Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2015 6:31:07 AM EDT
I'm planning on ordering some Leupold QD rings for a Mark AR 1.5-4x20mm, I know the factory irons on an ARX are insanely high and they're coming off. Any idea what height rings I should get? I was thinking low but want to make sure that that's not too close to the rail.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go with just high enough for a cheek weld.  The stock sights are even just too high to get a cheek weld with the stock as it is.  In fact, they are just rail mounted versions of those that were integral to the original A1, where their height was lower compared to these.  I actually am going to ditch the factory sights & get a set of MagPul Pro irons, which are at a better height for the stock & closer to the bore line.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The stock comb is lower than an AR so AR height items will be too high.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
How about those micro sights
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd go with just high enough for a cheek weld. ..
View Quote

I'm pretty sure he knows that already.  He is asking if anyone knows the height he needs to accomplish that, and have his optic clear.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure he knows that already.  He is asking if anyone knows the height he needs to accomplish that, and have his optic clear.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd go with just high enough for a cheek weld. ..

Practical way to do that would be to measure the scope height to cheek riser on a working rifle in your arsenal - if you have another scoped setup - &  use that as a start point.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm just going to go with low rings and hope it works... after all, the Mark AR 1.5-4x20mm is one of the lowest profile scopes out there, should be fine.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I took off the factory irons and used the lowest rings I could.   My ARX is a range toy and I won't bother with irons for it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm just going to go with low rings and hope it works... after all, the Mark AR 1.5-4x20mm is one of the lowest profile scopes out there, should be fine.
View Quote

Let me know how it goes I want to get a 1-4x scope for the Arx im gonna be getting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top