Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 4:46:48 PM EDT
I'm looking to get my upper reciever cerakoted to match the 805A1, but need some help with the color.
(The lower, stock, etc, will remain black.)

I've seen the A1 primarily in three different colors. I'd love to get some feedback on which one I should go with.
Also, if you have any suggestions on which Cerakote color would most closely match these, I'd appreciate it!

Option 1) Grey

This seemed to be the color found on the earliest releases. Kind of a battleship/Colt grey?

Option 2) "Olive"/Brown

Not sure how to describe this one. In some photos it looks Olive, some seem to have more of a brown hue to it.
This is the color I am most leaning towards right now, if I can find a match for it?

Option 3) FDE

Best I can tell, this is straight up FDE.

Please vote! Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
That "Olive"/Brown color looks killer. Interested to see pics if you're able to copy it OP. I wouldn't mind cerakoting mine the same color.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If I was to custom cerakote my upper I would price out some camo schemes.  Maybe some form of kryptek.

Otherwise where you are at olive but a lighter shade than pictured.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]
FDE is too bright IMHO..
I would go with chocolate brown or Coyote Brown depending on where you live
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That "Olive"/Brown color looks killer. Interested to see pics if you're able to copy it OP. I wouldn't mind cerakoting mine the same color.
View Quote

I sent the picture off to Cerakote to see what color or mix of colors they'd recommend to match. So far no word.
If I don't hear back from them, I'll reach out to some applicators and see what they think.
Of course I'll post pictures whenever it's done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top