Bore snake > All that hassle

But I'll agree $5.99 seems like a decent price for that stuff
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
sorry,don't do dick's.

clown
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#3]
It could be free....Fuck em.  I hope they go under sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Why the hatred for Dicks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After the Sandy Hook incident, they pulled all of the Modern Sporting Rifles aka AR15s and accessories off of their shelves.  There were a bunch of customers that also had back ordered a Dicks exclusive Troys Industries AR15 from Black Friday.   They paid their money in advance but DIck's refused to sell to them.

Others, please jump in if I missed anything else.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#6]
They won't sell handguns, either. However, that got me an unbelievable deal on a S&W 1911 when Dick's bought the Galyons near me and they were clearing the handguns out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

This and I also avoid Dicks and um dicks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Why would you even step foot into that store? Also I met the local general manager at the one in my town. Total D bag. so I told him I pray every night his store will close down and the company would go out of business. The look on his face was worth it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Gotcha... Didn't know that
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#10]
So $6 for a bunck of stuff of unknown quality?

I have some field and stream brand stuff, and its pretty hit and miss

Otis or death
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

After the Sandy Hook incident, they pulled all of the Modern Sporting Rifles aka AR15s and accessories off of their shelves.  There were a bunch of customers that also had back ordered a Dicks exclusive Troys Industries AR15 from Black Friday.   They paid their money in advance but DIck's refused to sell to them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 for this, never forget.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, one in my local...

I have never set foot in one and never will.. Dicks can suck a bag of green syphilitic dicks..
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 12:54:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#14]
What amazes me is that people still shop at (a bag of) Dick's... FUCK 'EM!

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I live in the Commie state of CR. fuck Dick's!!!!!!

They pulled all ammo and firearms from their stores after Sandy Hook. Now they record people's Pistol Permit number and info when buying ammo. This is not required but they do it to "be safe".

Fuck Dick's. I hope their overpriced shit hole goes belly up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#16]
i still boycott dicks. i havent shopped there since sandy hook. i used to shop there about every other month.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I prefer and use the Otis Rip cords. Much more durable material.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't work for Dicks or have any stake in their business.
Ok, here are my thoughts; the post Sandy Hook shenanigans aside...
Dicks is about as main stream as you can get.  If all the "normal people" see guns there then that sort of takes the mystique out of them.  Go there sometime and see how many soccer moms go in and look at guns or ask questions or even HOLD a gun.  Having guns at Dicks helps make gun ownership seem a little more main stream.
I buy the bulk of my ammunition at a local small business, but when my wife throws me the sale paper and asks if I need any ammunition....well.
They are not Cabelas, Gander Mountain or Bass Pro...this is the place where turds get their golf shit and moms buy snot gobblers their soccer and T Ball stuff selling home defense and sporting guns and ammunition....wow guns must be part of the mall culture... maybe guns aren't all bad....(till she sees some ARFCOMER telling the manager to eat and that he hopes they lose their livelihood...real mature)

M2C

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:50:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Includes:

2 bronze brushes
2 cotton mops
1 brass jag
1 patch puller
25 cleaning patches

All for $5.99.  Can't beat that!

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b603/BornIn1776/cbe5e9e9-15dd-405a-bf15-2c07c7330d6e_zps6lx88iwc.jpg
View Quote

The price is good and thank you for posting that deal. Have you ever tried a bore snake? Think of all those things in one cord that you just pull through the barrel, sans having to keep a million cleaning patches.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:02:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dicks is about as main stream as you can get.  If all the "normal people" see guns there then that sort of takes the mystique out of them.  Go there sometime and see how many soccer moms go in and look at guns or ask questions or even HOLD a gun.  Having guns at Dicks helps make gun ownership seem a little more main stream.
I buy the bulk of my ammunition at a local small business, but when my wife throws me the sale paper and asks if I need any ammunition....well.
They are not Cabelas, Gander Mountain or Bass Pro...this is the place where turds get their golf shit and moms buy snot gobblers their soccer and T Ball stuff selling home defense and sporting guns and ammunition....wow guns must be part of the mall culture... maybe guns aren't all bad....(till she sees some ARFCOMER telling the manager to eat and that he hopes they lose their livelihood...real mature)

M2C

View Quote

every time ive been to dicks, the gun counter is deserted,when its not, there is some snot nosed punk telling me how bad ar's are, and how all you need for HD is a 10/22 loaded with a single round of ratshot, or trying to sell me a 400$ ar for 800 "cuz the seals use it", theyve done much more harm than arfcom

your entire post is as ridiculous as it is stupid
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:26:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I shop at Dicks. Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40 for $99 shipped. Best deal anywhere.

