User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like it's going to be the MSR 10 Hunter from Savage.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MSR10Hunter seems like a hell of a lot of gun for the money, and with a 5R barrel. And only 7.8lb

http://i.imgur.com/cGAD7Mc.png

Just looking for reviews on it, I'm sure it accurate, just curious about the range of factory ammo that it will reliably cycle and if it will eat 7.62x51 or if it must have .308Win.
View Quote

Don't know anything about that rifle. Ammo-wise, however, anything that will shoot .308 Win should be fine with 7.62 NATO. The situation in .308 is pretty much the opposite of the general rule of thumb for .223. That being .223 Remington in a 5.56 NATO should be GTG, but you may not want to do the reverse. Conversely, 7.62 NATO in a .308 Winchester chamber should be fine, but you may not want to do the reverse. AFAIK damn near everything if not actually everything in the caliber that's modern is chambered for .308 Win, so that should never even be an issue in the first place unless you're obtaining an old weapon.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Don't know anything about that rifle. Ammo-wise, however, anything that will shoot .308 Win should be fine with 7.62 NATO. The situation in .308 is pretty much the opposite of the general rule of thumb for .223. That being .223 Remington in a 5.56 NATO should be GTG, but you may not want to do the reverse. Conversely, 7.62 NATO in a .308 Winchester chamber should be fine, but you may not want to do the reverse. AFAIK damn near everything if not actually everything in the caliber that's modern is chambered for .308 Win, so that should never even be an issue in the first place unless you're obtaining an old weapon.
View Quote

The concern was if their would be enough pressure to cycle with 7.62x51, without being over-gassed from a warm .308win load.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The concern was if their would be enough pressure to cycle with 7.62x51, without being over-gassed from a warm .308win load.
View Quote

Granted I've been shooting .308/7.62 for less than a year, but so far I haven't had any issues with 7.62 NATO M80 ball in my .308 with the exception of ZQI. Malfunction rate on Federal, Lake City, Winchester, MEN, and Prvi Partizan is currently still at 0%. ZQI, I think I got a bad batch that was underpowered. I was getting a FTF every 3 to 5 rounds across a range of different magazines. Switching to another manufacturer cleared up FTFs, going back to ZQI brought them back.

Went to the range with ZQI from a different batch about 6 weeks later and it functioned flawlessly, so I'm guessing that was just Turk quality control sucking.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
This

and this

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
This isn't a real concern as both will cycle fine.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#6]
MP5 sbr clone.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top