BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah but 14x1 lh isn't that bad of a threading. It's what ak's use after all so there are a lot of muzzle devices for that pitch. The wonky shoulder is kind of annoying, but people have figured out ways around it. A used 2015 model is a good option if you're trying to save some $ and aren't concerned with changing the muzzle device.
View Quote
Ya, is be all over that. Griffin and Dead Air make 14mm mounts so fuck it. Pretty sure SiCO does too
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Is $1500 for a mint FDE one worth buying?

A couple more questions (forgive me this is a new platform to me):

1.) is the barrel chrome lined?

2.) how are they suppressed?

3.) anyone shoot wolf out of it? I've got a metric shit ton of steel case. It's preferable for drills / shooting in the pits at my range as I use a magnet for cleanup.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is $1500 for a mint FDE one worth buying?

A couple more questions (forgive me this is a new platform to me):

1.) is the barrel chrome lined?

2.) how are they suppressed?

3.) anyone shoot wolf out of it? I've got a metric shit ton of steel case. It's preferable for drills / shooting in the pits at my range as I use a magnet for cleanup.
View Quote
$1500 is about average for the FDE rifle.

1) Barrel is CHF and chrome-lined.

2) They work fine, bit overgassed, but I don't recall if the newer models have a specific suppressed gas setting. Older ones only have a normal and adverse setting, IIRC.

3) Wolf/Tula steel cased works in the rifles and pistols that I've handled. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

2) They work fine, bit overgassed, but I don't recall if the newer models have a specific suppressed gas setting. Older ones only have a normal and adverse setting, IIRC.

3) Wolf/Tula steel cased works in the rifles and pistols that I've handled. YMMV.
View Quote
Ive shot thousands of rounds almost all suppressed through mine  and it is not over gassed by any means. And it's a 2015 SBR  with 9 inch barrel. So I'm not sure where your getting the over gassed from. An AR15 is over gassed. The Bren is far from it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#5]
It has an adjustable gas block, does it not?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It has an adjustable gas block, does it not?
View Quote
Not really, it has two settings normal and adverse. There is no setting for suppressed, I'm going to work with my gunsmith to add a suppressed setting to the gas regulator.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#7]
...and has anyone located 922r kits for the Brens? I've had a pistol SBR'd for 6 months...and still no rounds down range.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ive shot thousands of rounds almost all suppressed through mine  and it is not over gassed by any means. And it's a 2015 SBR  with 9 inch barrel. So I'm not sure where your getting the over gassed from. An AR15 is over gassed. The Bren is far from it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over-gassed in that it works nominally without the suppressor.

Adding one increases the cyclic rate a little. Not as badly as on an AR15, and it varies from rifle to rifle, pistol to pistol, suppressor to suppressor. The rifle I handled with an NT4 was noticeably over-gassed when you shot it with and without, I could feel a difference in how sharply the recoil was from the change in BCG velocity. Again, not as badly as an AR15 since you don't get any gas to the face and the gun still runs cool.(Aside from the rails )
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...and has anyone located 922r kits for the Brens? I've had a pistol SBR'd for 6 months...and still no rounds down range.
View Quote
I got a back in stock notification at 5:15pm.  By the time I checked the website an hour later, it said sold out.

For supplying 922r parts, CZ is worthless.  I've had my tax stamp for a year and no 922 parts.

I didn't even get a magazine when I bought the gun.  I let them know and they never shipped any.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Arm braces will be launching soon for the Bren 805 pistols- we are getting the mounting blocks assembled and then they ship to SB Tactical for final assembly.   I would expect you to see them out on the market in the next 45-60 days or so.

You will also see Bren 805 kunruled charging handles, improved safeties, and M-Lok lower forends popping up on the Manticore webstore in the next 15-45 days depending on the item.  All of them are in production right now with chips flying.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Cue the schoolgirl squealing.

Secondly... Can we get a picture of the mount? Always love seeing the stuff y'all design.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone make a mrex style extended rail for the Bren?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Couple questions for you guys.A: Does anyone have a spare retro magwell laying around? B: Looking at the side rails on CZ's webstore, does it come with 1x or 2x rails for 69.00? The description doesn't specify?
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got my CZ bren a couple days ago. I have to say, this thing is amazingly built like everybody says. I just put a FDE AFG2 on it and this thing is perfect for the bren. My left thumb rests right on the smooth left rail panel and it feels very controllable. I'm dying to get out and shoot this thing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Is there any room for some sort of heat shield on the bren? between the barrel and the receiver? I keep reading reviews about how hot the bren gets...
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is there any room for some sort of heat shield on the bren? between the barrel and the receiver? I keep reading reviews about how hot the bren gets...
View Quote
I think the problem is that the upper receiver, for all intents and purposes, is bolted to the chamber.
The receiver is quite literally a heat sink for the barrel. 
Use a VFG, gloves or wrap the receiver. I think that's why whenever you see pictures in service with the Czech Army, they have a VFG.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:50:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think the problem is that the upper receiver, for all intents and purposes, is bolted to the chamber.
Use a VFG, gloves or wrap the receiver. I think that's why whenever you see pictures in service with the Czech Army, they have a VFG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually... Receiver acting as a heat sink might be pretty ingenious. Wonder how many rounds if takes to get the gun to cook off a round?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 3:43:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Is the barrel on the 1/2-28 pistols long enough that a 5.5" AR Flashider can bring it up to legal length?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:23:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Not that it is a real cost-effective option, but I got two HK G36 mags today to try with the retro magwell.  Wasn't sure they were going to work since they have an exaggerated skirt compared to the CZ mags.

