum, but, for some reason, I can login but still can't post.

Even after send a few emails to the ADM.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
That sounds weird. It wasn't long after I registered there that I was able to post, but with M4Carbine.net I registered there on the 9th of this month and still can't post. I was thinking they are worse than California's 10 day waiting period for buying a firearms, I'd think they were a California forum, but I was able to post right away when I joined Calguns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top