Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2015 3:47:33 PM EDT

Finished up my ARX-100 review...  Here are my thoughts:

Sustains:
-100% reliable to date
-Accuracy is just fine on mine (I know some folks have had different experiences)
-CHF CL barrel
-Extremely ambi-friendly
-Stock seems pretty solid
-MP barrel, bolt, bolt carrier
-Easy maintenance (once you do it once or twice)
-Comes with BUIS
-Leightweight

Improves:
-Not all AR mags work (most do however)
-Rail/Sight height is higher than ARs so some optics will give a chin vs. cheek weld
-Rail space is limited vs. other carbines

Here's the full review with the gun in action:

Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks and watched it.  Still on the fence about that thing, it looks like one of those beta fish you see at petco. Also my favorite mags are lancers.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
How is the recoil vs a scar
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks and watched it.  Still on the fence about that thing, it looks like one of those beta fish you see at petco. Also my favorite mags are lancers.
View Quote

It works perfect with Lancer AWM 30s.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

This would not be a fair comparison as the muzzle devises that these two rifles come with are not the same.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The more I watch on these things, the more I want one!! Thanks for the review.

ARKAR
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I seen one at my local fun store here but I'm not sure about it.  The big reason is that the plastic stock didn't really seem all that durable.  Flimsy would be a word I would use.  I have no idea how well it would hold up in -40 degree winter temperatures without becoming brittle and breaking.  Might be alright but I'll let others have at it for a while first.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Must be the editing. It sounds louder suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I seen one at my local fun store here but I'm not sure about it.  The big reason is that the plastic stock didn't really seem all that durable.  Flimsy would be a word I would use.  I have no idea how well it would hold up in -40 degree winter temperatures without becoming brittle and breaking.  Might be alright but I'll let others have at it for a while first.
View Quote

The same as any other polymer stock...
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you clarify:  the two times you ejected rounds by hand cycling, those were live rounds not spent, correct?  In other words, you didn't just download to 3 rounds for groups so the next round was chambered and you were just clearing the rifle, not failures to extract/eject?  

Kinda odd that Beretta wouldn't accommodate one of the most popular mag manufacturer's most recent version. I like the ergos of the controls. Watching your review I was reminded of the XCR. Height over bore/cheekweld issues, but good controls. A bit cheaper at $1300-1500. Not sure I'd be too satisfied with shimming the rail with a spring/roll pin, but I guess it works. I'd also prefer a non-reciprocating charging handle, but at least it appears to be out of the way of the rails.

Nice review. Covered all the bases and didn't get bogged down. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Both my SCAR and ARX have flash hiders. The ARX has less of a recoil impulse and less counter recoil movement too.

Beretta did a lot of good design work with the ARX.

H
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can you clarify:  the two times you ejected rounds by hand cycling, those were live rounds not spent, correct?  In other words, you didn't just download to 3 rounds for groups so the next round was chambered and you were just clearing the rifle, not failures to extract/eject?  

Kinda odd that Beretta wouldn't accommodate one of the most popular mag manufacturer's most recent version. I like the ergos of the controls. Watching your review I was reminded of the XCR. Height over bore/cheekweld issues, but good controls. A bit cheaper at $1300-1500. Not sure I'd be too satisfied with shimming the rail with a spring/roll pin, but I guess it works. I'd also prefer a non-reciprocating charging handle, but at least it appears to be out of the way of the rails.

Nice review. Covered all the bases and didn't get bogged down. Thanks!
View Quote

Correct.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Both my SCAR and ARX have flash hiders. The ARX has less of a recoil impulse and less counter recoil movement too.

H
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

H

Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not sure I'd be too satisfied with shimming the rail with a spring/roll pin, but I guess it works.
View Quote

All of the new production ARX-100s have the roll pin installed from the factory, though the roll pin is not even needed.

AFAIK the ARX-160 A3 (the rifle that the ARX-100 is based on) still does not come with the roll pin.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all of your hard work...

For what is it, the rifle is well beyond my consideration due to the cost.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

$1300?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

$1300?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1300?

Botach had them for $1200, but hey, Botach.

H
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#17]
On the subject of cheek weld, the Galil ACE is supposed to have 3 different height cheek attachments available for it, as seen in this image:

I've been was wondering if they might be modifiable to fit the ARX, maybe attached with industrial velcro or something.

Also, LOS has been making & selling kydex cheek pieces for the ARX.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#18]
The ARX is starting to appeal more to me all the time. It is a shame my bank account does not like it. One day I would love to get one of these.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#19]

please make .223 pistol + 9mm conversion & I am sold
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#20]
As always, great review OP.  I've had my ARX since late last year and your review is spot on.  The trigger sucks, but you are still left with a really neat, totally ambidextrous rifle with a folding stock that will give me around a three inch group with cheap ammo.  I really like mine.  It is definitely a keeper.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#21]
What scope ring height would you recommend for a 1-4x scope. I would like a solid cheek weld. Thank you
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What scope ring height would you recommend for a 1-4x scope. I would like a solid cheek weld. Thank you
View Quote

Go as low as your scope allows. The stock does have a significant drop to it.

AJ
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

AJ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AJ

Agreed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top