Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 12:48:01 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a source for Leader T2 parts? I am thinking of converting my MPAR to as close to a Leader T2 as possible.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding from our Canadian friends is that the MPAR is not parts compatible with the Leader Dynamics T2 Mk5. Sorry!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My understanding from our Canadian friends is that the MPAR is not parts compatible with the Leader Dynamics T2 Mk5. Sorry!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, I figured that, but, I wonder if the front sight base/gas block will fit on the MPAR barrel. I am planning on adapting a hand guard from another rifle. I just dont like the fact that it does not have classic style iron sights.

Quoted:
That sounds like a fun project.

The handguard hanger is completely different, but you would have to fabricate the handguards anyways as I've never seen a source.

You could chop the plastic butt from an early Veper, or the cut off end of a Choate Mini-14 stock.

Don at D&D has some he modified for use on Uzi's for $13 w/o hardware.

Scroll down the page.

http://danddsales.com/Stocks_1.htm

The Tango Down grip is pretty close to the shape of the AR-180 and Leader.

I had planned on using the Tango Down grip I am only loosely basing it on the Leader, I like the FNC full stock and hand guard, but, those are hard to find as well!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The gas system on the Leader is offset slightly to the right of center to allow for the charging handle to telescope over the left recoil spring guide rod.

So that would not work.
View Quote

Yes, that is the main issue.. I am not sure why Masterpiece Arms carried that over on the MPAR when it has a side charging handle! I guess to keep people from doing what I want to do Short of using original Leader parts, I guess I will have to fab them myself. I thought for a moment about using an AR-180 gas block and moving the gas system over to center line.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I am in contact with Charles St. George and have asked him a few technical questions. Will post when I hear back.

Update: Mr. St. George confirmed that Leader T2 parts will not fit the MPAR. BUT, he did let slip that he is thinking about reintroducing the T2
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That would be really cool.

Hopefully they would be able to increase the overall quality of construction with US manufacture.
View Quote

I would hope so, most American gun owners are not going to buy them if they are not a quality product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top