Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2016 4:40:36 PM EDT
Well, almost anyway . I'm buying one more lower to replace the one I'm SBRing for an 11.5 upper and then I'm done. I'm stocked up on mags so all that's left is to continue stocking up on ammo. I'm going to miss playing with new parts
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
At this point its hard to imagine getting yet another AR for me as well.

Pretty much have all I could ever need/want. Sure there are always those truly beautiful guns that make me pause but I doubt I'll be getting any time soon.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, bye, Trogdor!
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a 10.5" Mk18 Mod 0 inspired SBR, an 11.5 upper with a 3x9 optic and a complete 14.5 pinned to 16 build with irons only. The pinned 14.5 will end up with a PRO later. Overall I'm happy with what I have and really have no desire to fill a safe with ARs.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, bye, Trogdor!
View Quote

I'm not done with ARFCOM, just building ARs, for now
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I have plenty as well.  They are cheap now but I'd rather buy ammo/components than another rifle.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm kinda bored with AR's after playing with a million different configurations.  Buying ammo, as always, but looking for some other guns for fun.  AR's are still the go to, but just looking to have some fun with other guns I've always wanted to own/shoot now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm good on rifles and mags, concentrating on fortifying the ammo fort right now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I have done all I want to with ARs except maybe a 12.5. I thought about trying one in place of my 14.5 do it all rifle.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
You'll be back! They always come back!
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

LOL yup....I thought I was done....then 80%'s happened
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At this point its hard to imagine getting yet another AR for me as well.

Pretty much have all I could ever need/want. Sure there are always those truly beautiful guns that make me pause but I doubt I'll be getting any time soon.
View Quote

Well, I have all I need.  What I want is a 16A1 clone, a 16A4 clone, a M4A1 Block II clone, an XM177E2 clone...
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I've got a 10.5" Mk18 Mod 0 inspired SBR, an 11.5 upper with a 3x9 optic and a complete 14.5 pinned to 16 build with irons only. The pinned 14.5 will end up with a PRO later. Overall I'm happy with what I have and really have no desire to fill a safe with ARs.
View Quote
2 sbr and a 14.5 does not a collection make. Where is the 18" rifle gas SPR, the Clones, the 20 A2, the 20-24" grendel, the AR10 etc etc.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been rebuilding my FAL collection, so I don't see any more AR's than the two I have. I see no reason to get rid of them, though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I hear you, but I don't.

My first AR was an SR15. My 7th was a 20" BCM.

I'm still going to get a 20" LaRue, then I'm good.

If I could do it all over, I'd go SR15, LaRue, then one billion rounds.

Nothing else sees legit range time.

I really like my 20" BCM, I just need to see what the hype (and results) are all about with LaRue.

I also wouldn't have built a pistol. Cool, not that cool. My two cents.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
2 sbr and a 14.5 does not a collection make. Where is the 18" rifle gas SPR, the Clones, the 20 A2, the 20-24" grendel, the AR10 etc etc.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 20" A2 is on the list. I'll be building more later, right now I need to stock up on ammo so I can shoot the ones I have.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm done too.

Just bought a MP5 .22 today to have some fun with.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'm kinda bored with AR's after playing with a million different configurations.  Buying ammo, as always, but looking for some other guns for fun.  AR's are still the go to, but just looking to have some fun with other guns I've always wanted to own/shoot now.
View Quote

Be careful about getting in to the precision/distance rig game...that is a ticket to the poorhouse.  Saw a distance rig at the range the other day that retained only one part of the (pre-Freedom) Rem 700 that it was based on (the receiver), and with NF glass it pushed 7 large.  But it was a fucking awesome rifle...
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought I was done too. I've got three more builds left in me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm kind of bored with black rifles in general. I'll keep a couple of lowers around no matter what, but CA just kills all the fun anyway.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I also feel that way. I just finished up a build and haven't figured out what optics I want. I already jumped to a 10-22 build.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#21]
quitter

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
quitter

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/taylorwso/media/20151129_083539_zpse9nzeaex.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/taylorwso/20151129_083539_zpse9nzeaex.jpg</a>
View Quote

Serious question. Do you open the door to your vault and rack your brain for an hour or two trying to figure out which ones to shoot that day?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#23]
whaddya gonna do? go spend more money than you would on AR for AK?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#24]
One does not simply stop buying AR's.
Youll be back.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Serious question. Do you open the door to your vault and rack your brain for an hour or two trying to figure out which ones to shoot that day?
View Quote

I know which one I want to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm done too.

I've been shooting and building AR's since I was 18 and it's getting repetitive. Sold/selling all the parts I had around for a new build - keeping the spare parts I had stacked up to keep by 2 AR-15's running.

Moving onto the SCAR 16 or 17.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Me too.

Have:
Pistol
Firearm
Rifle (all 5.56)
Dedicated 22lr
Form 1 pending for a 9mm SBR. A 4.5" 22lr upper to go with that would be nice, too.

That's the plan, anyway
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I now have 5 complete ARs and one upper I need to build another lower for at some point and I am done.