They do fit, locked the bolt open, and cycled some dummy cartridges in my non-shooting testing. They do have a bit more play when locked in compared to the CZ mags but they also are easier to get in and out. Locked the mags together, and they cleared the lower in both left and right positions.  Not as comically huge as the CZ variety, though still bulkier than the Magpul 30Gs.

The design here is pretty clever, with the 805 Bren easily feeding from the most common two magazine types used by NATO militaries. The 806 eliminates this, but it's a nice feature for the 805 on the export market I'm sure.

I doubt everyone is going to go run out and buy up all the G36 mags, but given the Magpul compatibility I was pretty curious. The Magpul 30G is my favorite so far.  And if HK ever releases a US-made semi-auto G36 clone, I'll be ready.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Picked up a Bren 1/2-28 pistol off the EE today.

Now the waiting begins....

Plan is ACR stock and extended flash hider pinned and welded. With US mags, and a US Stock with a US flash hider is that enough 922 R parts?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Plan is ACR stock and extended flash hider pinned and welded. With US mags, and a US Stock with a US flash hider is that enough 922 R parts?
View Quote
No.

I haven't done full blown research but my brief notes is that the Bren has 16 parts and 6 of them need to be in compliance.

There are 20 parts in the 922r regs, and you cant have more then 10 of them.  The items you want to replace don't meet the full criteria.

You cant have more then 10 of these as foreign parts.  The Bren pistol has 1 through 16 at the very least as foreign.  You would need to replace 6 of those 16.

1.Frame, receiver, receiver casting, forging or stamping (not going to replace)
2.Barrel (not going to replace)
3.Barrel extension (not going to replace)
4.Operating rod (possible candidate)
5.Gas piston (possible candidate)
6.Forearm or handguard (not going to replace)
7.Mounting blocks (trunion) (not going to replace)
8.Muzzle attachment (possible candidate)
9.Bolt (possible candidate)
10.Bolt carrier (possible candidate)
11.Trigger  (possible candidate)
12.Trigger housing (not going to replace)
13.Hammer (possible candidate)
14.Sear (possible candidate)
15.Disconnector (possible candidate)
16.Buttstock (possible candidate)
17.Pistol grip (not going to replace)
18.Magazine body (possible candidate)
19.Follower (possible candidate)
20.Floorplate (possible candidate)
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No
If there a list of what parts the Bren has? I didn't see it in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm interested in what the required 922r parts list would be as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I know that CZ sells a 922R 'kit' but it includes the stock that I don't want.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No
@Tim_McBride I updated my post, sorry I didn't put it all in there at first.

When you look at the 922r kits for the Bren you can see why those chose certain parts.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@Tim_McBride I updated my post, sorry I didn't put it all in there at first.

When you look at the 922r kits for the Bren you can see why those chose certain parts.
View Quote
Thank you for the post.

I emailed CZ to see if they will sell the 922R parts without the US stock, since I plan on getting the ACR stock.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No.

I haven't done full blown research but my brief notes is that the Bren has 16 parts and 6 of them need to be in compliance.

There are 20 parts in the 922r regs, and you cant have more then 10 of them.  The items you want to replace don't meet the full criteria.

You cant have more then 10 of these as foreign parts.  The Bren pistol has 1 through 16 at the very least as foreign.  You would need to replace 6 of those 16.

View Quote
This is a list of all possible parts under the regulation.  Not all guns have all 20 parts.  Some don't have a particular part due to their design (e.g. A blowback weapon won't have a gas piston), while on others some parts are integrated into other parts, but only count as one part.  For example, the Bren has no seperate forend or handguard around the barrel.  It's all counted as the receiver.  Similarly, the pistol grip is molded into the lower (trigger housing), so it only counts as one part.  Given that the CZ 922r kit consists of 4 parts (stock, disconnector, piston, and muzzle device), that implies that the Bren pistol only has 14 "parts" and you only need to replace 4 to get down to the magic 10.

