[#1]
I actually like that a whole lot.

Also I miss snow :(
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If it took double stack mags that would be a pretty cool setup!

Bad part is I have to shoot lefty for my eyes, probably wouldn't work too good for that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it took double stack mags that would be a pretty cool setup!

Bad part is I have to shoot lefty for my eyes, probably wouldn't work too good for that.
View Quote

They will have a deflector for lefties
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
It's all gonna depend on those trigger transfer bars . I have a 995 from Clinton ban days it's accurate reliable and ugly. Trigger isn't great but I'm curious how the trigger feels on this. Looks great time will tell.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  If it took double stack mags that would be a pretty cool setup!

View Quote

Get the .45", put in a ThingMeister mag catch, run 1911 drum mags.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 2:52:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I like it I want it but  they are vaporware until we get reports of them in the hands of arfcommers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#8]
When is it available? Want.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 3:23:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When is it available? Want.
View Quote

First quarter 2017 they said
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You're talking me into this......
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://thingmeister.yolasite.com/products.php

Bottom of page.  $30 shipped.  Buy two - one for the pistol, one for the carbine.  Never hurts to have a fixed bbl .45" that takes 1911 mags lying around, especially when it was $160 out the door.  

These folks know all the ins & outs, including removing the mag safeties & how to polish the triggers up:  http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 2:27:06 AM EDT
[#12]
So...since I cannot find a PC9 anywhere...I may want a hipoint after all if this out in the wild for real.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#13]
You may not need the ThingMeister 1911 mag catch mod since it appears that just the Hi Point 4595 barreled action drops into the High Tower Armory chassis.

Look at the two other pics that High Tower Armory has on their facebook site.

It appears that the ThingMeister mag catch is just for the 4595 stock & JHP pistol.

Better contact High Tower Armory to see if that's the case and if they are making the new chassis to use standard 1911 mags right off. Hopefully that's the case.

I have a HTA 10/90 (10/22) set-up and like it. While I don't have a Hi Point 4595 this HTA cghassis and hopeful use of 1911 mags would be a nice .45 acp PCC.

Thread the 4595 barrel & you're GTG for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You may not need the ThingMeister 1911 mag catch mod since it appears that just the Hi Point 4595 barreled action drops into the High Tower Armory chassis.

Look at the two other pics that High Tower Armory has on their facebook site.

It appears that the ThingMeister mag catch is just for the 4595 stock & JHP pistol.

Better contact High Tower Armory to see if that's the case and if they are making the new chassis to use standard 1911 mags right off. Hopefully that's the case.

I have a HTA 10/90 (10/22) set-up and like it. While I don't have a Hi Point 4595 this HTA cghassis and hopeful use of 1911 mags would be a nice .45 acp PCC.

Thread the 4595 barrel & you're GTG for a suppressor.
View Quote

TMF catch may not work in the HTA BullPup, but modding the 1911 mags (drums included) is dead simple. I went the TMF route in my 4595, it's totally reliable, and the Korean Drum Mags are too ;)  Did not work well in my Kimber Commander, but IMO that was a function of the recoil rock, causing a mild nose down condition about 20% of the time. Simply "blipping" the loading knob caused the Kimber to go into battery every time. Perhaps a JHP (hi point 45 pistol) or full size 1911 would work better, and Thingmeister (the owner of TMF) had about 2 ftf with the drum in his JHP out of the 28. The poster on the GD thread showing why a double stack mag is more than a function of a wider mag well in the stock was SPOT ON, it is the receiver rails being too narrow for approximately 1.5" below the bolt that screws that up.  Darnit!
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Ha!  Hey, Mole.  Good to see ya.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool concept but how much will it cost? I might be interested if the price is right :-) In this day and age of hi cap magazines why does hi point continue to just manufacture single stack magazines limited to 10 rounds?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Cool concept but how much will it cost? I might be interested if the price is right :-) In this day and age of hi cap magazines why does hi point continue to just manufacture single stack magazines limited to 10 rounds?
View Quote
They may be geared for ban states or possibly that these blue states are so hard to get guns back from a legal shoot that they just get something that won'rt put them out of money.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Very cool, how much? I might look at one if it's reasonable and can be used by a left handed shooter.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Very interesting.   I hope it doesn't more-than-double the cost of the gun.  I will be looking forward to learning more.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Would be curious to know if the stock is fixed or adjustable/collapsible. And the overall length vs the stock setup.

It looks great, I like how the upper and lower separate too. The price point is always a factor but if they roll out a 4595 1911 mag version that might help justify the price.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Looking at the angle of the mag well, it appears very Glock like???
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#23]

In to learn more... I could see myself getting this.

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd love to get a price estimate.

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks so much for your interest and eagerness for this kit! It makes us even more excited about it too! Release will be early in 2017 here- tooling takes a long time, even assuming everything works on the first try so we don't have a definitive date. Likewise with price, until we can get exact numbers on quantities, labor involved to make a kit, insurance, etc, etc, we can't nail down a firm price. But just based on what we know about our other products, our ideal target is somewhere between $199 and $249. Hopefully we can make it closer to $199 or less! Thanks so much for the excitement and questions! We really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks!

So not so bad. I'll be staying subscribed to this, hopefully a bump from time to time until we can get actual reviews posted in here hopefully.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  Looking at the angle of the mag well, it appears very Glock like???
View Quote

Don't get yer hopes up.  It's well established that a normal doublestack/singlefeed mag like a Glock won't fit through the underside of the HiPoint receiver w/o cutting metal.  The best we can hope for is a single-feed drum like the 1911 mag one, or a coffin-type mag like the double-stack Makarov mags that were imported.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#28]
With Striker's blessing of course, any interest in a group buy when it will be released and to possibly cut the costs to us?

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I've inquired about a group buy before.  ARFCOM requires they be a sponsor.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:53:29 AM EDT
[#30]
$199 or less I might have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Well thanks to HTA for trying this, I'm certain they're trying to bring this in under the cost of a new 995TS but that's gotta be tough. A $300 accessory on a $300 rifle has to be a hard sell for most.

But this has a lot more engineering than the old ATI stocks.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Don't get yer hopes up.  It's well established that a normal doublestack/singlefeed mag like a Glock won't fit through the underside of the HiPoint receiver w/o cutting metal.  The best we can hope for is a single-feed drum like the 1911 mag one, or a coffin-type mag like the double-stack Makarov mags that were imported.
View Quote

I can almost hear the wind being taken out of my sails as I read this post
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:  I can almost hear the wind being taken out of my sails as I read this post
View Quote

I've already got a Thingmeister mag catch in my pistol, and I have another catch already for the carbine I have yet to get.  I'm thinking it'll be a very inexpensive route into bullpups, and I'll snag a drum for it that will also fit my 1911.  It would be nice if it took Glock mags, but unless you print the stock yourself and Dremel out parts of the receiver, as well as perhaps rebuild the trigger bow, it's not happening.

A .380" bullpup w/ a can, & some Underwood(?) FTX(?) loads would be reasonably effective and rather quiet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top