All the haters (22 horders) avoid Dicks which means anytime I need 22lr  ammo, chances are they got it cheaper than anyone else... I get my receipt and call in a survey and get a $10 coupon off my next $50 purchase.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#22]
good price
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Ad one more "fuck them" to the pile
Never set foot in the one by me..never will..they could be giving away everything in the store..fuck um
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#24]
They're more interested in selling to urban soccer moms than us. They can pound sand
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm pretty calculated and conservative when it comes to boycotts... but Dick's can go to hell. Won't ever buy another thing from that POS corporation
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

M2C

View Quote

Except, due to Dick's corporate policies, they are not being exposed to either handguns or the most popular selling rifle in America, the AR-15. Nor are they being exposed to anything else which remotely resembles the media's idea of an assault weapon. So, their exposure to the firearms community is to a bunch of bot-action or lever-action rifles and pump-action shotguns. The guns Dick's sells are generally more marketed towards hunting uses, rather than self-defense. So, in the situation you envision, those soccer moms shopping in Dick's are being taught that guns are for hunting, not self-defense, and certainly not for the original intended meaning of the 2nd Amendment-namely, keeping an out-of-control government in check. Then, with the gun knowledge they received at Dick's, they believe that people who own AR's, AK, or Glocks are a bunch of uneducated, paranoid hillbillies. And, they start voting for "common sense gun control measures" because nobody needs those scary guns and high capacity clips. They aren't going into Dick's for a yoga mat, seeing a Dick's-exclusive-model green Remington 777 in .270 with Chinese-manufactured 3-9x40 scope and coming out thinking that they really should build a Sig brace-equipped AR pistol for a trunk gun.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This

That

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Seems like a deal but I wonder how it will hold up.

As to the boycott thing I still won't shop there.

I also got an old guy fired from the one that was close to me (now shut down)
He was at the counter telling a guy buying a shotgun that all he needs is birdshot for HD and to no waste the money on the Buckshot the guy was asking for., he wouldn't sell the guy buckshot.

When I went to check out the manager was up front and asked me if I found everything I needed and was there anything else . I told him about the guy at the counter telling customers the wrong info that could get them killed or sued and whatnot.

The manager asked if I could step to the side to tell him everything I saw and when I explained to him what was going on and where to find the info on the FBI test as to what birdshot can do.
I was nice and not angry when explain it and he seemed to really care about what I was saying along with writing down the different websites and search words I gave him so he could inform himself.
I also informed him that I would not be shopping here any more.

Well work gave me a gift card for the place and the next time I went back the younger guys at the counter were talking about how the guy was fired and how the management wanted them to not discuss what ammo would be good for HD/SD.

Do I feel bad that I got a old guy fired? In a way I do but don't lose sleep over it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't shop at Dick's for anything.  I'm not giving my money to the anti-gun crowd.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

That

And a bag of chips
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I shop at Dicks. Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40 for $99 shipped. Best deal anywhere.

All the haters (22 horders) avoid Dicks which means anytime I need 22lr  ammo, chances are they got it cheaper than anyone else... I get my receipt and call in a survey and get a $10 coupon off my next $50 purchase.

View Quote

Technically, the coupons are not good for ammo, but they themselves don't even know it so it goes through just fine.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The price is good and thank you for posting that deal. Have you ever tried a bore snake? Think of all those things in one cord that you just pull through the barrel, sans having to keep a million cleaning patches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Includes:

2 bronze brushes
2 cotton mops
1 brass jag
1 patch puller
25 cleaning patches

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b603/BornIn1776/cbe5e9e9-15dd-405a-bf15-2c07c7330d6e_zps6lx88iwc.jpg

I also use bore snakes, but I couldn't pass up on a good deal.  If I were to purchase those things individually, I'd pay around $20.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Seems like a deal but I wonder how it will hold up.

As to the boycott thing I still won't shop there.

I also got an old guy fired from the one that was close to me (now shut down)
He was at the counter telling a guy buying a shotgun that all he needs is birdshot for HD and to no waste the money on the Buckshot the guy was asking for., he wouldn't sell the guy buckshot.

When I went to check out the manager was up front and asked me if I found everything I needed and was there anything else . I told him about the guy at the counter telling customers the wrong info that could get them killed or sued and whatnot.

The manager asked if I could step to the side to tell him everything I saw and when I explained to him what was going on and where to find the info on the FBI test as to what birdshot can do.
I was nice and not angry when explain it and he seemed to really care about what I was saying along with writing down the different websites and search words I gave him so he could inform himself.
I also informed him that I would not be shopping here any more.

