Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2016 6:43:55 PM EDT
Hi everyone,

I need to attach a 3.5" muzzle device to a rifle I'm planning on purchasing in order to meet the legal OAL for my
state. I don't want it to exceed this length as much as I can avoid doing so.

I don't want anything fancy, ugly or scary looking. Ideally, a longer version of the standard A2 flashhider, or something
similar in appearance and function.

I've been looking online but don't really know where to look.  Any suggestions? Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:50:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm. I get the feeling that I'm going to have to find a custom shop to machine
for to meet my specs.  While the flaming pig is almost the right size, and could probably be helped with a washer to space out
behind it, I don't like the fact that it has a logo on it.  This will be permanently attached, so I want something
that has a profesional look and performance.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:54:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmm. I get the feeling that I'm going to have to find a custom shop to machine
for to meet my specs.  While the flaming pig is almost the right size, and could probably be helped with a washer to space out
behind it, I don't like the fact that it has a logo on it.  This will be permanently attached, so I want something
that has a profesional look and performance.
View Quote
Have a shop cerakote it or ask Noveske is they have something without it on it. The worst they can tell you is no.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#4]
There are other, generic options to the pig if you look around. They're also much cheaper.

There are lots of compensators out there, but not sure on a flash hider. Why would you even want a 3.5" FH? Why not use the extra barrel length for velocity and use a normal A2 if that's the style you want?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There are other, generic options to the pig if you look around. They're also much cheaper.

There are lots of compensators out there, but not sure on a flash hider. Why would you even want a 3.5" FH? Why not use the extra barrel length for velocity and use a normal A2 if that's the style you want?
View Quote

Unfortunately, the rifle I want does not come in longer barrel lengths, at least not for some time. Thus I am forced to go for a longer muzzle device.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

KAK sells a copy of the pig for a whopping $35, OP could also consider a xm177 moderator copy
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

KAK sells a copy of the pig for a whopping $35, OP could also consider a xm177 moderator copy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is 6061 aluminum. Would that potentially cause problems?

This is what I have found and am considering.

https://www.veriforcetactical.com/product/ar-15-slant-cut-flash-hiding-slim-pig-cone-for-5-56/

The slim pig has an OAL of 3.25" which means I would need to add another .25"
of a washer or spacer to get it to the total OAL for my needs.

Here is the thing. It is made of T6 Aluminum. I'm concerned that aluminum is a bad idea.

I talked to the rep and he said it will have no issues, but I'm still worried.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I've put ALOT of rounds through two of the KAKs with zero problems. No erosion or anything else. I've got a third one on order right now.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Just hit me, the brake on a S&W M&P is 3" long. Have a small spacer made? I had my Mini 14 cut down and a Smith hider pinned and it looks great at 16 1/8".
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.veriforcetactical.com/product/ar-15-slant-cut-flash-hiding-slim-pig-cone-for-5-56/

Here is the thing. It is made of T6 Aluminum. I'm concerned that aluminum is a bad idea.

Any thoughts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any thoughts?

ADCO makes a .25 spacer
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#11]
How is the aluminum fh going to be permanently mounted to the barrel?  Don't they need to be blind pined and the welded?

Quoted:

ADCO makes a .25 spacer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any thoughts?

ADCO makes a .25 spacer

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#12]
http://www.alumaliteusa.com/

Don't know how to make it a hot link but they have some cool brakes.

They do custom too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Nodal spud / NDS makes a Tabuk style flash hider that is 3.6 inches the NDS-50.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Check CNC Warrior.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top