BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I swapped the mag well to the kit from CZ with the original mags as I just like oddball shit better than standard stuff. Was very easy to do. You have to drill the pin holes though as for whatever reason CZ doesn't do that.

<a href="http://s53.photobucket.com/user/byoung93888/media/DSCF4023_zpsea1yycmf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/byoung93888/DSCF4023_zpsea1yycmf.jpg</a>
View Quote

5 mags and the magwell for $150 is a pretty damn good deal.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The holes are not there at all. The magwell  isn't drilled. It is a single pin that goes through the magwell and the lower. You have to drill the magwell . I just halfass measured and eyeballed it and used a small manual handdrill, was no problem but not sure why CZ doesnt drill them.
View Quote

Ok, thanks!  what size bit did you use?

Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The holes are not there at all. The magwell  isn't drilled. It is a single pin that goes through the magwell and the lower. You have to drill the magwell . I just halfass measured and eyeballed it and used a small manual handdrill, was no problem but not sure why CZ doesnt drill them.
View Quote

OK, thanks!  What size bit did you use?

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sweet! I didn't get a chance to try the LEO version, like Military Arms Channel did, (lucky dogs), but the trigger on the regular example is smoother than I ever expected a stock milspec trigger to ever be.

Which stock was it - the same folder I have? Please allow me to post some detailed photos so you can see if it's the same one. It LOOKS a lot like an AR style collapsing stock made into a folder.

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20left%20side%20open_zpst7bajb2t.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20left%20side%20open_zpst7bajb2t.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20right%20side%20open._zpsslskgs3a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20right%20side%20open._zpsslskgs3a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20folded_zpsicpdfgye.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20folded_zpsicpdfgye.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20hinge%20detail_zps0urhxjyt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20hinge%20detail_zps0urhxjyt.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just shot an 805 post sample at a local range.

On two shot burst it was amazingly smooth and grouped very nicely. I think a binary trigger would fit this gun very nicely.

Stock did seem a little wobbly and a smigeon over complicated. Other than that I think I am in lust.

Sweet! I didn't get a chance to try the LEO version, like Military Arms Channel did, (lucky dogs), but the trigger on the regular example is smoother than I ever expected a stock milspec trigger to ever be.

Which stock was it - the same folder I have? Please allow me to post some detailed photos so you can see if it's the same one. It LOOKS a lot like an AR style collapsing stock made into a folder.

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20left%20side%20open_zpst7bajb2t.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20left%20side%20open_zpst7bajb2t.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20right%20side%20open._zpsslskgs3a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20right%20side%20open._zpsslskgs3a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20folded_zpsicpdfgye.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20folded_zpsicpdfgye.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/user/armoredman/media/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20hinge%20detail_zps0urhxjyt.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZ%20BREN%20805/BREN%20stock%20hinge%20detail_zps0urhxjyt.jpg</a>

Sorry I vanished, been busy with some projects and a potentialy serious family issue.

Stock definitely looks the same. Though it was black not FDE. Took a good long look at it before I shouldered the gun. Sorry I don't have any pictures of me shooting the thing. I don't usually take pics at indoor ranges for a variety of reasons. Definitely looks like a derivative of an AR stock alright.

That trigger is way nicer than I expected. Really felt like a knockoff of a Geissle two stage.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, that was several months ago and I just don't remember what size it was, not even sure I looked at the size of the bit. I knocked the pin out and just picked a bit that was slightly smaller or close to the same size as I didn't want the hole too large for the pin to work. I also compared it with the factory holes in the lower.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#6]
fustercluck (or whomever) are these CZ mags truly proprietary or are they "well it's not a G36 mag but don't tell your G36 that..."

I like the G36 mags (and the paddle release) and while i don't need any more toys...this would be a cool freakin' toy...
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
fustercluck (or whomever) are these CZ mags truly proprietary or are they "well it's not a G36 mag but don't tell your G36 that..."