Well work gave me a gift card for the place and the next time I went back the younger guys at the counter were talking about how the guy was fired and how the management wanted them to not discuss what ammo would be good for HD/SD.

Do I feel bad that I got a old guy fired? In a way I do but don't lose sleep over it.
View Quote

Don't sweat it.  They were looking for a reason to fire him; you didn't cause his termination.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Meh, I use Otis cables.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I in no way support Dicks sporting goods for anything at all, they are as their name describes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Except, due to Dick's corporate policies, they are not being exposed to either handguns or the most popular selling rifle in America, the AR-15. Nor are they being exposed to anything else which remotely resembles the media's idea of an assault weapon. So, their exposure to the firearms community is to a bunch of bot-action or lever-action rifles and pump-action shotguns. The guns Dick's sells are generally more marketed towards hunting uses, rather than self-defense. So, in the situation you envision, those soccer moms shopping in Dick's are being taught that guns are for hunting, not self-defense, and certainly not for the original intended meaning of the 2nd Amendment-namely, keeping an out-of-control government in check. Then, with the gun knowledge they received at Dick's, they believe that people who own AR's, AK, or Glocks are a bunch of uneducated, paranoid hillbillies. And, they start voting for "common sense gun control measures" because nobody needs those scary guns and high capacity clips. They aren't going into Dick's for a yoga mat, seeing a Dick's-exclusive-model green Remington 777 in .270 with Chinese-manufactured 3-9x40 scope and coming out thinking that they really should build a Sig brace-equipped AR pistol for a trunk gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M2C

This. Dicks is fudd central.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Includes:

2 bronze brushes
2 cotton mops
1 brass jag
1 patch puller
25 cleaning patches

View Quote

You admit you shop at Dicks?

Fuck Dicks. I wouldnt shop at Dicks if the whole
zombie hoard was bearing down my state and
I had to stop them at the Ohio river...and the only
ammo to be had was there.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

They won't sell handguns, either. However, that got me an unbelievable deal on a S&W 1911 when Dick's bought the Galyons near me and they were clearing the handguns out.
View Quote
They started selling handguns again here. Their prices are right up there with Gander Mt.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Includes:

2 bronze brushes
2 cotton mops
1 brass jag
1 patch puller
25 cleaning patches

Did you mean to type it that way?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Dick's can go suck start themselves.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't like dicks......but it's ok if you do
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

M2C

View Quote

Lame
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
i still boycott dicks. i havent shopped there since sandy hook. i used to shop there about every other month.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#45]
They are still selling guns....better than pulling out the Lodge area to sell pnik kayaks or some other shit.
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M2C

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They are still selling guns....better than pulling out the Lodge area to sell pnik kayaks or some other shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M2C

Yes, but your newly-exposed-to-guns soccer moms are being taught that guns and the 2nd Amendment are about hunting or that Joe Biden's home defense plan is adequate and reasonable. It's attitudes like that which brought us the Hughes Amendment, the now-sunset Federal AWB, and the many State-level bans. By stopping the sale of AR's in their stores and refusing to sell one to a customer, should they ask, Dick's is putting forth an image that says certain guns aren't meant for the average, responsible citizen. They aren't advancing the RKBA movement, they're attempting to set it back to where it was in the late 80's to mid 90's, which were fairly dim days for gun ownership.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow me too
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Includes:

2 bronze brushes
2 cotton mops
1 brass jag
1 patch puller
25 cleaning patches

View Quote

Not turning out like you expected is it OP?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Includes:

2 bronze brushes
2 cotton mops
1 brass jag
1 patch puller
25 cleaning patches

Yeah, there's a lot of hate for Dick's.  Thing is, I bet there'd be a long line of people waiting to buy AR15s from Dicks if they started selling them again at a good price.  Bet many arfcommers would be in that line...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah, there's a lot of hate for Dick's.  Thing is, I bet there'd be a long line of people waiting to buy AR15s from Dicks if they started selling them again at a good price.  Bet many arfcommers would be in that line...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Includes:

2 bronze brushes
2 cotton mops
1 brass jag
1 patch puller
25 cleaning patches

You mean if they recognize the errors of their ways and make an obvious effort to apologize and return to the fold of people and businesses who understand that it's not the guns which are the problem, but the mindset of the owner? Yeah, they should be forgiven and be applauded for doing so, and should be made to feel as if they are a welcome member of the community. After all, to err is human, to forgive is divine. But, so long as they attempt to placate a minority percentage of the population, in order to maintain some misguided image, while they willingly throw responsible gun owners under the bus, they should be shunned.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top