Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/23/2015 2:09:46 PM EDT
Takes AR magazines. Other calibers planned as well!

https://www.hmgunworks.com/product/hmg-sturmgewehr/
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Takes AR magazines. Other calibers planned as well!

https://www.hmgunworks.com/product/hmg-sturmgewehr/
View Quote

tag.
can't view it at work for some reason
ETA: msrp: TBD
no actual photos I can see
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Uses standard AR-15 magazines
Accepts all standard semi auto HK-style trigger packs
Swappable barrel lengths/calibers and gas lengths
Patents Pending
MSRP TBD

The HK sear pack crowd will be creaming in their shorts.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Any price point listed?
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
40 round mags will look good in that rifle. I would be interested, but it might be too pricey.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]
If I had to guess, I'd say north of 2K...............but hopefully I am wrong

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
40 round mags will look good in that rifle. I would be interested, but it might be too pricey.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Out.

MSRP TBD. Will totally be up there.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd be interested in one at about $1,200.

No more.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the look of the CETME L.....but these guys just came out of nowhere.....I'd be suspicious.

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't get too excited.  They're still showing CAD models.  If they were more that vaporware, they'd have pics of the prototype.

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I am interested in the Cetme more than anything, looks cool!
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Don't get too excited.  They're still showing CAD models.  If they were more that vaporware, they'd have pics of the prototype.

View Quote
This. Even the CAD models are incomplete.

Link Posted: 10/24/2015 4:41:32 AM EDT
[#12]
StG44 in 5.56..

Link Posted: 10/24/2015 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

YMMV
View Quote

This here. ^^^  At first glance the .22 reproduction from GSG is quite a bit more faithful to the original design.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This here. ^^^  At first glance the .22 reproduction from GSG is quite a bit more faithful to the original design.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

I had the GSG, and it was awesome.  I put a German made Mauser sling on it, just as the real ones had.  In fact, the stock on the GSG would fit right on the real deal.  It even weighed the same.  Mine was very accurate and fun to shoot.  I sold it just because I have too many toys right now and it was not getting any playing time.  If GSG was making this thing in .556, I'd be more interested in it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Does not look like the original. Hopefully this is only vaporware. Doubt anyone will buy it.

I would not at any price
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh, looks like potato spaghetti.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#17]
No use for collectors, and too goofy for shooters.  Count me out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#18]
They don't reply to emails either, not confidence inspiring.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This and that.

The only "improved" historical design that I have any interest in is the Triple O HCAR. And I don't have that much.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Neat.

But anticipated release date is Fall/Winter 2015?  And all they have to show is a pretty half-assed CAD drawing?  I think MagPul just met their release date reliability match.

They indicate it will be released in 4 different calibers?  An entirely new concept product like that, and they are going to chamber it and make bolts for, and tune the gas system for 4 different chamberings right out of the gate?  And vet, and make magazines for 4 calibers all at once?  

I have a lot of red flags going off here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, I am guessing this will be a novelty at a non-novelty price.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This and that.

The only "improved" historical design that I have any interest in is the Triple O HCAR. And I don't have that much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This and that.

Same.  I'd be interested in a spot on reproduction.  Granted x33 is hard to come by, but if I'm getting a historical firearm I want it right.  I just don't see the point in dropping what is most likely going to be $1500+ on a 556 platform that does nothing better than my AR's or an AK in 556 will do.

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#23]
You'd swear it was being put out by VLTOR...
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#25]
That looks horrible.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Rivet counters.

You guys are likely the same guys who don't like the profile of the Kahr Thompsons, and tang safeties of late model Winchesters either. Or three click Ubertis.
Guess what, the real STG-44 was select fire too, are we going to complain about that detail being omitted? You guys are worse than old women.

I'm in. I'm also eagerly awaiting the GSG 9mm MP40.

Neither will satisfy purists. Both will be fun. It only matters if I enjoy it.

Dear start up companies, make more things like this. People like me with disposable income will buy them by the cartload.
Just make sure it works...

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:32:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Rivet counters.

You guys are likely the same guys who don't like the profile of the Kahr Thompsons, and tang safeties of late model Winchesters either. Or three click Ubertis.
Guess what, the real STG-44 was select fire too, are we going to complain about that detail being omitted? You guys are worse than old women.

Dear start up companies, make more things like this. People like me with disposable income will buy them by the cartload.