I'd be careful about the mags as the gun comes with a US made mag, so they may already take credit for the three US mag parts.  Adding a foreign mag, like the original CZ mag kit, may actually add three foreign parts to your gun.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Manticore,

Any pics of the tube mount yet?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is the barrel on the 1/2-28 pistols long enough that a 5.5" AR Flashider can bring it up to legal length?
View Quote
Quoting myself here.

The threads on the Bren are so long that a 5.5" flash hider, will just barely bring the legal length to 16 inches. I might end up making a jam nut and welding it all together to give me an extra 1/4 inch.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Just a heads up to those waiting on 922r kits, the 2016 kit is available for sale:

2016 922r Kits
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Easiest way to get 6 U.S. made parts is a U.S. made magazine, muzzle attachment, charging handle (i.e. operating rod) and lower handguard.   The second three we will all have available in the next 30 days.

Another easy option is just go with the SB tactical Bren 805 Arm Brace which will be out in the next 30 days, no need to worry about 922r at all.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Easiest way to get 6 U.S. made parts is a U.S. made magazine, muzzle attachment, charging handle (i.e. operating rod) and lower handguard.   The second three we will all have available in the next 30 days.

Another easy option is just go with the SB tactical Bren 805 Arm Brace which will be out in the next 30 days, no need to worry about 922r at all.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
Patiently waiting....

Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not sure what you are referring to.  We have a Bren 805 Sidefolder Arm Brace if that is what you are referring to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Manticore,

Not sure what you are referring to.  We have a Bren 805 Sidefolder Arm Brace if that is what you are referring to.
@Manticore_Arms

The side folding Bren 805 arm brace. The one I requested a picture of before Hawkin?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

Got bored while waiting for parts to show up. Pistol rear trunnion made to work with an ACE Folder.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/40084/DSC00630-240649.JPG

Got bored while waiting for parts to show up. Pistol rear trunnion made to work with an ACE Folder.
View Quote
That looks great! Do you have pics of it on the gun?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:22:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Ordered the charging handle.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hopefully no one got their feelings hurt- I thought I had posted it already.

You can see the arm brace, plus our M-LOK lower handguard, knurled charging handle, and extended safety (all in the white prior to finishing) on the gun.

The Knurled Charging Handles are already up for sale on our web store, the other parts will be up for sale in 30-45 days.

Sven
Manticore Arms

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/Bren%20805%20arm%20brace.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Manticore,

@Manticore_Arms

The side folding Bren 805 arm brace. The one I requested a picture of before Hawkin?
Hopefully no one got their feelings hurt- I thought I had posted it already.

You can see the arm brace, plus our M-LOK lower handguard, knurled charging handle, and extended safety (all in the white prior to finishing) on the gun.

The Knurled Charging Handles are already up for sale on our web store, the other parts will be up for sale in 30-45 days.

Sven
Manticore Arms

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/Bren%20805%20arm%20brace.jpg
No feelings hurt, and I appreciate it. I've already hit the point of "shut up and take my money."
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Awesome.

I forgot to mention, it projects out 1/4" farther than the OEM "sitck and nubbin" one, and is 1/2" in diameter.  That worked out to be the best blend of easy to grab and hang onto for a solid charge, and not projecting out too far from the side of the gun.

I knew we go our design right right when after using it the original one feels really odd and, well, odd.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ordered the charging handle.
Awesome.

I forgot to mention, it projects out 1/4" farther than the OEM "sitck and nubbin" one, and is 1/2" in diameter.  That worked out to be the best blend of easy to grab and hang onto for a solid charge, and not projecting out too far from the side of the gun.

I knew we go our design right right when after using it the original one feels really odd and, well, odd.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
Looking forward to it. The OEM one is a bit small for my meat hooks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Received the Manticore Arms charging handle today.

Pro:
Larger in length and girth
Knurled texture has a nice positive grip feel to it

Con:
Weight (.6oz stock to 1.2oz Manticore as measured on my postal scale)

Pictures:

(Stock first photo, manticore second)

Overall I like it, it'll stay.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:24:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Got my ACR stock tonight from Mississippi Auto Arms. Made it work, but disapointed in the QC on the adaptor. I had to debur all the edges to get it to slide into the gun, and then found out the hole for the take down/rentetion pin was drilled slightly off, requiring me to chase the hole with a bit to get the pin to insert.
This is on top of recieving an adapter that was marred in several spots (just cosmetic, but ya)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 2:35:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File

Current setup.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#48]
One piece of CNC steel?
If so make the handle hollow to reduce weigth.. As long as you keep 2-2.5mm of wall thickness you should be fine

Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
One piece of CNC steel?
If so make the handle hollow to reduce weigth.. As long as you keep 2-2.5mm of wall thickness you should be fine
View Quote
@Manticore_Arms

Any reason you didn't hollow them out? Extra machine step extra cost? Not a huge deal, just curious. I still like it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top