Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 11:42:10 PM EDT
Just picked up one of these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLxU9mxev0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q1QoZ4d2ik

Posting those, since it does give mostly all the info on the extension. Only thing different with the installation video, the designer suggests to use a punch to bend the tab on the new release as opposed to hitting it with a hammer (gives you the ease of getting the right fit without having to readjust the release each time you install the extension). It is in the notes that are included with the extension.

Really solid design. Would have no issue using it as a monopod... if it came down to it. But I do have to say that you do notice it in regards to weight.

You really can adjust it depending on your rifle. With the amount of differences between Mosin Nagants, it is nice to be able to not hear rattles.

The designer is the same guy that makes those bayonet socket muzzle breaks (I've had one for a few years, and been happy with it). Figured I'd might as well post a picture of both modification on my gun.

Yes, it is expensive ($150, shipped), but loading more than five rounds into a Mosin Nagant makes it all worth it to me. No permanent modifications is also a win.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
um, no

ever hear of stripper clips?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
um, no

ever hear of stripper clips?
View Quote

Yes, I have (and own some)... unless I'm pulling my scope off each time I need to reload, kind of irrelevant, correct?

If I worried what other people thought, my firearms and modifications would not be where they are at currently.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:26:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I like it.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Since this is in the c&r section i be more liberal with my opinions : First off-

blah

Destroy the lines and function of a rifle in a few easy steps. - buy a poorly designed 10 rd extension to a mag that was meant for 5 and make you rifle look like it has a tumor growing out of its side and destroy the rifles handling characteristics. Not even getting started with that break.

Keep em stock

You want 10 rds! Here you go:

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:19:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I say do what ever the hell you want if it makes you happy! Its not like you chopped it up or anything. Hell, I am gonna put an old pistol scope on my m44.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it.  Especially since it didn't permanently change the rifle.  The price though , a little too high for me.

It reminds me of an Air Service 03.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Destroy the lines and function of a rifle in a few easy steps. - buy a poorly designed 10 rd extension to a mag that was meant for 5 and make you rifle look like it has a tumor growing out of its side and destroy the rifles handling characteristics. Not even getting started with that break.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Again, couldn't care less about opinion, being last time I checked... my rifle, my money, which equates to I do what I desire. It is in the C&R section, being the rifle doesn't fall out of that category with that extension. Just like people that scope their rifles by swapping the rear sight for those mounts. With the idea of what people put out on their high horses with not modifying these rifles, the magazine extension does not do a thing to the rifle. If you don't like it, I respect that, but how about we knock the soap-boxing off in here...

For the main reason I'm quoting this, I wanted to speak on the underlined part of that quote. If you are so against the extension, how exactly can you deem it is poorly designed? From someone that has one in hand, it was very well made and feeds ten rounds just the same as the standard setup fed five. Steel box, stainless steel hardware, and what I liked better, no aluminum or polymer. No defects in any part of my kit. If someone does watches the first video, the designer shows the progression of the extension for the year it took him to get it to production. Making his own release instead of trying to make it work with the standard one also shows there was thought put into it (same goes for that little tab, so you don't have to readjust the release each time you put the extension on). If it were such a poor design, don't you think it would have been out a lot sooner?

Quoted:
I like it.  Especially since it didn't permanently change the rifle.  The price though , a little too high for me.

It reminds me of an Air Service 03.

That was my main reason for buying it. Price was high, but not something you see a lot. Makes my collection unique... just like my Beretta 92 SGS compensator reproduction, 10/22 Takedown with Green Mountain Laminate stock, and I'm sure it will piss a lot of people off, but my M1903 USMC sniper reproduction. I like having things that not everyone has.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
This is actually descended from a WW2 idea from Finland.

So it's kinda C&R on a Kivääri!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#10]
To me it's a solution looking for a problem.  It's interesting and I'm not going to beat the OP up for his choices, but I can't see the benefit for me.  And at this price it's as costly as the weapon itself.  In the case of a run of the mill 91/30
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I think it's cool but my shoulder is just fine with a five round mag.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is actually descended from a WW2 idea from Finland.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5475/12649407915_edf28f3667_o.jpg

So it's kinda C&R on a Kivääri!
View Quote

That is very cool! I like seeing stuff like that... too bad there wasn't anything in Lapin's book (unless something passed the 5th Edition).

Z09SS, do you have any more info on that?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Kinda neat. If you squint or cross your eyes at the last picture its kinda starting to resemble an SVT.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Just a line with the pic on this page.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:24:59 PM EDT
[#15]
$150 is awfully expensive for a mag extension.

I doubt he's going to sell very many of these.  At half that, I might consider one, to screw around with on one of my carbines.

If you're happy with it, I guess that's the important part.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Would look better on an M44
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I want one for my M44, but it costs as much as my M44...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top