Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2015 10:43:25 PM EDT
My friend has an old (pre-war) commercial Mauser sporter. It has the typical fixed sling swivels. He wants to add a sling that can be removed relatively easily and without tools. I have a sling like this on my pre-war drilling, but it cost me a pretty penny. He's looking to spend very little (<$35) but those I'm aware of are twice that and up.

Please recommend something in his budget. He wants to use the sling to climb up into tree stands and then remove the sling so it won't be in the way once he's in the stand.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:47:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess he could use anything with a couple swivel eye snap hooks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I use something like this on my 500. I sling it while wading with gear then take the sling off and stuff it in my pocket.

Israeli sling

Also i ran para cord thru the sling studs and tied a small loop to hook to.

Also check out the Frank Procter sling.  wotg sling
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe not the nicest option, but a leather tabbed SKS sling or Mosin Dog Collar sling could work.

SKS Sling
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top