Always wanted a carbine with mid length gas, now I have one always wanted at least one with 1/7 barrel, now I have 2 and I see what the hype is.

I have a 6.8 barrel, doubt I ever build it up though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Youll be back.

Yall' no reading bastarsd

I'm not done for good, just for now. I can continue to build ARs OR buy ammo, not both. So, I'm going to concentrate on building my ammo fort.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew a guy who said the same thing. Five 80%'s later, he's still going strong.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I'm not done for good, just for now. I can continue to build ARs OR buy ammo, not both. So, I'm going to concentrate on building my ammo fort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Youll be back.

Trogdor powers combine!

I'm going ammo as well. I know I'll shoot it.

Ammo is awesome. I did a thought experiment a few months ago.

What am I gaining by building more ARs? Fun, awesomeness, adding to the collection, etc.

What am I gaining by putting that ammo to range time? Doing what I love to do. Shoot.

Shooting more won for me. More rounds, more often.

(And mag dumps.)

I am a sucker for mag dumps. Especially on the AR15 platform. It's not tactical, or easily translated to self defense, but man, is it fun.

Precision shooting is fun, drills are fun, but nothing puts a smile on my face more than an old fashioned mag dump.

If I ever came into a billion dollars, I'd weep for my marksmanship. I think I'd get a whole bunch of MGs and run them ragged with wanton abandon.

Thankfully, my budget keeps my marksmanship on point, my range sessions reasonable, and an emphasis on accuracy. (Most of the time.)
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I got a new 10/22 as a host for my suppressor and 5K rounds of subsonic 22LR.  I doubt I will shoot my AR's much.

If a new panic starts I will be selling 2 AR's for sure.  I don't need to make money but I don't want to lose it either.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I knew a guy who said the same thing. Five 80%'s later, he's still going strong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

....yeah....I'm WELL beyond that at this point.  The fruity ghost thread got me back into AR's, then that turned into 80%'s....now I'm back .
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#34]
As soon as I have a decent amount of ammo (maybe sooner ) I want to get a Laure MBT trigger. After shooting with one a while back at a get together I was sold.

Later on I really want to do a CZ Scorpion SBR, possible suppressed. I also have a Remington 700 308 that needs a good mil-dot scope. Then there's the CZ P-09 FDE I've been lusting after. This shit never ends
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:57:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Since sbring a few it has ruined me all i really care about is short barrels.  
Seriously thinking about sending off 3 uppers and having them chopped as selling them now would equate to giving them away.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#36]
im at a point where i dont even know how many ar pattern guns i own
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Only thing that's getting me back in is a Hodge Defense AU MOD2 aluminum lithium rifle. Run of the mill is getting boring and repetitive
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
quitter

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/taylorwso/media/20151129_083539_zpse9nzeaex.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e303/taylorwso/20151129_083539_zpse9nzeaex.jpg</a>

no i have my favorites, many of them are stored in bulk/lts
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Youll be back.
View Quote

True.

Over the last 20 years I've cleared out & sold off all of my ARs - twice.

I found a deal on a 6920 earlier this year that I couldn't pass up... I'm back
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I have two.  A Rock River National Match rig and an M-4 clone.  I can't remember the last time I shot the Rock, probably Perry in 2010.  The M-4 gets out once a year, maybe twice.  I just like other stuff more.  I'd sell the Rock but the market for a NM A2 is about zero.

Had AR's since 1997 or so.  I like them well enough but seem to play with other things more.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have two.  A Rock River National Match rig and an M-4 clone.  I can't remember the last time I shot the Rock, probably Perry in 2010.  The M-4 gets out once a year, maybe twice.  I just like other stuff more.  I'd sell the Rock but the market for a NM A2 is about zero.

Had AR's since 1997 or so.  I like them well enough but seem to play with other things more.
View Quote

I still love shooting AR's (about to here in a few minutes) so I need to spend money on ammo instead of moar AR's.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Funny you say that.....I'm in the market.  PM sent
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I still love shooting AR's (about to here in a few minutes) so I need to spend money on ammo instead of moar AR's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. One of these years I need to do just that.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#44]
I have one AR, a bone stock 6920

I never saw the point of owning multiples of the same gun when I could use the money to buy a variety
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#45]
My stable is missing a lot - you may build more and send them to me!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I got out of the AR game, sold off all EBRs, pretty much all my guns in fact. Reinvested in parts kits. Now I have about 20 subgun and machine gun kits to build. The really cool stuff out there I am finding you have to build yourself (well its way way cheaper that way at least). Everything else on the market (especially domestically produced) will be available for decades to come. The kit market is drying up fast. Want a thompson, ppsh, pkm, rpd? better hurry up. MG42s, Brens, Sterlings, Uzis, etc those are cheap as shit to buy and build and people will be kicking themselves for not buying those by the pallet. Have 30 Cz26 kits just stashed away because they are so dirty cheap (5 mags + kit for $30 ).
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Seriously thinking about sending off 3 uppers and having them chopped as selling them now would equate to giving them away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

so wait 5 months
Quoted:
im at a point where i dont even know how many ar pattern guns i own

me too. somewhere north of a dozen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top