I like the G36 mags (and the paddle release) and while i don't need any more toys...this would be a cool freakin' toy...
View Quote

They are truly proprietary, made from the ground up for the 805 Bren.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, that stock looks to work just like an ak stock. I wonder if the block is the same size? That would be cool if you could put a triangle stock on it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:09:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have no idea, haven't had an AK in YEARS. I can say the BREN is an absolute joy to shoot.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd  like to see an ACR stock adapter. The factory stock looks horrible.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd  like to see an ACR stock adapter. The factory stock looks horrible.
View Quote

Factory stock is good no worries...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Why don't they import the new stock version for the new bren? It looks way better
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why don't they import the new stock version for the new bren? It looks way better
View Quote

You talking about the retractable/folder with removable cheek rest? that is the current stock they ship on the carbines... are you thinking of a different one?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I think he might be referring to the almost waffle design of the folder for the BREN 806. That rifle isn't even in the dream line for import to the US right now, sorry.
I do have to say, with direct experience, I have no issues with the stock. It locks in place firmly, feels comfortable, and the cheek rest swaps right to left with ease. I lack the years of experience found here with most military style folding stocks - last one I had was a Zahal poly joint folding stock with cheek riser for my vz-58. That one was OK. The BREN stock stock, (sounds goofy, doesn't it?), to me, is just fine. Your mileage, of course, may vary.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:35:23 AM EDT
[#15]
How many different magazines have people used with their BRENs? Mine came with two D&H Tactical 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 2:06:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I almost exclusively use Lancers in all my 5.56 guns.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think he might be referring to the almost waffle design of the folder for the BREN 806. That rifle isn't even in the dream line for import to the US right now, sorry.
I do have to say, with direct experience, I have no issues with the stock. It locks in place firmly, feels comfortable, and the cheek rest swaps right to left with ease. I lack the years of experience found here with most military style folding stocks - last one I had was a Zahal poly joint folding stock with cheek riser for my vz-58. That one was OK. The BREN stock stock, (sounds goofy, doesn't it?), to me, is just fine. Your mileage, of course, may vary.
View Quote

I'm not Trying to blow anyone's mind but the stock for the 806 has the same hinge so it could be imported as a kit and used with the 805.. It just seems better to me being one peice. Also, if the upper is serialized, they maybe could import just the 806 lower to work with the 805 upper, maybe with slight modification from cz. You can import that kind of stuff much easier even if the 806 isn't approved yet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm not Trying to blow anyone's mind but the stock for the 806 has the same hinge so it could be imported as a kit and used with the 805.. It just seems better to me being one peice. Also, if the upper is serialized, they maybe could import just the 806 lower to work with the 805 upper, maybe with slight modification from cz. You can import that kind of stuff much easier even if the 806 isn't approved yet.
View Quote

There's more to the 806 than the trigger housing and stock; the receiver and its associated parts have seen some extensive modifications to reduce weight and alter or add features.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes I know that, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be done either. That why I said "might" about the lower reciever. However, I think the stock would work pretty easily from what can see.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#20]
It certainly can't hurt to look into it. Had more fun with the BREN today, but none of my first handloads showed any serious promise. 1 in 7 twist barrel, so maybe some 62 grainers might be a better idea.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sorry, that was several months ago and I just don't remember what size it was, not even sure I looked at the size of the bit. I knocked the pin out and just picked a bit that was slightly smaller or close to the same size as I didn't want the hole too large for the pin to work. I also compared it with the factory holes in the lower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, got my original Bren mag well and mags in today! I do not see any reason to drill the hole in the new mag housing. Knocked the pin out of the AR housing and now both housings just clip in and off for an easy change out.  I tried pulling on the housing to see if it would move when installed on the rifle and it does not. So why they pinned the AR mag well I'm not sure, unless it was a goofy ATF requirement for import. Anyways question for you...did you notice your Bren mags are little hard to remove when clipped in your gun? Mine seems to be stiff, looks like that little plastic notched tab on the back of the mags could use some 200 grit sanding a tad. I can push in on the flapper mag release but still need to nudge the mag forward to get it to clear the latch to drop/pull out. Other than that they lock in fine and seem secure. It's a very nice looking setup! Very G36ish style!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I started not to drill mine either but looked at some pics of military 805s online and they had the pin so I drilled it. Yes my mags require a slight pull forward to remove them, I assumed that was normal as everything functions fine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I started not to drill mine either but looked at some pics of military 805s online and they had the pin so I drilled it. Yes my mags require a slight pull forward to remove them, I assumed that was normal as everything functions fine.
View Quote

