User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is a Short action. I did not even look at reviews I went by feel. The bolt is so smooth you can close and lock bolt with the tip of the thumb. the stock has the perfect feel in the hands, its bedded and free floating.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is a Short action. I did not even look at reviews I went by feel. The bolt is so smooth you can close and lock bolt with the tip of the thumb. the stock has the perfect feel in the hands, its bedded and free floating.

The Americans in short action chamberings are on short action receivers.  Unlike some of the other budget rifles which are all built on the same long action.

Quoted:
I currently have a 30.06, 7mm mag and 300 weatherby mag so I guess the .270 is out.

Given what you already have the .243 adds the most versatility.

The American 243s come with 1/9" twist barrels.  Which will let you do ~100 grain bullets.

How far you can shoot depends more on what you want the bullet to do when it reaches the target.

Punching hole in paper or ringing steel, you can basically shoot as far as you can see.

The big limitation being how much elevation you can add to the optic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
If I had to choose one, it would be the .270. You can drive 75 grain bullets to high velocity or load deeper penetrating 150s--and everything in between.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top