Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2015 6:21:22 PM EDT
Hello all,

I picked up a CZ Scorpion and have a eForm 1 submitted to make it a SBR. I am keeping my eye on CZ USA's site and plan to score a 922r compliance kit when they become available. I also am hunting down the best deal on 30 rd mags but in the meantime, I am trying to decide on an optic. I want a non magnified red dot. I want something that's at least partially low profile and something that will co-witness on the Scorpion. So far I have thought about the Vortex SPARC II and the Primary Arms Microdot. Any other suggestion that I should look at? Do you have a Scorpion with a co-witnessed optic? If so, which one and how do you like it?

Thanks in advance
Jason
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
T-1, T-2, new trijicon red dot
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
If your eyes suck, I'd suggest a Trijicon TA-44S-10 in your reticle color preference... Just as fast as any red dot + target identification at 50-100.

Clean sharp reticle no matter what the light conditions, super light, bomb proof, 20 Moa circle dot reticle gives you a holdover/hob point for close in shots.  It should also help with bullet drop estimation out to the effective range of the 9mm/7" barrel ... Oh, and it works great in conjunction with PvS-14.

Budget = Burris fast fire 3.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Check the PCC forum; there's a three page thread about this. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/443659_What_red_dot_for_a_CZ_Scorpion__.html
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Deltapoint.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using a T-2 with factory mount. About a lower 1/3 co witness.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your eyes suck, I'd suggest a Trijicon TA-44S-10 in your reticle color preference... Just as fast as any red dot + target identification at 50-100.

Clean sharp reticle no matter what the light conditions, super light, bomb proof, 20 Moa circle dot reticle gives you a holdover/hob point for close in shots.  It should also help with bullet drop estimation out to the effective range of the 9mm/7" barrel ... Oh, and it works great in conjunction with PvS-14.

Budget = Burris fast fire 3.
View Quote

Solid choice, look at the RX34 and 43 as well.

The new MRO looks like the bees knees if you have to have a red dot..
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the link, I am leaning towards the push button Primary Arms Micro.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Hard for me to understand the recommendations for a smaller FOV and limited eye relief maginified optic for a 9mm semi auto sub gun.... and for $1000....

I'm thinking it's more about what THEY have vs what would actually make sense....

A (quality) micro red dot sight would probably make the most sense. Small, unlimited eye relief, better field of view, plenty accurate out as far as your will be able to accurately get hits with 9mm...

If 100yd is a factor, then it's likely out to 200yd or more is also very likely, in which case you'll want a real rifle. Which are damn near as compact as a subgun these days, which is why the sub gun is kinda dying out.

ETA: The version of the Trijicon optic mentioned might not be as magnifying as I assumed, but at 1.5x I don't see why it needs to cost $800+ or be as large and heavy as it is for what it does.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah so agree when it comes to a small red dot. I have a wide variety of optics on my other firearms from ACOGs, to Eotechs, Aimpoints, Etc. I want something small, light and fairly affordable. I also want it to cowitness. I plan to order the Primary Arms microdot with push buttons. There were photos of the cowitness in another thread and I like how it looks overall. Thanks for the help everyone!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#10]
primary arms red dot is giving me great results
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I ended up doing a last minutes switch. I had every intention of going with the Primary Arms Microdot and then I got a notification about a Youtube video that ended up changing my mind:

Video here

I ended up going with this model and I love it!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top