Roger that...
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#24]
There is a guy that's going to make the ACR stock adapter, that's the look I've been wanting.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you provide a little more information about this? Does the magwell come ready to assemble onto the trigger housing? Does it need to be drilled to install? What exact part or area "needs" drilling? Some pictures could help clear up this issue.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#26]
On your factory stanag magwell on your Bren PS1 there is a pin you have to knock out before you can slide the magwell off the lower. The pin goes through both sides of the magwell and the lower. The new magwell does not have the hole for the pin drilled so if you want to reinstall the factory pin you have to drill the hole through the new magwell.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Also, most pictures do show the pin. But I did see some military 805 pictures that did not have the pin on the original housing. I don't believe it's needed and it does make changing from AR type to Bren type housings a breeze. Choice is yours. There must be a reason why CZ decided to not drill these housings. I think its just not needed now for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:22:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Has anyone tried adding a suppressor mount to their Bren yet? I came across some postings over in the Griffin Armament section in the Industry forum showing that the threads are a bit long on these. I'm curious if it is easier to get the 14x1 thread pattern version, add an adapter then the mount or get the 1/2x28 version and have it cut down to add the mount. Or option C, just get the 1/2x28 and add my mount. For reference, I'm looking at getting this but would want to add an AAC 51t mount.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried adding a suppressor mount to their Bren yet? I came across some postings over in the Griffin Armament section in the Industry forum showing that the threads are a bit long on these. I'm curious if it is easier to get the 14x1 thread pattern version, add an adapter then the mount or get the 1/2x28 version and have it cut down to add the mount. Or option C, just get the 1/2x28 and add my mount. For reference, I'm looking at getting this but would want to add an AAC 51t mount.

Thanks!
View Quote

If you read my thread in the Griffin forum, you'll see no matter what thread pitch you get there's modification needed. The threads are just to long so you have 3 options to get it suppressor ready. You can either cut the barrel down and use a 14x1 mount, have the threads cut down to .5x28, or in my case I'm making a threaded sleeve that butts up to the piston assembly to give me a shoulder for my 14x1 mount.

You can see that thread is very informational because the Griffin guys were trying to work with me to figure out the best way to do it. The way I'm doing it the barrel will not be modified, so if it doesn't work I can modify the barrel as a last ditch effort. I'll keep that thread updated with the process and provide lots of pics when it's done.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks! That was helpful and I'm looking forward to your update. I'm still on the fence between this and the MCX to squeeze in one more sbr project. It seems like Adco should be able to cut the threads down so I can add my mount.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Thanks! That was helpful and I'm looking forward to your update. I'm still on the fence between this and the MCX to squeeze in one more sbr project. It seems like Adco should be able to cut the threads down so I can add my mount.

View Quote

I'm also trying to get a MCX, I think the Bren is just something different compared to the AR style guns. The plus side to the Bren is it's super slick feel as far as charging goes and recoil.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#32]
You could probably use an AAC flash hider or Brakeout 2 mount on the 1/2x28 version without shortening the barrel at all.  On other guns with barrels that either don't have a shoulder to seat the mount against or have longer threads like these 805 pistols, AAC has recommended that it can seat on the muzzle face as long as it's square. I say either flash hider or Brakeout 2 mount because those wouldn't need to be timed.  If it's a regular brake, you need to time it with shims which will require a shoulder to seat against.

If I had the 805 version with 1/2x28 threads, I'd probably put a flash hider mount on and seat it against the muzzle face.  Then carefully check the bore alignment with the can mounted.

Even if you shorten the barrel, there isn't a proper shoulder back there to seat on so you'll likely need to do something besides cutting it down...something else to keep in mind.

This is just, like, my opinion, man.

ETA:  I saw pics of an 805 pistol with M14x1 threads that had been shortened and threaded to 1/2x28.  It looked good, though I've also heard that going from M14x1 down to 1/2x28 isn't possible to do correctly.  I'm not a machinist, so I can't say...but the pics I saw looked like normal 1/2x28 muzzle threads.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also, most pictures do show the pin. But I did see some military 805 pictures that did not have the pin on the original housing. I don't believe it's needed and it does make changing from AR type to Bren type housings a breeze. Choice is yours. There must be a reason why CZ decided to not drill these housings. I think is just is not needed now for whatever reason.
View Quote

Can you provide pictures showing both the stanag and czech mag wells, the pin's area, and the czech magwell installed with and without the pin? I'm still trying to wrap my head around why you say it may not be needed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Can you provide pictures showing both the stanag and czech mag wells, the pin's area, and the czech magwell installed with and without the pin? I'm still trying to wrap my head around why you say it may not be needed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also, most pictures do show the pin. But I did see some military 805 pictures that did not have the pin on the original housing. I don't believe it's needed and it does make changing from AR type to Bren type housings a breeze. Choice is yours. There must be a reason why CZ decided to not drill these housings. I think is just is not needed now for whatever reason.

