Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2015 8:40:34 AM EDT
One Rate

Maybe?  Order free supplies online.  Package and drop off.   Would that be okay?  It is NOT a ground service if you read the FAQ.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
One Rate

Maybe?  Order free supplies online.  Package and drop off.   Would that be okay?  It is NOT a ground service if you read the FAQ.
View Quote

it looks like FEX's answer to usps flat rate boxes. I
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool if ok for pistols. That $35 bs on gunbroker and many other places is a decent hit sometimes, and definitely adds up.

As far as being a response to UPS's Flat Rate options, ya, and only 5+ years late. Maybe it was USPS delivering the memo to them, so really late. Also, tracking feature didn't work for them. Ever.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One Rate

View Quote

FedEx rules do not state that you can't use ground service.  They state you must use Priority Overnight.  The One Rate packages do not appear to be Priority Overnight, so I am not sure how you came to your conclusion.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:11:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FedEx rules do not state that you can't use ground service.  They state you must use Priority Overnight.  The One Rate packages do not appear to be Priority Overnight, so I am not sure how you came to your conclusion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One Rate

Honestly... it's FedEx. They won't xray your package unless it's going to another country, and even customs probably handles that. It's nothing but a store policy, made to limit their handling time because their employees can't be trusted.

So... just like carrying into a local public business that doesn't allow legal carry, and I carry anyway.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Where does it say you must use priority overnight?

This is from their website.
Firearms
Carrier will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:
Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors; law enforcement agencies of the U.S. or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or
Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).
Carrier cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D.
Upon presenting the goods for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to Carrier is required to notify Carrier that the shipment contains a firearm. The outside of the package(s) must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package(s) contains a firearm.
The shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable law.
The shipper and recipient are required to comply with all applicable government regulations and laws, including those pertaining to labeling. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can provide assistance.
Carrier will transport small-arms ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law, and the Hazardous Materials section of this Service Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as hazardous materials. You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#6]
http://images.fedex.com/us/services/pdf/SG_TermsCond_US_2014.pdf

Page 7

Firearms
A. FedEx Express will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States
Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:
1. Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors;
law enforcement agencies of the U.S. or any department or agency thereof; and
law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political
subdivisions thereof; or
2. Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed
importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).
B. If your shipment contains firearms, select the Direct Signature Required or Adult
Signature Required Delivery Signature Option, depending on the requirements of your
shipment. See the Delivery Signature Options section for details. Firearms shipments
are not eligible for signature release or indirect delivery.
C. Firearms must be shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight service. FedEx Express cannot
ship or deliver firearms C.O.D. Firearms shipments cannot be placed in a FedEx Express
Drop Box.

D. Upon presenting the package for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to
FedEx Express is required to notify FedEx Express that the package contains a firearm.
The outside of the package must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the
package contains a firearm.
E. The shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable law.
F. The shipper and recipient are required to comply with all applicable government
regulations and laws, including those pertaining to labeling. The Bureau of Alcohol,
Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can provide assistance.
G. FedEx Express will transport ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance
with local, state and federal law, and the Dangerous Goods section of this Service
Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as dangerous goods.
You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Honestly... it's FedEx. They won't xray your package unless it's going to another country
View Quote

The issue is not with it being somehow "discovered." The issue is that if you violate their shipping rules and they LOSE or BREAK your gun, they will not be liable for any insurance claims. If you send a firearm in one of these flat-rate boxes and it gets lost, you can rest assured FedEx will not be giving you a dime.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#8]
so in that case you tell them it had something different of similar value, like a Rolex or something.  Problem solved
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#9]
You don't sound like someone who's ever tried to file a large claim with a common carrier. You can't just tell them some value and wait for your check to arrive.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:10:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had a buyer try to get me to lie about the contents of a package and ship via ground services. No thanks, I think when it comes to firearms I will keep everything above board. But that's just me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top