Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 11:18:34 PM EDT
Hey guys I recently downsized my collection big time (just want a small collection less is more mindset as of late)

Here what i have left

colt python

arsenal sam7r

colt 6920

ruger mk ii competition target

The next thing i was gonna buy was an les baer 1911 but after some thought, I think i should add an benelli m4 instead (really need a good shotgun my python can be used in the semi auto pistol roll for now)

My thinking behind this is no telling what the future holds for bans (look at obamas recent russian ban on ak's and if hilary becomes the next president who knows what will be banned next.) I know 1911's will be un-ban-able in the future (1911 are my favorite pistol i have had a few) So i think a semi auto shotgun would be a good investment and fun to shoot

What do you guys think? Am i making the right move here ?

P.S. Any advice on changing my small collection for the better is welcome

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
1911 is a smart move
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The obvious choice is to add a 1911 AND a shotgun.

The 1911 is made in one form or another by just about every gun company and parts and accessories are widely available.
It would likely be one of the last guns to be banned, but the American people have figured out that gun control doesn't work and the gun laws are now changing for the good.
I don't think we'll see any major gun control for a LONG time no matter who's the president.

The 1911 is an American classic, and the popularity is because it's a totally proven design that gets the job done as well as it can be done.

A good shotgun is just one of those guns you should have around.  It's doesn't have to be an automatic, and good pump guns cost far less and are usually more reliable.
For the cost of a Benelli you could buy the top of the line Remington 870P Police pump gun.  There are far more accessories available for the 870, and it's reliability and durability has been proven in the hands of the military and police since 1950.
NO shotgun has a better reputation for standing up to hard use.

So, buy a 1911 first, then save up and buy whatever shotgun you want.
While you're buying the guns, stock up on all the ammo you can afford.  It's always the ammo that gets put off while people buy nice holsters and accessories, and it's always the ammo that runs out first.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Two votes for a 1911. I do have a good deal set up for a benelli and a collapsable stock as well. I will certainly have both some day just need to decide what to buy next thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:46:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't advise on the choice, as it would be entirely subjective and depend on your intended use.

What I can add is that the single most versatile weapon to have is a good, reliable 12 gauge shotgun, semi or pump with a moderate length barrel and a set of screw in choke tubes.  It is probably the ultimate survival weapon.  The range is from tiny #7-1/2, 8 or 9 shot for small birds, 4-5-6 for ducks and geese, rabbits, squirrels and other small game animals, larger 2's BB and T for larger geese or at longer range, 4 or more different buckshot loads for larger game (including personal defense) at reasonable range (woods hunting) and 12 gauge slugs for a bit longer and even for large bear.  Pretty much covers all the bases for a single survival weapon.  A few boxes of a wide variety of different shells can really come in handy if you find that the rules of civilized society have collapsed and you need to provide for your food as well as your security.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top