Sorry, never been good at posting pictures on this site. But the only thing that I can see the pin doing is keeping it from being easy to swap out magwells. Although knocking a long pin out every time is not that big of deal...but still why mess with it is my thought plus having to drill a hole for it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Sorry, never been good at posting pictures on this site. But the only thing that I can see the pin doing is keeping it from being easy to swap out magwells. Although knocking a long pin out every time is not that big of deal...but still why mess with it is my thought plus having to drill a hole for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not having an 805 of my own but spending quite a lot of time looking at photos and schematics and reading anecdotal experiences, my best educated guess is the mag well is pinned to keep soldiers from taking it apart and losing it, or somehow mis-installing it to cause reliability issues. It's probably not intended to be a field-swappable component.  Pinning a component that doesn't absolutely require it is usually a sign of "don't mess with this" from above.  Turning your fancy 805 carbine into the world's most tactical single-load is probably not a fun experience for anyone.

Be interesting to see if the G36 mag well ever turns up. It was a design feature given the prevalence of the G36 in Euro arsenals but I haven't found an example of it in the various markets yet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I was all set for an 805 pistol, but I'm glad I stopped in here. Would be suppressing with a Socom RC2, but seems ridiculous to then have it sent out for machine work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Where did all the Bren 805 go? Looking on GB and there is only about 4-5 pistols listed that's it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Where did all the Bren 805 go? Looking on GB and there is only about 4-5 pistols listed that's it.
View Quote

It's a great gun at a good price, best to get one now instead of trying to get one after the election.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#39]
What's all this talk about the threading not being friendly to suppressors? I just installed a saker brake yesterday. Am i going to send my can flying downrange now?
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What's all this talk about the threading not being friendly to suppressors? I just installed a saker brake yesterday. Am i going to send my can flying downrange now?
View Quote

Do you have a pistol or a rifle? The pistol has to long a thread to install a muzzle device correctly.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do you have a pistol or a rifle? The pistol has to long a thread to install a muzzle device correctly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 2016 pistol version. I took off the brake and put on an AAC flash hider instead. AAC recommended the flash hider on the tavor due to its long threads, so I figure it should be fine on the bren if it has the same issue. Plus I would feel less bad sending my aac can downrange compared to the saker.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Sven, that is SWEET! Are you going to offer in FDE some day? How many different positions can the stock lock in?

Picked up some MFT mags and bare bones basic Magpul fore grip today...the accessorizing begins. Optic is en route.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The 2016 pistol version. I took off the brake and put on an AAC flash hider instead. AAC recommended the flash hider on the tavor due to its long threads, so I figure it should be fine on the bren if it has the same issue. Plus I would feel less bad sending my aac can downrange compared to the saker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So with the 2016 pistol version are they still using a jam nut? That's the problem the 2015 version had, my barrel is with my machinist now, he's making a threaded collar for my MD to butt up against.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#46]
AAC has said to seat the mount on the muzzle face if the threads are too long or there is no shoulder,  which is fine as long as the face is square and you don't need to time the mount.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
AAC has said to seat the mount on the muzzle face if the threads are too long or there is no shoulder,  which is fine as long as the face is square and you don't need to time the mount.
View Quote

Ok that makes sense.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

If you thought Brens were hard to get now, wait until our new parts launch  

These are some quick shots I toook with my Iphone while our in house photo and graphics people were using the fancy setup with a green screen background for their work.

Manticore M-LOK Forend and Slider Stock.   Froend should be roughly 8 weeks out, the stock we aren't sure yet, likely mid summer.  More details at NRA 2016

Sven

Manticore Arms

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/IMG_6985.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/IMG_6986.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/IMG_6988.jpg

View Quote

Yaaassssss

Love it.

Think you guys could bevel or round off the front of the forward-most metal piece?  There's a lot of movement of the hand there charging the handle, and the flat front with sharp corners looks less than inviting.

It's a very small point, but it did sort of stick out.

And color matching.  

Killer design.  Didn't see it comin.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#49]
If sven is still taking ideas for bren upgrades I would like captive pins for the lower and maybe a new selector switch? I'm guessing those kind of parts are just too small to redesign though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:27:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Slider Stock.

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/IMG_6985.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/IMG_6985.jpg</a>
View Quote

The neck weld on this looks absurd; even the old/scorpion low profile irons would be too high with this stock.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top