Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2015 2:04:25 PM EDT
Anybody used this load before? How about with a suppressor? Is it better than the remanufactured stuff? Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Do some research online for Freedom Munitions before you buy.... I've seen (first hand) their ammo blow up a handgun.  Shooter suffered minor damage, but the gun was a total loss.  STAY AWAY
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do some research online for Freedom Munitions before you buy.... I've seen (first hand) their ammo blow up a handgun.  Shooter suffered minor damage, but the gun was a total loss.  STAY AWAY
View Quote

Was this remanufactured or new manufacture ammo? I've heard bad things about the remanufactured and am not considering it for purchase.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Was this remanufactured or new manufacture ammo? I've heard bad things about the remanufactured and am not considering it for purchase.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know if it was the re-man or the factory new.  Overpressure is overpressure.... this was not due to bad brass.

I highly doubt they have the competent people load the "new" ammo and the idiots load the "reman"
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
you do realize that they make their own new ammo as well as the reman.  They only difference is the brass.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Well if FM is a no-go, then do y'all prefer Speer Lawman 147 grain or American Eagle for suppressed hosts?
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Freedom Munitions is good to go. I know many people who have fired many, many cases of their remanufactured ammo with no problem. EVERY manufacturer in the business has had more than a few kabooms in their history. It's bound to happen when you consider the scale of operation.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
No problems whatsoever out of my G17/Octane 45.  Sounds great and functions fine.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No problems whatsoever out of my G17/Octane 45.  Sounds great and functions fine.
View Quote

Is that the remanufactured or the new stuff?
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I have personally shot somewhere in the neighborhood of 5k rounds of their reman  9mm with not a single problem. I would recommend their ammo to anyone
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds good. I'll prolly try 250 rounds to see how well they function. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I have shot 1K of the NEW 9mm 115 gr with no issues.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I've shot thousands without any problems. Mostly their 115gr, which I've found more accurate in my guns than the 124 or 147.
It's a little light, but seems relatively consistent.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Ive ordered several thousand rounds from GreatLakesAmmo.com with zero issues so far

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#15]
New Freedom 147 does not cycle my PCC. Even suppressed. Seems to work OK in my Glock G19.

AE 147 is what I use. No problems at all.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#16]
a moving picture is worth 1000 internets.

Here is my USPSA Journal and review of 115 gr 9mm Freedom Reman ammo.

It's not too good.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:13:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anybody used this load before? How about with a suppressor? Is it better than the remanufactured stuff? Thanks in advance!
View Quote

Ive only shot 500 rounds of this load. It was amazing in my sig 228 with Tirant 9

Have shot over 30k of their other rounds, 223, 556, 308, 9mm, 50bmg. No problems.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

a moving picture is worth 1000 internets.

Here is my USPSA Journal and review of 115 gr 9mm Freedom Reman ammo.

It's not too good.

https://youtu.be/iKzl8hxl4K4
View Quote

Their 115gr is (or was) loaded fairly light; they've changed the specs on their website, but the old advertised velocity put it at something like 120 PF.  I've had scattered FTF issues with it in my M&P with a new-ish RSA.

No issues that I can recall with their 124gr or 147gr.

Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#19]
I have shot probably around 7-8000 rounds between their 9mm and .223 remanufactered ammo with zero issues.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:24:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I cross posted my video to another forum. People are mentioning they have decent reliability with heavier 9mm loads but several have piped up about the 115gr 9mm doing the exact same thing to them.

Lesson: 115 grain freedom.Munitions is not OK. I emailed them my info and experience but they haven't responded and its been a week. If that 9mm light load cannot cycle one of the most common handguns in America then I don't want it and I would consider it a defective product.

I hope they get back to me but its not looking likely.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I cross posted my video to another forum. People are mentioning they have decent reliability with heavier 9mm loads but several have piped up about the 115gr 9mm doing the exact same thing to them.

Lesson: 115 grain freedom.Munitions is not OK. I emailed them my info and experience but they haven't responded and its been a week. If that 9mm light load cannot cycle one of the most common handguns in America then I don't want it and I would consider it a defective product.

