Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 7:43:27 AM EDT
I really want a ML3, but I heard from one of the mail order sources that AP is announcing a new optic at SHOT....

Seems the ML3 is being discontinued.

Any thoughts?

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I really want a ML3, but I heard from one of the mail order sources that AP is announcing a new optic at SHOT....

Seems the ML3 is being discontinued.

Any thoughts?

View Quote

Knowing my luck it will be something exactly like the Elcan Specterdr, only lighter, better and cost $2k.

How long ago did the T2 come out? Maybe an H2 or some kind of slick docter/rmr/eotech MRDS, who knows, good chance the ML3 goes away soon.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The way they are going, I think they will go after the low cost options and release  a $350 gutted T-2 without as many illumination settings and no NVG settings with a two year battery life.. They will call it the Micro Carbine Optic
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Are they going to announce something specifically for SHOT Show? The most recent press release I received is for the ACO (on 2014-10-20).
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:27:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I guarantee they will announce something with less features, for more money.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are they going to announce something specifically for SHOT Show? The most recent press release I received is for the ACO (on 2014-10-20).
View Quote

Basically I was told by the guy on the phone that AP is making an announcement at SHOT, he was not at liberty to say....and while I don't really want to say the name of the online store, believe me, I am confident they knew what they were talking about...a very well respected company on this website....

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Basically I was told by the guy on the phone that AP is making an announcement at SHOT, he was not at liberty to say....and while I don't really want to say the name of the online store, believe me, I am confident they knew what they were talking about...a very well respected company on this website....

View Quote

So you're just spreading rumors because you asked a guy who knows a guy that has someone one the inside?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm betting they're not announcing anything specifically at SHOT Show.

I remember at one SHOT Show, their new product was the PRO, and that was announced via press release the October prior.

Since the T-2 was announced in June and the ACO was announced in October, I'm betting those are the two products they'll be showcasing at 2015 SHOT Show.

But I guess we'll just have to see what they have at the booth in exactly 2 weeks from now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Aimpoint really doesn't buy into the American big surprise at SHOT Show marketing hype....they bring out a product then tell everybody about it no matter what time of year it is....
Party Poopers
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

So you're just spreading rumors because you asked a guy who knows a guy that has someone one the inside?
View Quote

Not spreading rumors man, I was told this by SWFA. I figured if anyone knows it would be them...Was trying to keep it low key....I was just making a comment to start some dialogue

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#10]
......and here we go.....guess AP   IS learning how to play to the circus.....

Yee Ha!
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]
@@@
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The way they are going, I think they will go after the low cost options and release  a $350 gutted T-2 without as many illumination settings and no NVG settings with a two year battery life.. They will call it the Micro Carbine Optic
View Quote

I think you're probably right....that seems to be the trend in AR optics....value lines.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]
The will announce a budget 1x6 scope with a redesigned reticle, just like everybody else.

TTC
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Been following their FB and they just mentioned that you can try out the new T-2 at Press Range day. I think that's the new product, which is already known to most of us.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Please be a new magnifier.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm in the market for one... so, keeping my fingers crossed.

If not or nothing that interests me, I'll pick one up from LaRue with a flip-to-side mount.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If not or nothing that interests me, I'll pick one up from LaRue with a flip-to-side mount.
View Quote

They definitely need to get something better to compete with the G33. I'm a big Aimpoint fan and still prefer the Eotech. External adjustment like the G33 and smaller/lighter profile would certainly do it for me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

They definitely need to get something better to compete with the G33. I'm a big Aimpoint fan and still prefer the Eotech. External adjustment like the G33 and smaller/lighter profile would certainly do it for me.
View Quote

Wait... people actually buy the Aimpoint Magnifier then skimp out on the Larue mount?!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Just saw the AimPoint presentation from the AR15.com YT channel.
The new products are the ACO and T-2.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I was wrong. They did introduce something new. Looking for a sight for your rocket launcher?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2cqXdJiCIQ
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:30:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

What-what-what?!

Damnit, he knows! Quick, send in the flying monkeys!

If they release a budget micro, I'll probably be in for two. Maybe three, depending on the price and whether or not the budget one is as good as the T2 is for people with astigmatism.

But it'll probably be around $500 MSRP, since they just released the ACO and there are disturbing rumors that they'll be jacking up the price of the PRO to boost ACO sales. Who knows.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guarantee they will announce something with less features, for more money.
View Quote

The pessimist in me agrees with you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What-what-what?!

If they release a budget micro, I'll probably be in for two. Maybe three, depending on the price and whether or not the budget one is as good as the T2 is for people with astigmatism.

But it'll probably be around $500 MSRP, since they just released the ACO and there are disturbing rumors that they'll be jacking up the price of the PRO to boost ACO sales. Who knows.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What-what-what?!

We'll see about that as the USD & Euro-weenie move from parody to parity
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top