Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2015 4:43:21 AM EDT
I just inherited a few guns. Anyone know where to buy 8mm ammo.

1918/1920 8mm  German Mauser

Star 380acp pistol

jp sauer and sohn western marshall 357

EIG xxll 38 special

stoeger llama 45

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Star 380acp pistol

EIG xxll 38 special

stoeger llama 45

View Quote

check your local lgs and big 5 stores
pics not loading
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll post pics in the morning
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Star 380acp pistol

EIG xxll 38 special

stoeger llama 45

View Quote

First, sorry for your loss (I'm assuming a death of a family member or loved one predated an inheritance) . . . .

You've probably figured out that your benefactor was a cheap skate. All of these guns are low-grade budget items from the 1970s and early 80s. If this person had been accumulating guns today, they'd own Hi-Point, Jimenez, Heritage and Phoenix arms. I guess I'm a total dick for pointing this out but I hope you take this as a warning to check all the guns out pretty carefully before you start firing them. Chances are they're all low-mileage samples and in good operating condition, but look them over well . . . the Llama and Star are probably fairly decent guns but certainly the low-cost options of their day.

You should be able to buy 8mm ammo at any well-stocked gun store or at online sellers like AIM (see the ad banner at the top of this page).
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#4]
pictures please!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy some Wolf or PPU brass case modern ammo and then start reloading.

Advntrjnky
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

First, sorry for your loss (I'm assuming a death of a family member or loved one predated an inheritance) . . . .

You've probably figured out that your benefactor was a cheap skate. All of these guns are low-grade budget items from the 1970s and early 80s. If this person had been accumulating guns today, they'd own Hi-Point, Jimenez, Heritage and Phoenix arms. I guess I'm a total dick for pointing this out but I hope you take this as a warning to check all the guns out pretty carefully before you start firing them. Chances are they're all low-mileage samples and in good operating condition, but look them over well . . . the Llama and Star are probably fairly decent guns but certainly the low-cost options of their day.

You should be able to buy 8mm ammo at any well-stocked gun store or at online sellers like AIM (see the ad banner at the top of this page).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Star 380acp pistol

EIG xxll 38 special

stoeger llama 45

+1

But if the .357 is like the one I have it is built like a tank and a joy to shoot.
I'm not saying to use Ruger proof loads in it but I have shot some hot loads and it handled it well.

I would have everything checked out first before you fire it as well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd be interested in the 8mm Mauser if you wanted to get rid of it
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Any idea as to the story behind the evidence number etched into the Star?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

I figured that to be a drivers license number
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People used to do that for some reason. I suppose the serial number wasn't unique enough.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Star made good quality handguns, nothing wrong there, parts might be hard to find though, if you ever need any.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#14]
No idea behind the 380 but yeah I  assume its a DL #
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:59:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in the 8mm Mauser if you wanted to get rid of it
View Quote

Nope I've been looking for one of these for a long time.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:01:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

+1

But if the .357 is like the one I have it is built like a tank and a joy to shoot.
I'm not saying to use Ruger proof loads in it but I have shot some hot loads and it handled it well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Star 380acp pistol

EIG xxll 38 special

stoeger llama 45

+1

Yeah the 357 I'm having issues with unfortunately the cylinder will not cycle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top