Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 11:30:18 AM EDT
Would a Spikes Warthog stripped lower take all the parts from a Bushmaster Carbon 15? Trying to test it before applying for SBR
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably, unless it's a very early one when they'd just bought Professional Ordnance.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly I have thought about the other way around,  LW lower with heavy duty upper...
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#3]
For about $50.00, I would just get another lower parts kit. Trying to get the roll pins out might cause some problems with the polymer lower and you could damage it.  By chance is the hammer on the Bushy polymer as well or is it metal? I was always curious about that.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For about $50.00, I would just get another lower parts kit. Trying to get the roll pins out might cause some problems with the polymer lower and you could damage it.  By chance is the hammer on the Bushy polymer as well or is it metal? I was always curious about that.
View Quote

^+1 especially since you will have to replace the LPK you pulled from the Carbon at some time.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

^+1 especially since you will have to replace the LPK you pulled from the Carbon at some time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+2 For whats its worth. For the small cost of a parts kit, you would have all new parts as well as being better quality then what would come out of a used C15...
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 1:27:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  For about $50.00, I would just get another lower parts kit. Trying to get the roll pins out might cause some problems with the polymer lower and you could damage it.  By chance is the hammer on the Bushy polymer as well or is it metal? I was always curious about that.

Thought the LPK in the Bushmasters were always metal?  Plastic LPKs only came out the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Both of mine have/had USGI parts in them.

I've wanted to do something like the OP is talking about for a while...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top