User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been toying with the idea of SBRing one of the 805 pistols. Quite a few well under 1500.00 on GB.

The only thing I hate about them is the huge WARNING, read your manual blah blah gayness engraved on the side. WTF CZ?

View Quote

I thought it looked better than the Ruger bill board... Actually I had to go back and look at my own rifle, hadn't noticed it in all the excitement.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sweet new rifle OP.  I just watched one of MAC's reviews one it and really want one.  I have more wants than money.
View Quote

That's my problem.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Grats on the new 805! It would take a lot more money than I have to buy one, but there is a magic number out there.

The 806 and any gen >1 on guns these days seems to be the way to go. It's too bad CZ overlooked (or whatever happened) such obvious stuff, but they're moving a mile a minute these days. Sig is a lot more guilt than CZ at this though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#4]
CZ has a lot of things waiting in the wings, from the tiny hints I have been given..
I did get the BREN 805 out to a private range yesterday morning. It's VERY close, (me likee that!), and the owner wants me to help hunt coyotes...very VERY cool! This is the firing line as it is right now, but it's being improved on all the time. Also, big trap and skeet range just off to the right.

I was shooting ammo providied by the firearms instructor who got me the invite to this nice place, and it was generic no-name 55gr stuff. So, using this on a paced off 100 PACED distance, not 100 YARDS,  (probably closer to 92 yards with a 33 inch pace), kneeling on some cardboard, on about 3 hours of sleep...if I missed a potential excuse, let me know.

Seriously, this thing worked like an absolute charm. Both the other shooters, (owner and the instructor), tried the BREN, both commented on how incredible the trigger is and both said they would love to have one. :) I call that a good morning.
Accuracy didn't do MUCH for me, but that was using the Troy BUIS, (I don't have any optic for it yet), so it MIGHT be acceptable for a beginning. I bought some Hornaday 55gr SP bullets to start with, and I'm going to find a load that makes this Czech girl purr like a kitten.

Funny target - shot with BREN and my well broken in Scorpion. I thought that was nifty.

Shows how well a hand load can do with a well known firearm. Also, the optic is much more precise than iron sights. Just a Bushnell TRS-25, but it's a pretty darn good optic for the price.

No video yet, but the owner of this super secret nameless facility has invited me back and I will take the real camera for some video work.
For those who want to laugh at my shooting abilities,s go right ahead, I don't mind. I will never be a great rifleman, and I know it. But MAN this rifle is FUN!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Test loads with H-335 and IMR 3031 have been built, hopefully test tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Back Up Iron Sights are nice, but they just aren't precise enough for me. Got my friend out on the line and she shot the BREN. She liked the trigger and the light recoil, but the noise got her under the tin roof.

Targets at 50 yards.

All targets shot this way.

I tried three different handloads, didn't have a whole lot of time or ammo, and the little old ladies shooting to the left took up some time when I helped clear a jam on their Taurus 22 pistol - it's dead, back to the factory. But, back to the rifle, groups were nothing to write home about, but I think I'm getting to something, early stages of testing.

That looks weird because it is two groups, with the red line dividing. I saw she was shooting high so I dropped POA.

This was the next load with IMR 3031. Ten rounds. That ain't too bad.

Classic load here. Not as nice as I'd hoped for.

Experimenting continues!

Yes, I know I suck. I'm honest about it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow. This thread went to crap - fast.

Do not want an 805, not at all. But like reading the commentary on it. One day I'll buy an 806 if that day comes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
CZ has a lot of things waiting in the wings, from the tiny hints I have been given..
View Quote

I wonder what the reason is for "waiting" at all. Are they held up in customs? Are they waiting for the next panic so they can sell at elevated prices?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Why not wait for this...

"The company also announced the CZ 807 carbine they developed for the Indian military. This multicaliber version of the BREN can be converted to fire either 5.56 mm or 7.62x39mm"

Anyways I'll take them all! 805,806,807,808....be a great collection! Love the Bren!

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:43:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wow. This thread went to crap - fast.

Do not want an 805, not at all. But like reading the commentary on it. One day I'll buy an 806 if that day comes.
View Quote

What do you mean? Because it's not a tack driving match rifle? It's not meant to be.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top