I hope they get back to me but its not looking likely.
View Quote

Sample size of 1. Consider this a single data point along with all the other positive and negative reviews, rather than a definitive indicator of quality.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#22]
My concern is the softness of the brass. I plan on using it in an MP5 clone, and the fluted chamber and roller-delayed blowback system are notoriously hard on brass.

For barely over the price of FM, a person can get Federal, Speer, or Winchester. I think I'll pass on FM and stick to factory stuff. Thanks for the help, all!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had to return a full case of 300AAC to Freedom. Waaaayyyy out of spec and 1 out 3 rounds wouldn't chamber. They actually shorted me about $10 on the returned ammo. Their pistol ammo has run fine for me, 9mm and 40, but once it's used up I'm done with Freedom Munitions.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I've shot a lot of new and reman 147gr Freedom Munitions with no serious problems other than failing to lock back the slide every so often - but I figure light loading is the price you pay for a subsonic 9mm round. (I'd love it if they came out with a 160gr version.)

Accuracy is on the average side, but you'd be handloading if that was a primary consideration, I think.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've shot a lot of new and reman 147gr Freedom Munitions with no serious problems other than failing to lock back the slide every so often - but I figure light loading is the price you pay for a subsonic 9mm round. (I'd love it if they came out with a 160gr version.)

Accuracy is on the average side, but you'd be handloading if that was a primary consideration, I think.
View Quote

147s are not "light loaded". I know of no 147 that will go super in a standard  pistol length bbl. By nature of weight and case size a 147 9mm is sub-sonic.  147s marked "sub-sonic" is marketing hype.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

147s are not "light loaded". I know of no 147 that will go super in a standard  pistol length bbl. By nature of weight and case size a 147 9mm is sub-sonic.  147s marked "sub-sonic" is marketing hype.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're misinterpreting what I meant by "lightly loaded". I didn't mean it was a light load because it was subsonic, I meant that subsonic 147gr 9mm is not a particularly heavily loaded round from a pure energy standpoint (< 300J). I should have been more clear.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are looking for 9mm I almost bought some from Freedom munitions. But for $44 more I got all the 9mm I need that's factory loaded from selway armory. And that's including the shipping. They have estate 115gr brass cased for 9.99/50
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Yep, that's the route I'm going to go. I would rather pay a little extra for quality.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My concern is the softness of the brass. I plan on using it in an MP5 clone, and the fluted chamber and roller-delayed blowback system are notoriously hard on brass.

For barely over the price of FM, a person can get Federal, Speer, or Winchester. I think I'll pass on FM and stick to factory stuff. Thanks for the help, all!
View Quote

No problems from FM brass in my MP5.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#30]
The discussion in the ammunition section had a lot of people with issues .
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm done with Freedom. I've never had a case split before. This has now happened to me twice in less than 250 rounds. This is new 9mm Freedom 147.

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Jimmy, what were you shooting, and did you contact FM?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Jimmy, what were you shooting, and did you contact FM?
View Quote

I was shooting them out of my suppressed Glock carbine. I have not contacted FM. Doesn't seem to be worth the hassle.

I've had good luck with AE 147's. Over 400 rounds fired with no problems so far.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#34]
It's actually kinda funny when people say they avoid FM and go with "factory" rounds.

Like FM is a bunch of contract labor sitting around in a garage hand loading.

Most of you probably don't realize that many "factory" manufacturers also contract FM to help them meet orders when they are at capacity.

Every manufacturer has issues. I saw someone's gun come apart when they were firing American Eagle. I've personally had multiple issues with Blazer Brass.

It happens.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The discussion in the ammunition section had a lot of people with issues .
View Quote

This thread?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_20/159430_Freedom_munitions_reman_115g_9mm_good_to_go_.html

"A lot" of people had problems? Sounds like you might be stretching it a bit.

Did I miss another thread? Help me out if I did, please. Thanks.

I use their stuff a lot. Not the only rounds I use, but admit to going through a good number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top