Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 10:41:47 AM EDT
Hive,

I have a potential deal and need some advice.

I have this DPMS 308AR for sale/trade.

Guy has offered a Remington 700 SPS Varmit with bedded factory stock and TPS 20MOA rail and TPS rings 30mm
for
my gun and mags, no scope or rings on my part.

What amount of cash should I look for? I was thinking 250-300 but I am always bad at these things.

thanks in advance,
Craig
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hive,

I have a potential deal and need some advice.

I have this DPMS 308AR for sale/trade.

Guy has offered a Remington 700 SPS Varmit with bedded factory stock and TPS 20MOA rail and TPS rings 30mm
for
my gun and mags, no scope or rings on my part.

What amount of cash should I look for? I was thinking 250-300 but I am always bad at these things.

thanks in advance,

The way your rifle is set up, I'd want $500 difference. Negotiate from there.
Craig
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Semis always have the potential to be worth more. What are you looking to gain going bolt action?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the 700 a 308 also?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd say 3-4 hundred in boot.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The 700 is also 308.

No matter how hard I work at it, I can't shoot the semi 308 well.

thanks for the opinion gents.

Craig
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#6]
If it were me I'd throw in a better trigger and get a different barrel for the DPMS. Also weaver brand products don't exude quality to me and the scope is entry level. But if your looking to scratch an inch by getting a bolt action the Remington has a good following. Though I'm more into Tikkas, CZ, And Savages.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#7]
One thing to check, if it has the plastic camo stock you'll be looking to relace it ASAP!

Those things are junk!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd not make that trade.

The stock that comes with the SPS-V is complete shit, it belongs in a dumpster.  The barrel is pretty lack luster as well.  Sure he's got a decent base and rings on it, but that doesn't make it really worth that much more to me.  If it had a better barrel and stock on it I'd consider it, but as it is I'd not bother.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm with K1, I wouldn't make that trade. If you're in this position, I'd just sell the DPMS and consider purchasing a different rifle. The SPS is okay but the stock is shit. The fact that this guy bothered to bed it is an interesting decision, to say the least.

If it were me, and Budget allowing (of course), I'd consider a Tikka CTR or Remington 700P/PSS.  If you want to get a cheaper rifle that is still incredibly accurate, look at a Savage Model 10 (or 11 in the Hog Hunter model).  In the budget realm, I'd also consider a Howa.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:19:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for help guys. I didn't do the trade and still have the DPMS.

I will keep for now but still have it listed for sale. If it sells I will buy a bolt.

I either want a remington 700 5r or the Savage 10 with 5r.

Thanks,
Craig
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top