Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 2:23:19 PM EDT
as it says i have what i think is a 1903 oberndorf mauser action that im in need of a stock for, i was looking at houge but it looks like thats 98k only, boyds lists a few but nothing that sounds right. dose anyone happen to know if it uses a standard stock or is it something unique
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks mike, mine had the tall guide ive ground it off a while back, right now its got a rhinland .45acp kit on it, i was hopeing to be able to put it in a hogue stock i dont know how easy it would be to trim it being over molded rubber. ight now the plan is to buy a nother conversion kit the new ones have threaded barrels and that is cheaper than having mine threaded, a rugged stock and i would like to remove the ghetto short rail that a local "gunsmith" put on it for me and replace it with a full rail  for a redot
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
hmm after some diggin it looks like boyds actualy makes stocks inletted for the 1903... now to pic a standard or the tacticool black stock they have......
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
it wont have irons on it im thinking just a redot, kinda want to pick up another vortex venom like i have on my scorpion. mabey the standard style stock would fit better for that. the goal is a supressed woods gun so nothing super fancy.
would you happen to have a picture of your 98?
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm ya the other nay end up better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top