Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 5:31:01 PM EDT
Really interested in the new Remington ACR.  The new one they made with the removable pistol grip, it's lighter, etc etc. Anyone have an idea when we will see it?

This one but the civvies version.

Http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/firearms/carbine/acr.aspx
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It'll be out soon after the factory conversion kits I'm sure.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Really interested in the new Remington ACR.  The new one they made with the removable pistol grip, it's lighter, etc etc. Anyone have an idea when we will see it?

This one but the civvies version.

Http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/firearms/carbine/acr.aspx
View Quote

Never dude, the ACR is dead in the water...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know how many ACRs have been sold VS it's competitors?

For example, IWI has said on it's Facebook page that they have shipped 20K of Tavors by mid-March of this year.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:47:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Meh
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:27:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah:

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:54:35 AM EDT
[#7]
It looks cool.  However, when I need "adaptive" I push two capture pins and replace the upper on my AR15.  As neat as the ACR looks, I'm not going to pay the coin they want for one when I've already got AR15s that work, work well and I can buy a few different uppers for for the same price as the ACR...  

Needless to say, unless they somehow bamboozle congress into forcing the Army to adopt the ACR to replace the M4, the ACR is dead....
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#8]
As others have said, the ACR is dead at both the military and the civie levels.  Crappy quality control and failure to support the weapon on the commercial side has guaranteed that it won't even be a footnote in 3rd Gen carbine history.  As a disgruntled, former ACR owner, I say FBM and FACR.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I own an ACR and like it.  But even I know that the notion of RemDef releasing the magnesium version is a fevered pipe dream.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't understand what it is with these companies.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm friends with a former FG R&D tech who owns a single digit SN example of both.

There's no substantive difference between the Remington and BM guns. Remington Defense owns the designs of stuff like the handguard and magnesium lowers, but the guns are basically the same.

ETA: Oh, and the Masada wasn't the awesome, perfect, unable to be improved rifle it's been romanticized to be.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I will wait for my Radom MSBS built in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA: Oh, and the Masada wasn't the awesome, perfect, unable to be improved rifle it's been romanticized to be.
View Quote

I got my head tore off here and elsewhere pointing out that a magazine/plastics company was going to have a hell of a time making it's first rifle.
Saying that MP was never going to deliver it's original deadline of making the Masada within year after showing the prototype at Shot ( remember that? ) was  treated as outright blasphemy .

ETA: for those who don't know me here (most) , I was a machinist for almost 20 years, so I know what it takes to bring stuff made of metal to market.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I still really want that acr just disappointed in the wait. I'll just keep playing with my ar's and ak's I guess. I just art can't bring myself to buy a scar.  They Just don't feel right
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#15]
If you want it, buy it.  There are two on the self at Sportsmans Warehouse in Helena.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I got my head tore off here and elsewhere pointing out that a magazine/plastics company was going to have a hell of a time making it's first rifle.
Saying that MP was never going to deliver it's original deadline of making the Masada within year after showing the prototype at Shot ( remember that? ) was  treated as outright blasphemy .

ETA: for those who don't know me here (most) , I was a machinist for almost 20 years, so I know what it takes to bring stuff made of metal to market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. Shillbots come out in force whenever I disparage MP stuff. I dont care 'cause their shillbots.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm friends with a former FG R&D tech who owns a single digit SN example of both.

There's no substantive difference between the Remington and BM guns. Remington Defense owns the designs of stuff like the handguard and magnesium lowers, but the guns are basically the same.

View Quote

There's a huge difference between the current Remington prototype and the Bushwacker. Your friend probably has a prototype from a few years ago.

The Remington ACR would be a neat addition to the market however I still think Knight's has the pinnacle 5.56 carbine.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There's a huge difference between the current Remington prototype and the Bushwacker. Your friend probably has a prototype from a few years ago.

The Remington ACR would be a neat addition to the market however I still think Knight's has the pinnacle 5.56 carbine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure in the last couple years since he left FG there's been some serious R&D done on the ACR. I'd be interested in knowing what kind of changes have been made. I'm fairly certain most of the wailing and gnashing of "I want the Remington 'cause it's better" stems from long before there was a substantive difference between the 2.

When the MCX hits the market I'm fairly certain that it will be the pinnacle 5.56 carbine.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm sure in the last couple years since he left FG there's been some serious R&D done on the ACR. I'd be interested in knowing what kind of changes have been made. I'm fairly certain most of the wailing and gnashing of "I want the Remington 'cause it's better" stems from long before there was a substantive difference between the 2.

