Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2017 12:55:29 PM EDT
I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer for this.

I have Streamlight remote switch/door assemblies on all my Streamlights (TLR-1 and TLR-2), and have been using these with Streamlight remote pressure switches. The Streamlight remote pressure switches themselves (ie not the plug end) fit into Tangodown's vertical foregrips for Insight switches.

On my MPX SBR however, I want to mount a pressure switch directly on the handguard (horizontally at either the 3 or 9 o'clock position), and none of Streamlight's switches really work well/were designed for that. TNVC's new TAPS system has Insight and Surefire plugs. I know the Surefire plugs are completely different than Streamlight plugs, but the Insight plug looks the same as Streamlight plugs from pictures on the Internet, and the remote pressure switches (ie, not the plug end) are identical (Streamlight/Insight, since i've been using them for years with the Tangodown VFGs).

Does anyone know if the Streamlight and Insight plugs themselves are identical, or did Streamlight only design the switches to slide into Insight-slotted foregrips, and the plugs are different/proprietary?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Or, put another way, anybody have any suggestions on how to mount a Streamlight-compatible remote switch to a Keymod handguard? The Streamlight remote switch has adapter for Picatinny, not Keymod. Ideally would like whatever switch I use to be as flush as possible with the Keymod handguard.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I used small zip ties on either side and cinched down tied to the keymod sections
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering this too, if anybody knows. From the pics they look extremely similar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top