Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2016 10:33:14 PM EDT
Whats going on ladies/gents? So I have a Historical firearm that I would like some "expert" opinion on. I'd like someone to tell me their opinions on the condition of the firearm, its worth, if its real, etc etc. I bought it from a dealer up in Main and from those that i showed some crappy phone pictures, said it was a great buy. Id love to hear your opinions.

Any help valid information would be nice :) all parts are matching although the few questions i have are;

What is the f under the serial on the side of the rifle?
Ive looked for all the markings but im not sure what the 135 w/ the nazi eagle is, would anyone know?
Also there are initials on the bolt handle of B.F.L, would these be of a soldier?
The serial 43R129, would that be MADE 43; Right handed; 129 not sure what it would be
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:17:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Radom I think.! I will look some stuff up. BRB

Missed it by a mile.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:20:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Not bad, stock has had a refinish at one time.

Front end looks a tad short , probably has a duffel cut under lower band.

No more than $500 IMOP.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:23:45 AM EDT
[#3]
What is marked on the front of the receiver?  Should be the year made and some letters indicating which arsenal the rifle came from.

Paladin

ETA:  the stock doesn't look like typical laminated wartime production.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:52:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Walnut with cupped buttplate.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 2:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Post over in the c&r section.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#6]

In 1942 the waffenamt "135” proof appears on the "byf”

98k rifles.  Mauser Oberndorf would use this waffenamt until

production ceased in 1945.  It appears on the receiver ring for the

first time as a final assembly proof over the manufacturer’s code.

A solid "speed milled” front band (without the "H” style cutouts)

appears creating the variation known as the intermediate or mid-war style. All small parts

were still numbered.  The known serial number range is from 209 to 459nn with an estimated

production run of 410,000 rifles.   A waffenamt over "WaA135” was substituted for the

branch of service stamp on the Butt stock.  Beginning within the "aa” block serial number

range the underside of the rear sight leaf was left without range marks in an attempt to speed

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top