View Quote

While im not hating on anyone wanting to build and offer a new gun for sale, I think that something like this fits into a weird category.  The design overall doesnt offer any advantage to buying it, compared to an AR. So that really only leaves collectors. but collectors are turned off because changing the ammunition type changes the aesthetics by changing the shape of the magazine.  So it just begs the question, whats the point? its not appealing to collectors or just shooters.

I dont think the thompsons, get as much hate, because there are legal reasons why they must be built that way. And if SBRd is aesthetically the same as an actual thompson closed bolt aside.
But there arent any legal reasons why a STG44 couldn't be built that visually on the outside is identical to an actual one. Just the scarcity of 7.92 kurz keeps it from ever being a profitable venture.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Rivet counters.

View Quote

Waiting on the MP40 as well!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Rivet counters.

View Quote

The GSG MP40 is closer to what the MP40 was than this is to the STG-44 heck GSG's version of the STG-44 was closer than this is going to be.

SMG guns at least has a better grasp on the idea in that they offer a original FG-42 caliber and everything, ( I would like to think that everybody would offer Select-fire capability if they could but unfortunately that is not possible at this point in time) and they are also going to come out with a "modernized" version for those who wish to have one.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#31]
They're making one in 8mm Kurz as well...
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They're making one in 8mm Kurz as well...
View Quote

Now I'm interested.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#33]
If they could just get rid of that fake can and lengthen the barrel to legal length

Quoted:

The GSG MP40 is closer to what the MP40 was than this is to the STG-44 heck GSG's version of the STG-44 was closer than this is going to be.

SMG guns at least has a better grasp on the idea in that they offer a original FG-42 caliber and everything, ( I would like to think that everybody would offer Select-fire capability if they could but unfortunately that is not possible at this point in time) and they are also going to come out with a "modernized" version for those who wish to have one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rivet counters.

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 4:56:51 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm interested in the 5.56 version. Would like to see a real deal rifle though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got a preorder email from them.

$1799... I also watched the two in range tv episodes on them.

My only concern at this point is that I still haven't seen a complete or even partially complete rifle. The image on their site is now a colored render but i would still like to see at least a working prototype before handing over cash.

It does say it will be debuting at shot show so maybe I'll preorder once I see it there.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Some good watching in preparation for this gun.

You need to understand the original:

and how that ties in with the HMG Reproduction Version:

and now for the exciting stuff- Part 3 (Variations/Calibers/Pricing)

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Didn't notice they had posted part 3 thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm definitely getting one, just can't decide which caliber I want initially.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Self-edit. They responded to my email promptly saying that they are going to release a lever to have a button release on the left side.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Accepts all standard semi auto HK-style trigger packs

The HK sear pack crowd will be creaming in their shorts.
View Quote

No, they won't. While it does use HK trigger boxes, it is not compatible with HK auto sears.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#41]
It is a very interesting project and I think the price is reasonable given that they are a smaller shop building an all metal rifle. I would like more optics mounting options other than a pic rail on the rear site tower. I am curious about the weight also. I was interested in the 7.62x39 due to similarity with 8mm Kurz but I rather have compatibility with magazines that I already have for my ar.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It is a very interesting project and I think the price is reasonable given that they are a smaller shop building an all metal rifle. I would like more optics mounting options other than a pic rail on the rear site tower. I am curious about the weight also. I was interested in the 7.62x39 due to similarity with 8mm Kurz but I rather have compatibility with magazines that I already have for my ar.
View Quote

I don't know why they didn't put on the side rail like the originals had other than to reduce cost.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't know why they didn't put on the side rail like the originals had other than to reduce cost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.  Go big or go home
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

+1.  Go big or go home
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.  Go big or go home

Go to their Facebook page and make your requests known.  
If they're wise, they'll listen to their customer base and incorporate things we want to see.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If they're wise, they'll listen to their customer base and incorporate things we want to see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1.  Go big or go home

Do you know if they are doing a deposit or is it just we will ping your card when its ready?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:22:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Rivet counters.

View Quote

My gripe was that it was going to have a completely ridiculous looking STANAG mag sticking out the bottom.  They addressed that in the videos.  There will be a correct/classic mag available that will fit the same magazine well.

If that 9mm MP40 clone was designed to accept curved MP5 magazines, I'm pretty sure you'd take issue as well.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm definitely getting one, just can't decide which caliber I want initially.
View Quote

This is my only quandary as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Anything new come out yet about this rifle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Should be more come shotshow
Link Posted: 1/5/2016 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#50]
1700 bucks....think I'll pass
Maybe 500

I'd rather have an AR15 or AK or both for that kind of money
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top