Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 8:47:29 PM EDT
Trying to upgrade my storage and looking at a better safe. The problem I am seeing, from reviews, is that many safes claim to hold 18 rifles but they are build for long 22s with no optics. Like most of you, I have black rifles with optics. The one I already have is a mess, to fit everything init with out scratching and tangling my collection...drives me mad...I would prefer to only get one safe that can hold 15 long guns with optics and another for hand guns. I live in an apartment on the 5th floor so weight is a bit of an issue.

My budget is around 600...I know, I know, but it is what I have right now. I would love to just open the door and pluck what I need with out having to empty the whole thing every time.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Try this one. I'm happy with mine and it fits your budget. As a bonus, you can unhinge the door for transportation which
makes it a lot easier to get it up the fifth floor. Just watch the steel balls when you unhook the door since they will drop out.
http://www.costco.com/.product.11625662.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-CategoryTopProducts&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop|CategoryTopProducts
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Love my fort Knox.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Tractor Supply Winchester

Try to watch their sales ads and you will get for low $500s closer to holidays.

My buddy has one as a secondary for overflow etc

Its nice.  His primary is a Browning Platinum
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love my fort Knox.

Txl
View Quote

I love my Fort Knox too, but it was $3,000.  He's looking to spend $600.

OP, be careful on the safe you buy because a lot of them are made in China crap or have thin, cheap metal.  I would check out Rhino Safes Rhino models, not the Big Horn models because those are outsourced, but the Rhino series are good safes made her in the USA.  They will probably be in the $1,000 range, but they are much better and will actually protect your investments than any made in China crap.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, gotta agree with the above.  Buying a cheap safe is like buying a Hi-Point because you only have $125 this week.  Most people would be happier waiting a bit longer and buying the $500 glock.  Not saying you need a $7,000 AMSEC RFX or Graffunder, but there's a big step up when you move from cheap chinese safes to american-made RSC-rated safes.  Save up for a bit longer and get a better safe from one of the big names (liberty, ft knox, rhino, sun welding, whatever).
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Look into liberty safes. They are the best bang for your buck it seems. Their Freedom security line is great.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look into liberty safes. They are the best bang for your buck it seems. Their Freedom security line is great.
View Quote

Or the Centurion Line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top