Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 12:38:07 AM EDT
I'm not familiar with these or, for that matter, Mossberg.
Are these rifles any good?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Savage type action, reasonable trigger.  Big claim to fame is they take AR & in .308", DPMS/SR-25 mags & M-1A mags.  Not a Ruger Precision Rifle by any means, but not a bad walk-around hunting rifle.

Has a bbl nut, so bbls will eventually be available, but not aware of any now.

ETA:  Tony Rumore of Tromix is apparently working on a .458" SOCOM conversion - bolt head & bbl.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:50:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one, a Predator model. Magazines are a very loose fit, due to them really needing an actual mag well, so they wobble around pretty freely. The gun itself was pretty accurate, a LOT of fun to shoot, and I never had any trouble out of it; just couldn't get past the magazines wiggling around.

If somebody were to come up with bottom metal that approximated the magazine well of an AR, they would dell the shit out of them, because the mag wobble is an almost universal complaint.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Lots of stuff available, tromix has 300 black barrels and all the tools to due install. Plus he has a trigger guard and "bottom metal" in aluminum.
MVP PARTS
Mine has been fantastic its the 24" varmint in 204r, thing shoots great.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Predator in 308. Love it. M1A mags fit tight due to the two locking points, side and front. Magpul mags are alittle loose but not an issue for me. I wonder if I could drill out a spot in the front of the Mapgul for the front mag catch. Magpul mags feed smoother since the spiral fluted bolt is riding over plastic not metal.

The 15rd M1A mags are a nice compromise of capacity and length. I think the 20rds mags are too long. I usually just use the 10 rounder's.

I have to send mine in to get it threaded as I bought it before they were offering it threaded. I have an Omega suppressor on the way.

Accuracy has been sub moa with Hornady TAP 168gr and my handloads with 165gr SST bullets. Mine didn't seem to like anything heavier than 168gr.

with 15rd M1A mag

magwell

4rds TAP 168gr at 100yrds. 2-7x scope.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Savage type action, reasonable trigger.  Big claim to fame is they take AR & in .308", DPMS/SR-25 mags & M-1A mags.  Not a Ruger Precision Rifle by any means, but not a bad walk-around hunting rifle.

Has a bbl nut, so bbls will eventually be available, but not aware of any now.

ETA:  Tony Rumore of Tromix is apparently working on a .458" SOCOM conversion - bolt head & bbl.
View Quote

I think he gave that idea up as there were poor sales for his 300 BLK barrels. But he still has the 300 BLK barrels available if that is your thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top