Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2016 2:28:33 PM EDT
How in the heck do I clean the inside of this bolt after getting the firing pin and spring out? I was trying to clean it by putting a little cloth sprayed with gun cleaner on it and that would be a pain in the rear to try to get out. Anyone have any advice on how to get it clean and/or have rigged some sort of tool to make cleaning it easier?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
ultrasonic cleaner.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I just use a cleaning patch on a loop on a cleaning rod.  I fold the cloth over the tip of the loop to get the forward most surface.  A little brake cleaner sprayed in the bolt and allowed to run out firing pin hole followed by compressed air and the bolt is as clean as it can be.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ultrasonic cleaner.
View Quote

Recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Recommendations?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ultrasonic cleaner.

Recommendations?

More than sonic but less than super sonic.

In for recommendations too, I need a brass cleaner and from what i can tell they all get shit reviews.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Lots of Hoppe's on a properly sized neylon brush, followed up with extra long Q-Tips (Brownells), and pipe cleaners.  Scrub well, allow 10 or 15 minutes "cook" time, then immerse in hot, soapy water, and scrub again.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Ultrasonic.

I think at the heart, even the smaller, ceaper ones will work.

When I bought a tumbler, I avoided Hornady and Friends products. They all just import stuff and the chinese parts burn out in no time. So I do recommend spending some extra to avoid the chinese junk. Save you having to pay shipping back to the seller, etc. Or buy form someone who backs their stuff 110%.

Otherwise, I'd soak in kerosene or mineral spirits. If it was a really good gun, I'd pay a local, good smith to do it. ($20 maybe?)
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In for recommendations too, I need a brass cleaner and from what i can tell they all get shit reviews.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
ultrasonic cleaner.

Recommendations?

I run the big one from Harbor Freight, which is the same model most of these other companies are using, just slapping their stickers on the front. I've owned it now for 5 years, use it all the damn time, and has had no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top