Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 6:58:55 PM EDT
What are the internal receiver rails that the bolt carrier group rides on made of? Are they steel, aluminum, plastic?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What are the internal receiver rails that the bolt carrier group rides on made of? Are they steel, aluminum, plastic?
View Quote

Plastic like the rest of the upper.

Beretta went with steel or plastic for pretty much everything. The only aluminum is in the rails, selector switches, and the barrel support up front.

AJ
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I haven't found anything about that be a problem so I assume it is good to go. Just asking because I have been thinking about getting one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got about 600 rounds through mine. The bolt carrier paint has polished up where it runs on the receiver while the receiver has no significant wear.

The highest wear area is the bolt extension steel where the parkerizing had worn through with some metal wear.

Some pics showing wear here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3688167/Beretta_ARX_100_design_details#Post3688167

AJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top