Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 1:48:00 PM EDT
Just picked up a t3 hunter in 30-06.  Going to be a hunting rifle, but primarily long range gun.  

Got a 4-16x50 monarch 3 for it.

What mods have you guys done to yours?  I like the trigger and don't want to change it, but think it could use a limb saver butt pad since the rifle is so light.  I also want an alloy bolt shroud to replace the plastic.

Any other mods?  I see they make steel recoil blocks to replace the factory alloy and are more durable, you think those are worth while?

What about picatinny rails with moa built in?  I will be stretching this rifle out as far as I can find a range for and right now that is 600-800 yards.

Thanks for the wisdom
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
All I did was a cheek riser that I got from Creedmor, the comb is a little low for use with a scope in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
About all you really need is a stock pack/cheek riser from Triad, a bipod, and a sling.  Ken Farrell makes some good bases and rings for the Tikkas, with and without moa built in.  I wouldn't waste any money on the recoil blocks unless you are going to change the stock out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:35:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I ended up getting a limb saver recoil pad, since 30-06 from a 7lb gun seems a bit stout.  Also got an alloy bolt cap, and a picatinny rail for more flexibility for scope mounting.  I am going to be shooting the snot out of this gun since I have been getting into long range shooting lately and finally own a caliber that can reach out and still hit with authority.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top