Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2017 8:28:43 PM EDT
Who has em, how do you like them? Just ordered a burris 332 cause they are giving a bonus fastfire 3 with em now. Both for 270 after tax.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had an Eotech for a long time and a Vortex Spitfire that I just bought.  I like them both.  I have about 3,000 rounds through the Eotech and about 80 rounds through the Vortex.  I have to wear my glasses to use them due to my eye sight.

Eotech:

- Awesome optic no matter the info out there now
- Great field of view
- Short and light
- Very good run time on the battery
- Easy to pick up your target
- Battle proven

Vortex:

- I like the etched reticle in case the battery dies
- 3x which I like too
- My eye works better with the green illumination than the red
- It's heavier than the Eotech
- Made in China, I hope it holds up

Both have limitations, but as long as you know what they are and what you can do with them it doesn't matter.  Prism optics have a purpose, so as long as they will do what you want you will be fine.

The Vortex is on my truck gun, and the Eotech is on a rifle beside my bed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:39:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a Vortex Spitfire 1x on my PCC for a while... I have a pretty bad astigmatism, and the ability to focus was a plus...produced a very clear and sharp sight picture...didn't like the busy reticle... a single circle and slightly larger center dot would have been perfect...am switching back to the Vortex SPARC II but may have second thoughts...
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who has em, how do you like them? Just ordered a burris 332 cause they are giving a bonus fastfire 3 with em now. Both for 270 after tax.
View Quote
Love 'em. More compact than a standard scope and I have no need for variable zoom. I have a Burris 332 as well (got it for like, 99 dollars or somethign on some insane sale) and it's a poorman's TA-33. AKA: it's great for the money. IS it a TA-33? No. Is a TA-33 worth like 4 burris 332's? Mmm...also no.

Anyway, OP I think you'll be pleased, the 332 *I* think is worth 270 bucks, and throwing in a FastFire3 makes me want to buy another one for an upcoming build. 
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one on my BumpSAW in a GDI mount. I would recommend getting one of the GDI Acog mounts for it while they're on the clearance racks.  Cheapest place to pick them up is ebay. Pretty happy with it so far.  I bought another 332 because of the rebate

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where at this price?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where at this price?
View Quote
Try jet.com - I paid a little less with tax.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where at this price?
View Quote
Walmart.com it was 250 or 255, after tax was 270 free ship. Once it's here you submit the upc and receipt for the ff3.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Well i got it and i guess my astigmatism is messing with me cause Im finding it hard to focus. I haven't used anything but a red dot in the last 15yrs. I guess my eyes got worse since the last time I tried a scope. Now I gotta sell the dang thing.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Did you adjust the diopter?

Don't forget it's fixed parallax, probably set for 100 yards. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top