Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2016 8:52:22 PM EDT
Thinking about picking up a Remington 700 AAC-SD. First question, what is the actual curbside weight on one of these things? Remington advertises under 8lbs. But I've heard delivered its actually about 8.4lbs?
Second, one of the few complaints I've heard is that the Hogue stock sometimes will touch the barrel on a bipod or rest. Some people simply change out the stock, but I've seen other person simply sand down the stock. Is there a reason this isn't a cheap easy fix to get it to free float?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Sorry if this isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, but I
think it will be somewhat hard to find someone with a 700 AAC_SD that hasn’t
installed a scope on it yet. Maybe someone that works in a gun shop, or just
bought one might be able to give you what you’re looking for.

But what also might be useful is to know the weight of
others with what they equipped it with. I have the Sister gun, the 20” SPS Tact. Same
gun with 1 in 12 and no threads. It weighs
in at 11lbs. 2oz. It’s equipped with the following;

Burris Fullfield e1 6.5-20x50mm Scope

Burris 1" Xtreme Tactical Low rings

EGW HD Tactical Scope Mount

Magpul hunter 700 Stock with the detachable magazine well (Mag Included in the weight above)

Kinetic Research Group Bolt lift

Magpul M-LOK Bipod Mount

Harris 1A2 Ultralight bipod

As for your question on the Hogue stock, I got rid of it immediately
after I got it. The flex was very prominent, and I doubt any sanding would
help. Then again, I didn’t even try to mess with it, and sold it online.  I ordered the Bell & Carlson Tactical
Medalist Style 2 stock, then sold it online to get the Magpul stock.  I want with the Magpul because I wanted the ability
to feed with a magazine without spending too much money. I for one like the Magpul
stock and I think it’s worth the money.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. Still curious what a bone stock one weighs. What kind of accuracy are you getting out of that set up?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nice. Still curious what a bone stock one weighs. What kind of accuracy are you getting out of that set up?
View Quote
I'm not an expert by any means, and I'm sure the rife will do better.  It likes 168gr. bullets with 43.5gr. of Varget.  We put a 3" ar500 steal target at 300 yards and I'm able to hit it 98% of the time. Just one or too misses, but I'm sure it was me and not the rifle.    

This is at a 100 yards with 168 AMAX and 43.5 Varget

I just saw on this thread, KaProw state he just got one and is waiting on parts, maybe if you IM him, he can tell you his weight before he puts anything on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top