Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2015 12:30:50 AM EDT
I'm a little out of the loop with the M31 and didn't have much luck finding build docs online.  Would anything else be required to put one together other than the parts kit and a complete receiver?  GB links below are examples of what I'm looking at.  Also if anyone knows a source of receivers for less than $200 I'd love to hear it :)  Thanks

Kit:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=502253140

Receiver:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=502467495
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I was looking at that same receiver.  You'd still need to find a semi-auto bolt, and build a semi-auto trigger group.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't the kits usually include an intact bolt and trigger group?  It is hard to tell in the pictures for sure if anything other than the receiver is destroyed.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure if TNW still does the bolt and trigger pack modifications to semi auto. I worked at an importer that brought in thousands of the Suomi kits. I hand selected a kit and stock. Sent the trigger pack and bolt out to be nodded.
Bought the semi receiver from them also.
The inside diameter is smaller to keep from letting the larger OD full auto bolt to fit in it.  TNW also turned down the bolt to allow it to fit in the smaller ID receiver.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
cool stuff
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Do these feed and function well?
Anyone ever suppress one?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They feed flawlessly from the 32rd stick and the 72rd drum both.
Never fired one suppressed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet. Can I ask what you paid for yours?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't the kits usually include an intact bolt and trigger group?  It is hard to tell in the pictures for sure if anything other than the receiver is destroyed.

http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/502253000/502253140/pix798241787.jpg
View Quote

The original gun was full-auto only.  You need semi-auto parts, which are all 3rd party/aftermarket stuff.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The original gun was full-auto only.  You need semi-auto parts, which are all 3rd party/aftermarket stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have one? pics?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#10]
It looks like TNW isn't offering the mod services nowadays.  They do still have the semi-auto trigger group and bolt.  Looks like about $300 plus shipping.  That would put the project around $650-700.  Not too bad but more than I want to put into one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Built mine up from a kit. Bought the kit when I worked at an importer. Paid a ridiculously low price for it.  Sent the bolt and trigger pack to be semi auto modded. Don't recall how much I paid. We were partners with TNW at the time.
Got the 80% tube from them also.
Mags I got from work. Got the sticks and drums cheap. Real cheap.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you have one? pics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have one? pics?

Nah, but I've been looking for one for a while and looked into the costs when I saw that receiver on GB.  I determined it would be cheaper (though more of a gamble) to wait and try to find a new old stock, or trade in complete TNW semi.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Mine feeds and functions great with the 36 round sticks. I have only one drum and it needs work. Drums can be finicky, and often need to be fitted to the rifle. I like mine so much that I Form 1ed it into an SBR.

It handles MUCH better without the extra ~4.5" of barrel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 11:26:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mine feeds and functions great with the 36 round sticks. I have only one drum and it needs work. Drums can be finicky, and often need to be fitted to the rifle. I like mine so much that I Form 1ed it into an SBR.

http://flintlock.org/pics/var/albums/Suomi/Suomi_M31_SBR.jpg?m=1438991000

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://flintlock.org/pics/var/albums/Suomi/Suomi_M31_SBR.jpg?m=1438991000

Awesome. How's the trigger?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#15]
The trigger is atrocious. The design that TNW came up with doesn't lend itself to a nice, light pull. Too much linkage. I have improved it a little by some careful polishing, and wrapping a piece of small diameter wire around one of the pins. Also, I added washers to minimize lateral slop, which allows the sear bar to rub against the inside of the FCG frame.

I've seen where guys doing semi auto Suomi builds have employed AR15 FCGs. To implement that on my gun would require some major reengineering.

Regardless, it is still a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Mmm - if we were limited to ONE gun I'd have a kp/31 on the short list of possibles (The minor fact that they're illegal here in any form is immaterial...)

Quite fancy getting someone to make up a blank-firer version - as they ARE legal & would be good to use as part of my WW2 Finnish collection

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top