When the MCX hits the market I'm fairly certain that it will be the pinnacle 5.56 carbine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear god, no way would I take that SIG abomination over even a standard AR

Last I saw of the Remington, they incorporated the following changes:
-Almost 2lbs lighter by removing the tool-less quick change caliber conversion and replaced it with a LMT/SCAR styled tool change
-Low-profile and folding charging handle
-Thinner handguard
-Lighter trigger guard
-AR-15 swappable pistol grip
-AR-15 styled safety
-Enhancements to the gas piston porting

They've really capitalized on some of the best features of the AR-15 and if they ever bring it to market, it will be a welcome addition for sure

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

-Almost 2lbs lighter by removing the tool-less quick change caliber conversion and replaced it with a LMT/SCAR styled tool change
-Thinner handguard
-Lighter trigger guard
-AR-15 styled safety

They've really capitalized on some of the best features of the AR-15 and if they ever bring it to market, it will be a welcome addition for sure

http://www.all4shooters.com/de/Spezial/Messen-2013/SHOT-Show-2013/Pro-Zone/Remington%20ACR-PDW.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Thinner handguard
-Lighter trigger guard
-AR-15 styled safety

http://www.all4shooters.com/de/Spezial/Messen-2013/SHOT-Show-2013/Pro-Zone/Remington%20ACR-PDW.JPG

Interesting.

As for the MCX... well I had a bit of time on the protos, have friends working on it, and know the people working on it's development. It's awesome.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

-Thinner handguard
-Lighter trigger guard
-AR-15 styled safety

View Quote

I think that is one of the best design decisions they could have made.  When the Masada prototype first came out I thought the tool-less barrel change system was really cool, but the more I thought about it I began to think that is was unnecessary, especially given the weight of the system.  I really hope those changes make their way down to the commercial version.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#22]
What's a  ACR?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Yawn.

It took 20 years to import Polish AKs to the States.

Holding my breath for these.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Interesting.

As for the MCX... well I had a bit of time on the protos, have friends working on it, and know the people working on it's development. It's awesome.
View Quote
Hoping to make the MCX my next sbr...any details on the operating system you can share? I assume it's a short stroke, but no one seems to have any pictures of it...

Frankly, if the MCX had a operating handle anywhere other than the AR position, I'd probably be throwing my money at my computer screen right now, but as it is, that's the only thing I'm sad about. if KAC won't make their PDW in 300blk, then SIG will...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:48:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hoping to make the MCX my next sbr...any details on the operating system you can share? I assume it's a short stroke, but no one seems to have any pictures of it...

Frankly, if the MCX had a operating handle anywhere other than the AR position, I'd probably be throwing my money at my computer screen right now, but as it is, that's the only thing I'm sad about. if KAC won't make their PDW in 300blk, then SIG will...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting.

No, sorry.

You realize the KAC PDW has an AR CH, right? I've personally been hoping KAC will retool their PDW for 300BLK.

As for the CH location, in the age of lights, optics, IR illuminators, and clip-on NV and thermals, that it's THE BEST generic location for a CH.

Back on topic, I've always loved the "Remington" ACR. I hope that whenever FG start selling off companies that the ACR picks up again.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yawn.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yawn.

They are building a factory in Texas.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I keep thinking about selling my ACR.  Then I go out and shoot it.  With the gas set to suppressed, and my surefire can, it's the softest shooting 5.56 rifle around.  Mine has been 100% reliable since I got it.  It's plenty accurate.  Granted, it's just a play gun, but it does what it needs to do, and does it well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#29]

CZ has officially stated, in no uncertain terms, that the 805 is not coming to the USA.

Oh SNAP! That's the  Radom.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Ok, where the fuck can I get that box of 5.56 and how much does it cost?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

CZ has officially stated, in no uncertain terms, that the 805 is not coming to the USA.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fuck yeah Radom.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:59:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

IM Montrala?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:23:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You realize the KAC PDW has an AR CH, right? I've personally been hoping KAC will retool their PDW for 300BLK.
View Quote
Yes, I did. But since the KAC PDW is unobtanium indefinitely, it could have the charging handle on my crotch and it wouldn't matter.

Also agreed that the only real hope for the ACR is for FG to sell off either whole companies or just the IP to someone who gives a damn about it. There's clearly a lot of passion (in a small group of people) for the platform, and there's nothing really wrong with it...

Oh well, wish in one hand, shit in the other etc, etc.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yawn.

Again, holding my breath.

The main person behind "the factory" has been trying to get stuff out of them for decades.

So far, not even so much as a limited run of 100 of some generic AK.

Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#35]
The biggest upgrade to the Remington Acr vs a Bushmaster is the weight.  it's supposed to be 6.2 pounds with a fluted 14.5 inch barrel and collapsible stock, vs an enhanced Acr at 8.5 ish pounds.

Even with almost everything done to my Acr it's still 7.2 pounds.  If I lightened the barrel I could get it right under 7 pounds.

Personally I don't see it coming to the civilian market unless something major changes at FGI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top